M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#5361 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:39 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:24 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:13 pm
On D1, teacon was leading 5-3 when Jamie voted for ND to make it 5-4, so there was an effort to save teacon. The 3 votes for ND after Jamie were from brainbomb, kgray, and Hamilton. This could have been all town, but it renews my suspicion of kgray's vote, since she moved her vote off of teacon after Jamie voted for ND.
I love how I’ve been concerned about her vote for quite awhile...
The possibility that you are bussing her is also concerning.

Durga

#5362 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:39 pm

Ok fuck Chaqa, he's scum for seeing what was going on and not posting his two picks. But y'all deal with him later.

I'm anxious to keep this game going. So, player X lied about their visits, so we have 2 or 3 scum. We'll know when we flip player X today if they're smuggler or informer or whatever. Jailer does not need to claim, congrats jailer!

If I actually caught 3 scum in 2 days I'm soooo sorry loooool

Fluminator

#5363 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:45 pm

I hope one if them is damo lol

Fluminator

#5364 Post by Fluminator » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Predicting Bunny as one. He was really clunky this last visit

bozotheclown

#5365 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 pm
D1 Vote, Color edition for reference:
ND (7) ghug, Durga, aarodactyl, Jamiet99uk, brainbomb, kgray, Hamilton Brian
teacon7 (6) Fluminator, BunnyGo, Hellenic Riot, VashtaNeurotic, Chaqa, Balki Bartokomous
Maniac (4) rdrivera2005, celaph, ND, damo666
ghug (2) Nephthys, worcej
Jamiet99uk (2) bozotheclown, teacon7
Fluminator (1) Bonatogether
bozotheclown (1) Yoyoyozo
Nephthys (1) Vecna
damo666 (1) e.m.c^42
Durga (1) Maniac

Now the 'fun' questions:
  1. Why was HB saved in the last 15 minutes?
  2. Who looks bad for this one?
  3. Does anyone look worse now on D1 with this flip?
  4. Can you all listen to me that kgray is scum now?
Where did you get this voting list to edit?

bozotheclown

#5366 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:10 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:27 am
kgray wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:16 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:39 am
Eh... a town flip is still information regardless.

But this isn't your first time thinking this if I recall prior games.
He was scum when he argued this!! In M1011. You made a *huge* deal out of people saying it wasn't scummy to tie the vote, and then I'm pretty sure that in the god thread you said something like "at least I was sort of right and the people saying it wasn't scummy were scum."

It's so hard to tell if worcej is in the deepest tunnel imaginable or if he's actually scum. But one thing I know that is consistent about worcej is how much he prioritizes info over keeping a townie alive, and how much he scumreads and makes a big deal out of people who disagree on this.

So the fact that he thinks it's acceptable for (1) damo to avoid voting to save his strongest townread, even though the counter wagon was damo's mild townlean at best; and (2) for damo to say he *preferred* a tie to a flip because he thought both wagons were town, and that's why he didn't vote... is just nuts. Absolutely nuts.
I cannot remember a lot of things - but I am okay with being wrong. M1011 was almost 7 months ago, so yeah - opinions change.

I mean, I guess you think I am scum for 'tunneling' you? Damo didn't tie the vote, I wouldn't let him if it tried. Information was gained - so what's your concern?

I don't think it's a big deal that he didn't vote his mild townlean over a conf-town... I don't think this is something abnormal for me, but go ahead and quote me from a game like M1011 (that was 11 games ago and, as I said, was almost 7 months ago FWIW)

And yeah, I am nuts. I play an internet deduction game regularly and constantly pull my hair out over trying to figure out which one of you dinks are lying profusely - I have to be partially insane.
Here are the quotes from M1011, and this was when damo voted for the tie to save himself:
worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:18 pm
Damo looks suspicious as shit simply because a town player should never intentionally tie the vote - your flip still has meaning on D1.

Rdr was a :? but flip now makes him obviously look fine now.

summit I am questioning - why damo in the last 10 minutes? I don't see any mention of you scumming him in any way.

##vote summit
worcej wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:35 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 pm
Obviously I vote to save myself. Worcej's comment is laughable.

Xorxes's vote on me is NAI just as mine on him is.

I slightly disagree with Xorxes' analysis that if we are both town scum could easily have untied it to get a kill, despite the fact there was very limited time any scum switching late would look very dodgy following a townflip so I think if we are both town the scum team has wider possibilities than Xorxes thinks.

If Xorxes is scum I am pretty sure summit must be his teammate.

Neph not moving his vote is very odd. It only makes sense if it were SvS and I can assure that was not the case.

