MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1801 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 8:27 am

RagingIke hasn't been CC'ed but my goodness his explanations are weak.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1802 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 17, 2018 11:07 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 am
dargorygel wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

I am also noticing Jamie’s attention to tiny details of play. (Like Balki’s weird typing, and my extra quotation marks.) This seems like a newbie scum -hunt… or a scum ‘engagement-fake’ sort of thing. And Jamiet is not a newbie.
What's this about me questioning you about "extra quotation marks" ?? I don't remember any such thing. Page?
Jamiet99uk
Day-3 24:51
page 66 Dargorygel what's with those blank quotes?

Jamie... do you think you are displaying any different style?

Jamiet99uk

#1803 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 12:14 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:07 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 am
dargorygel wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

I am also noticing Jamie’s attention to tiny details of play. (Like Balki’s weird typing, and my extra quotation marks.) This seems like a newbie scum -hunt… or a scum ‘engagement-fake’ sort of thing. And Jamiet is not a newbie.
What's this about me questioning you about "extra quotation marks" ?? I don't remember any such thing. Page?
Jamiet99uk
Day-3 24:51
page 66 Dargorygel what's with those blank quotes?

Jamie... do you think you are displaying any different style?
No I don't.

That wasn't about quotation marks, you were posting blank quotation boxes, like this:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
I always question weird stuff that make sense to me, or anything I find contradictory or inconsistent. I only have one style. I play like me, all the time.

yavuzovic

#1804 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Actually Jamiet, you have two styles.
You are a nice person when you are calm.
But your angry personality is totally different.
https://youtu.be/65wblLv1XDk

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1805 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 pm

I think Ike is scum. There isn't a single thing that makes his story plausible. This said, I am not sure we should lynch him today. What we get from it? Since we get a majority of votes on him the day is gone, I don't believe scum will try to save him.

So, I think we should ignore him for now and try to get our next scumread lynched.

To start with ##vote Thamrick

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1806 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 17, 2018 1:31 pm

thamrick wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 am
##CALL GM - how do you plan on handling EoD now with the preview post function removed? Will votes placed after your "DAY HAS ENDED PLEASE HOLD" post count?
I will do my best to end phases at exactly 6pm eastern time. Any votes after my post ending the day will not be counted.

Foxcastle

#1807 Post by Foxcastle » Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 pm

It's Day 4, we have 15 players.

Phase 4: 15, mislynch to 14, NK to 13 -> 5 scum and 8 town.

Phase 5: 13, mislynch to 12, NK to 11 -> 5 scum and 6 town.

Phase 6: LYLO.

I think that's right. So we could wait two more days to lynch Ike. As much as I want to just get him out of the way, his lynch won't tell us much since scum will know to bus. So yeah, I'm good to look elsewhere.

Jamiet99uk

#1808 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 1:45 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:44 pm
Actually Jamiet, you have two styles.
You are a nice person when you are calm.
But your angry personality is totally different.
https://youtu.be/65wblLv1XDk
This is true, but both of these sides of me appear in every game.

Jamiet99uk

#1809 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 pm

##CALL UK

Vote count?

Jamiet99uk

#1810 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 1:47 pm

##CALL GM even
Stupid autocorrect

yavuzovic

#1811 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 pm
It's Day 4, we have 15 players.

Phase 4: 15, mislynch to 14, NK to 13 -> 5 scum and 8 town.

Phase 5: 13, mislynch to 12, NK to 11 -> 5 scum and 6 town.

Phase 6: LYLO.

I think that's right. So we could wait two more days to lynch Ike. As much as I want to just get him out of the way, his lynch won't tell us much since scum will know to bus. So yeah, I'm good to look elsewhere.
Yes, also the doctor may prevent deaths till then. And if he is right, scums may try to nightkill him.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1812 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Vote Count 4.1

snowy801 (3): DemonRHK, Jamiet99uk, yavuzovic
Balki Bartokomous (1): Foxcastle
Ezio (1): dargorygel
thamrick (1): rdrivera2005

Many people have yet to vote.

Currently snowy is set to be lynched

1 day, 8hrs remain in D4.

thamrick

#1813 Post by thamrick » Thu May 17, 2018 3:01 pm

@rdrivera - how did you feel about bozo during D1? You complained about him being lynched afterwards, but you didn't share much of your feelings on him during the day.

@peterlund - since D2 you've been pushing a narrative for a scumcore of Balki/snowy/Jamie and heavily voting Jamie throughout that time. Why did you move Jamie down to "scummish" in your EoN3 reads but leave Balki and snowy in the "scum" category?

Also, why did you never follow up on your VCA from D1? It was one of your first posts D2 and you pointed to snowy, RHK, and darg being possible scum based on D1 votes. You never followed that up with questions for any of the three, yet you have kept snowy in your scumreads and barely mentioned RHK and darg (but have them as townreads).

