Conspiracy Theories

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Fluminator

Conspiracy Theories

#1 Post by Fluminator » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:35 pm

This actually isn't a troll thread like most of mine are.

I've been researching conspiracies lately for fun since I have a lot of family members deep into them and I figured I'd try to learn more about them. I've always had a soft spot for conspiracies it was always a little ironic.

But the more I look into them, the more it's actually compelling? Like a good chunk are obviously bogus and aren't even worth looking into (flat earth, jews run the world, reptilians idk)

But when you have the premise that there are extremely rich people in the world with extraordinary influence and bribery power, and who control all the mainstream news sources (and probably most of the alternative news sources as well lol), they have the ability to pull a ton of strings.

Why is it so laughable for a bunch of Americans that perhaps there is more going on than people suspect?

Octavious

Re: Conspiracy Theories

#2 Post by Octavious » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:53 pm

Utter tosh. You'll be telling us next that the price of oil is controlled by a shady alliance of international leaders, or that the French secret service slaughtered a boatload of environmentalists, or that the UN Secretary General was assassinated to prevent him bringing peace to the Congo, or that the British planned to leave a secret network of nuclear mines in Germany that would be detonated by chickens.

If you believe shit like that you'll believe anything.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3 Post by orathaic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:32 pm

I mean, some will say that the super wealthy have a cure for Cancer, but apparently it is more profitable to keep it hidden so they can profit from the treatment... (which is easily disprove by simply asking how Steve Jobs died).

That said, I believe the 9/11 theory is that some men associated with Bin Laden conspired to crash planes into the world trade center in NYC (and some other targets). Lots of conspiracies are true, we just usually find out about them, because it is difficult to keep things secret (unless you tell no-one, like that Oklahoma city bombing?)

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:41 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:35 pm
This actually isn't a troll thread like most of mine are.

I've been researching conspiracies lately for fun since I have a lot of family members deep into them and I figured I'd try to learn more about them. I've always had a soft spot for conspiracies it was always a little ironic.

But the more I look into them, the more it's actually compelling? Like a good chunk are obviously bogus and aren't even worth looking into (flat earth, jews run the world, reptilians idk)

But when you have the premise that there are extremely rich people in the world with extraordinary influence and bribery power, and who control all the mainstream news sources (and probably most of the alternative news sources as well lol), they have the ability to pull a ton of strings.

Why is it so laughable for a bunch of Americans that perhaps there is more going on than people suspect?
The idea that corrupt super-wealthy people are doing things we don't 100% know about is not all that mad.

What's mad is believing that someone as obviously unstable as Alex Jones could have it all correctly figured out.

Octavious

#5 Post by Octavious » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:40 am

orathaic wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:32 pm
I mean, some will say that the super wealthy have a cure for Cancer, but apparently it is more profitable to keep it hidden so they can profit from the treatment... (which is easily disprove by simply asking how Steve Jobs died).
I worry about your standards of proof at times. That merely suggests that Steve Jobs wasn't one of the super wealthy in question. I don't think that even the most enthusiastic conspiracy theorists believe that every single wealthy person is involved. Besides which Steve Jobs may have simply chosen not to be cured, or may not have actually died, choosing instead a quiet retirement with Elvis, Princess Diana, and the reanimated body of Disney.

Octavious

#6 Post by Octavious » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:50 am

In rather amusing conspiracy theory news, it turns out that the founder of the UK's first birth control clinic, the Family Planning Association, and a major global abortion provider was indeed a crazed eugenicist, pen pal of Hitler, and passionate supporter of creating a master race.

You couldn't make it up :razz:

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7 Post by flash2015 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:57 pm

Octavious wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:50 am
In rather amusing conspiracy theory news, it turns out that the founder of the UK's first birth control clinic, the Family Planning Association, and a major global abortion provider was indeed a crazed eugenicist, pen pal of Hitler, and passionate supporter of creating a master race.

You couldn't make it up :razz:
Are you talking about Charles Vickery Drysdale...or someone else?

Octavious

#8 Post by Octavious » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Good God, there's more of them?

I was referring to Marie Stopes.

Octavious

#9 Post by Octavious » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:08 pm

So British family planning was indeed a conspiracy of far right eugenicists :lol:

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#10 Post by flash2015 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:31 pm

The wikipedia link for the Family Planning Association points me to Charles Vickery Drysdale...though I didn't find any links indication he was a "crazy eugenist, pen pal of Hitler, and passionate supporter of creating a master race." This is why I was asking for confirmation.

I will lookup Marie Stopes. It looks like she was for birth control but against abortion, like Margaret Sanger.

Matticus13

#11 Post by Matticus13 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:51 pm

What's better than QAnon atm?

Trump is fighting behind the scenes with the forces of darkness, known simply as the "Deep State." The Libertards are lead by Satan worshipping pedophiles and George Soros/Bill Gates.

Classic

Octavious

#12 Post by Octavious » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:42 pm

She appears to have had various views on abortion throughout her life, which doesn't seem particularly unusual. She has both been against it and advised on methods that can perform it. It does seem that the organisation she helped creat was geared towards family planning rather than abortion while she was active in it.

Her motivation is fascinating, though. Take this from her book "Radiant Motherhood"
While on the other hand, society allows the diseased, the racially negligent, the thriftless, the careless, the feeble-minded, the very lowest and worst members of the community, to produce innumerable tens of thousands of stunted, warped, and inferior infants