It's late for me here in UK so will do some more thinking of possible scumteams that fit yesterday's vote but basically it must be Xorxes, summit and Tom or kgray OR
1 or 2 from food/bozo/worcej/chaqa with 2 or 1 from kgray/tom/summit
OR 1 + 1 + Neph with the latter trying some sort of 'can't be scum otherwise I'd have voted kind' of thing

Gun to head my current guess would be bozo, worcej and summit
Oh, it's laughable that I think self preservation in a TEAM game is stupid? What value did saving yourself provide us?

Your reads from above are nothing new and nothing insightful, like what a flip would've provided.

worcej

#5367 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 pm
worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:16 pm
D1 Vote, Color edition for reference:
ND (7) ghug, Durga, aarodactyl, Jamiet99uk, brainbomb, kgray, Hamilton Brian
teacon7 (6) Fluminator, BunnyGo, Hellenic Riot, VashtaNeurotic, Chaqa, Balki Bartokomous
Maniac (4) rdrivera2005, celaph, ND, damo666
ghug (2) Nephthys, worcej
Jamiet99uk (2) bozotheclown, teacon7
Fluminator (1) Bonatogether
bozotheclown (1) Yoyoyozo
Nephthys (1) Vecna
damo666 (1) e.m.c^42
Durga (1) Maniac

Now the 'fun' questions:
  1. Why was HB saved in the last 15 minutes?
  2. Who looks bad for this one?
  3. Does anyone look worse now on D1 with this flip?
  4. Can you all listen to me that kgray is scum now?
Where did you get this voting list to edit?
The bot.

worcej

#5368 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:26 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:10 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:27 am
kgray wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:16 am

He was scum when he argued this!! In M1011. You made a *huge* deal out of people saying it wasn't scummy to tie the vote, and then I'm pretty sure that in the god thread you said something like "at least I was sort of right and the people saying it wasn't scummy were scum."

It's so hard to tell if worcej is in the deepest tunnel imaginable or if he's actually scum. But one thing I know that is consistent about worcej is how much he prioritizes info over keeping a townie alive, and how much he scumreads and makes a big deal out of people who disagree on this.

So the fact that he thinks it's acceptable for (1) damo to avoid voting to save his strongest townread, even though the counter wagon was damo's mild townlean at best; and (2) for damo to say he *preferred* a tie to a flip because he thought both wagons were town, and that's why he didn't vote... is just nuts. Absolutely nuts.
I cannot remember a lot of things - but I am okay with being wrong. M1011 was almost 7 months ago, so yeah - opinions change.

I mean, I guess you think I am scum for 'tunneling' you? Damo didn't tie the vote, I wouldn't let him if it tried. Information was gained - so what's your concern?

I don't think it's a big deal that he didn't vote his mild townlean over a conf-town... I don't think this is something abnormal for me, but go ahead and quote me from a game like M1011 (that was 11 games ago and, as I said, was almost 7 months ago FWIW)

And yeah, I am nuts. I play an internet deduction game regularly and constantly pull my hair out over trying to figure out which one of you dinks are lying profusely - I have to be partially insane.
Here are the quotes from M1011, and this was when damo voted for the tie to save himself:
worcej wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:18 pm
Damo looks suspicious as shit simply because a town player should never intentionally tie the vote - your flip still has meaning on D1.

Rdr was a :? but flip now makes him obviously look fine now.

summit I am questioning - why damo in the last 10 minutes? I don't see any mention of you scumming him in any way.

##vote summit
worcej wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 2:35 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 pm
Obviously I vote to save myself. Worcej's comment is laughable.

Xorxes's vote on me is NAI just as mine on him is.

I slightly disagree with Xorxes' analysis that if we are both town scum could easily have untied it to get a kill, despite the fact there was very limited time any scum switching late would look very dodgy following a townflip so I think if we are both town the scum team has wider possibilities than Xorxes thinks.

If Xorxes is scum I am pretty sure summit must be his teammate.

Neph not moving his vote is very odd. It only makes sense if it were SvS and I can assure that was not the case.

It's late for me here in UK so will do some more thinking of possible scumteams that fit yesterday's vote but basically it must be Xorxes, summit and Tom or kgray OR
1 or 2 from food/bozo/worcej/chaqa with 2 or 1 from kgray/tom/summit
OR 1 + 1 + Neph with the latter trying some sort of 'can't be scum otherwise I'd have voted kind' of thing

Gun to head my current guess would be bozo, worcej and summit
Oh, it's laughable that I think self preservation in a TEAM game is stupid? What value did saving yourself provide us?