##VOTE peterlund - he's flying just under the radar by tunneling on Jamie but his actions don't match his reads.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1814 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm

thamrick wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:01 pm
@rdrivera - how did you feel about bozo during D1? You complained about him being lynched afterwards, but you didn't share much of your feelings on him during the day.

@peterlund - since D2 you've been pushing a narrative for a scumcore of Balki/snowy/Jamie and heavily voting Jamie throughout that time. Why did you move Jamie down to "scummish" in your EoN3 reads but leave Balki and snowy in the "scum" category?

Also, why did you never follow up on your VCA from D1? It was one of your first posts D2 and you pointed to snowy, RHK, and darg being possible scum based on D1 votes. You never followed that up with questions for any of the three, yet you have kept snowy in your scumreads and barely mentioned RHK and darg (but have them as townreads).

##VOTE peterlund - he's flying just under the radar by tunneling on Jamie but his actions don't match his reads.
I don't really see what importance it has, and keep me giving the feeling you are just asking questions to seems active, but I will answer anyway.

I didn't have anything feeling about Bozo. He joke voted me and I answer with a "I love you too " joke. He was away most of the day and when I leave work (1 hour before EOD as always) he wasn't a wagon and I don't remember anyone scumreading or voting him. Then he shows, vote Ike and people just start voting him with almost no reasoning. I have said before I don't like last minutes wagons (as town). It usually ends with a town lynch.

thamrick

#1815 Post by thamrick » Thu May 17, 2018 3:52 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm
thamrick wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:01 pm

I don't really see what importance it has, and keep me giving the feeling you are just asking questions to seems active, but I will answer anyway.

I didn't have anything feeling about Bozo. He joke voted me and I answer with a "I love you too " joke. He was away most of the day and when I leave work (1 hour before EOD as always) he wasn't a wagon and I don't remember anyone scumreading or voting him. Then he shows, vote Ike and people just start voting him with almost no reasoning. I have said before I don't like last minutes wagons (as town). It usually ends with a town lynch.
What do you mean you don't see what importance it has? You and bozo classically always scumread each other.

Expand beyond that. Bozo voted Ike. What about the rest of his EoD? When you reread them, how did you feel? What do you think about the peter wagon falling off late? Where do you expect the scum votes to be D1? We know bozo was town.

thamrick

#1816 Post by thamrick » Thu May 17, 2018 3:59 pm

And explain what you mean by just asking questions to seem active. Do you have examples? That sentiment has been picked up and echoed by others since you mentioned it. Is that suspicious to you?

While it’s fair that I’ve been less engaged this game, that’s 100% due to real life and will unfortunately. Infinite to be. Working 12-8 today and 1-9 tomorrow EST.

Foxcastle

#1817 Post by Foxcastle » Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Day 1: Bozo lynched at the last minute over Ike

Bozo's final wagon: DrCJG, Teacher, Snowy, Darg, Xorxes, Ike, Reedeer (Foxcastle), Jamiet, Peterlund

Ike's wagon just before he claims PR: Balki, Bozo, ghug, Peterlund, rdrivera, Reedeer (Foxcastle), Thamrick. At this point, Reedeer had just put Ike in first place with 7 votes over Bozo's 6.

Helped lynch Bozo over Ike: Reedeer (Foxcastle) had just voted Ike and moved to Bozo after the PR claim, Jamiet moved from Snowy, Peterlund moved from Ike.

If Ike was calling out he was a PR, does that mean that scum had already done all they could to help him? Which is not to say he didn't have scum on his wagon, but they were stuck—Ike had been a contending wagon more than 2 hours out, so there was always the risk that a move off him would be noticed.

Balki strikes me a little odd here. He'd been on Ike since 24 hours out, and had been around and posting (lightly) up to 39 minutes to EOD, and then vanishes (including for all of N1). The last thing he does is challenge Bozo on his Ike vote, ultimately townreading him for it. Then pops up right at the start of D2 with a RB claim. I think Balki could have anchored a bus vote on Ike, and then felt like it was too risky to move, and then vanished to have plausible deniability that there was nothing he could have done.

I feel like Peterlund looks more townie for the end of day 1. He'd been on Ike previously, but switched to Jamiet 1:17 out. But Jamiet's wagon isn't getting traction with about 10 minutes to go, and Peterlund seems to be looking for a better option. He seems to look between Ike and Bozo, says he had a hunch on Ike but not Bozo, holds fire for a moment, and then put's Ike in the lead with 8 minutes to go. He was on record scumreading Ike, and maybe Bozo (p.22, " The very sharpest knifes in our kitchen drawer: Jamiet99uk, RagingIke297, reedeer1 and bozotheclown!" Was this a scumread, since it included Ike and Jamiet?), why switch to Ike and risk putting his scummate over the line when there were better options? Bozo to tie it, or if he didn't want to tie it, Snowy, and even if Snowy was a bus, that's a less risky bus...