Your reads from above are nothing new and nothing insightful, like what a flip would've provided.
Do you think my opinion on how to play the game of mafia cannot change over 6 MONTHS.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5369 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:39 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:38 am
aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:55 am
Jailing update:

HR: Kgray Damo
Flum: HR Kgray
kgray: HR Vecna
aaro: Flum Worcej
Balki: Flum Vecna
Worcej: Balki Damo
EMC: damo maniac
ghug: kgray flum
bozo: HR Vecna
bona: brain celaph
bunny: ghug Kgray
maniac: vashta ghug

Confirmed Town so why bother?:

Durga (tracker)
Tom (vig)

People remaining:

Jamie
Celaph
Chaqa
Damo
Vecna
Yoyo
What is this?
If you were the jailer, who would you have jailed each night?

Answering is not optional
Bunny on N1, Balki on N2

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5370 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:39 pm
Ok fuck Chaqa, he's scum for seeing what was going on and not posting his two picks. But y'all deal with him later.

I'm anxious to keep this game going. So, player X lied about their visits, so we have 2 or 3 scum. We'll know when we flip player X today if they're smuggler or informer or whatever. Jailer does not need to claim, congrats jailer!

I saw a big post with names, wasn't quite sure what the idea was. I was playing Among Us and Jackbox last night and then working on the D&D campaign I'm starting tonight so I'm a little behind.

Why is there a near-unanimous Yoyo wagon? What did I miss?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5371 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:28 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:39 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:38 am

What is this?
If you were the jailer, who would you have jailed each night?

Answering is not optional
Bunny on N1, Balki on N2
Reasoning is that Bunny was my only townread before the Teacon flip, and Balki is the person I'd most expect scum to shoot if he's town on Night 2.

Vecna

#5372 Post by Vecna » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Durga wrote:

Interesting. Excellent.

So the question now is what roles they have instructed to lie. Communicator seems quite likely to have been telling people what to do here.

Question two is if scum went for the straightforward smuggler use (smuggle to protect their own teammates) or the offensive use to potentially create miskills.

If they went for the straight forward smuggler use, theyd lie about it most likely. If trying to frame people, theyd probably just out it honestly since it was much more likely a target that other people would want to target and it wouldnt get them reverse-caught on flip or their targets.

Whether theyd lie about the RB and blackmailer......probably at least for the N1 blackmailer target since its quite possible that went to Neph. Its possible they deduced it based on play patterns or w/e. Generally, if they went for the smart plays, theyd also have to lie about it. Why roleblock or blackmail people you want to kill early anyway. You need to find the PR threats among the people that are going to survive till lategame.

I dno, plenty of theorizing to be done, but it remains guesswork on how scum would approach this.

Having everyone lie and just sacrifice the person caught might be the smarter approach than actually giving us material to analyze and scrutinize for the rest of the game.

Durga

#5373 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:34 pm

I can't see rb p sure.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5374 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:35 pm

Oooh Vash subbed out? I'm sad. He was my M1 buddy.

Vecna

#5375 Post by Vecna » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:34 pm
I can't see rb p sure.
why not? I dont see any reason why you wouldnt be able to track them

Durga

#5376 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:37 pm

I think player X was caught off guard and said what he said. The other mafia probably said things closer to the truth, there are a few highly suspicious choices out there.

Durga

#5377 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:37 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:36 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:34 pm
I can't see rb p sure.
why not? I dont see any reason why you wouldnt be able to track them
I think that was in the rules?

worcej

#5378 Post by worcej » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:40 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:24 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:13 pm
On D1, teacon was leading 5-3 when Jamie voted for ND to make it 5-4, so there was an effort to save teacon. The 3 votes for ND after Jamie were from brainbomb, kgray, and Hamilton. This could have been all town, but it renews my suspicion of kgray's vote, since she moved her vote off of teacon after Jamie voted for ND.
I love how I’ve been concerned about her vote for quite awhile...
The possibility that you are bussing her is also concerning.
:eyeroll:

Vecna

#5379 Post by Vecna » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Role Interaction Guide

Some common interactions follow. Again, the terminology and the plain meaning of the role PMs should be enough to figure out anything, but for your convenience:

1. Trackers cannot see the target of an EDEN LOYALIST carrying out the faction's assassination kill. Trackers cannot see the target of a role whose action was cancelled. Notably, Trackers cannot see the target of Medics and Last Rites Priests unless those roles have successfully protected their target. (In other words, if the Tracker targets the Medic, and if the Medic targets another player who is attacked and protected, the Tracker will see that the Medic targeted that player. If the Medic's target is not attacked, the Tracker will receive no result.) Trackers can see all other targets.

It specifically states you can see the RB (unless he or his target was jailed)

Durga

#5380 Post by Durga » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:41 pm

Oh weird, why was I under this strange impression... Anyway yeah, they could be rb as well then