Day 2: Confusion Before Lynching Stressed

From 1:32 out to Balki's move to Stressed at 0:20, the lead wagons are Snowy at 6 (Darg, DemonRHK, Jamiet, Stressed, Teacher, Yavuz) and Jamiet at 4 (Peterlund, Rdrivera, Snowy, TrPrado).

Balki starts the move to Stressed (who already has one vote from Telamor), saying he doesn't like either of those wagons. Specifically, that Snowy could be a "late blooming town flower." (Fun fact about Balki: despite saying EOD2 that he'd vote for Snowy if he doesn't shape up, Snowy gets no votes from Balki on D3...) If he's protecting Snowy, why not just push Jamiet? If he's protecting Jamiet, why not just push Snowy? If he's trying to protect both of them, why not push someone with clearer scumreads?

Peterlund pushes Jamiet. Ghug pushes Jamiet, bringing him to 5 and mistakenly thinking he was creating a 5-5 tie with 5 minutes to go (but Snowy's 6, which the peterbot didn't show). But then Thamrick gets on Stressed, so it's 6-5-3, and then Ghug joins, so it's 6-5-4; given his effort to tie it, it seems like Ghug was trying to just create a tighter field so that there would be something to analyze as people swapped votes. Then Snowy jumps from Jamiet to Stressed, presumably to try to save himself, and Jamiet gets on Stressed from Snowy, which also looks like more of an effort to create distance so that he isn't the lynch himself.

Stressedlines' Final Wagon: Telamor, Balki, Thamrick, ghug, Snowy, Jamiet

If Jamiet is scum, why jump on Stressed if you know that he'll flip town, rather than holding out for one final minute in 3rd place?

If Balki is scum, I think Thamrick isn't, since it would look too obvious to just follow Balki onto a town wagon like that. (And I do think Balki is scum.)

There were a lot of people who just didn't participate at EOD. I guess it was Saturday, so that complicates it, but maybe that points to Town-v-Town with scum sitting by and letting it happen.

Jamiet99uk

#1818 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Thanks for the in depth VCA there Foxcastle.

I'd potentially lynch Balki with you but I'm just as happy with my Snowy vote for now.

I'm quite alarmed by the lack of participation from some people. DrCJF seems to have disappeared for the last 48 hours.

@DRCJF: Where are you? Who are your scumreads? Who are your town reads?

@Ezio: You're my other strong scumread at this moment. Why shouldn't we lynch you?*

*"I'm town" would not be an adequate response to that question. Make a case on someone, you lazy, low-lying scumscrub

Jamiet99uk

#1819 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm

I will vote for Snowy/Ezio/Balki only today, unless there is a CC to Ike.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1820 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:47 pm

Yes, me and Bozo have scumread each other in some games, sometimes it was right (he was scum or I was scum) and sometimes we were both town. Bozo is dead since D1 and was a VT, the only moment he referred to me was in that joke vote. I didn’t even have a read on him before he flipped town. Again, I ask what you expect to get with this questioning? This is what exactly I meant with “questioning to seem active”. And this is scummy, as this is exactly what scum usually do, as they already know all the answers about who is scum and can´t make questions that give good answers for town. If you think I am scum you should be making another type of questions. To be honest, your last ones are a bit better, but I don’t give you much credit as it was after I questioned you.

What I feel when I read the EOD1 was that it was clear to me Bozo was town, why a scum Bozo that was not under pressure will jump in the EOD and start engaging the way he did? I was also
scumreading Ike and seems to me that it was clear Bozo was a scum conterwagon.

About EOD1, I think Bozo was right when he said nothing happened when he put Peterlund on the lead, but he started to get voted when he put Ike on the lke. This is compatible with Ike being scum, that is what I believe. About the votes, I think some scum were on Ike, some scum were on Bozo and some scum on other targets. This is pretty obvious, but D1 is usually the hardest day for scum to vote together as they haven´t talked and don´t know how the others will react, so they usually avoid having more then two in the same wagon (the game with an open QT was an exception, because scum can coordenate the votes). What I expect is we have at least one scum pinned on Ike as they can´t move because of either a strong scumread on him onr a townread on Peter or Bozo. The most likely options are you or Balki.

I bet on two scums on Bozo (three if you count Ike). I think it could be Dargo and Jamiet. I am more and more concerned about Dargo. His vote on Bozo D1 was hedgy, he anchored a vote on Snowy all D2 and on D3 he choosed to lynch Telamor over Snowy. I think he is coasting and it’s my best bet for the deep threat on the scum team. And Jamiet is hard to read in this game, at least to me, I scumread him at times, townread him in others, but at this moment I think he might be scum and this could explain D2.

And the last scum is among the other, I would bet on Bo, Ezio or Prado, in this order, but it´s a wild bet.

So, now that I answered your questions, would you share your answers for the same questions? How do you see EOD1? How do you think scum votes will spread and who do you think is scum?