MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1781 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 11:33 pm

@RagingIke: That still does not explain how, on Night 1 you could have known the scum were going to play the "long game". You are speaking now on the basis of information that the actual Doctor could not have had on N1. This seems very fishy.

Foxcastle

#1782 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 pm

I'm on my phone so I'll flesh out my thinking more later. As I said, scum is playing long, they aren't going to kill me because they are going to let the town do it for them. It's a risky strategy, but it's paying off even better than they could have planned. Yes they know I'm a PR, but they know that they can paint me as scum by not killing me, and my being doctor is just another reason to keep me hanging out in the wind
Please explain the highlighted statement? I do not understand what you mean.
If I'm the cop it's more of a problem, I can continue to scan and continue to look for scum. The only thing I can do is clear someone and prevent NK's. Point bring that I can find innos but I can't out any scum. IMO if I'm cop, scum would kill me tonight. Since I'm doctor they continue on their current course
You're suggesting that the scumteam said, "Yeah, there's a 50 percent chance he's the cop and will be able to throw out 3+ scans before he dies (by either the noose or NK), but let's bank on the chance that he's the doctor and that town will mislynch him sometime after day 4..."

Because a scumteam that utterly idiotic doesn't square with the brilliant masters of persuasion that you are also claiming make up the scumteam...

Foxcastle

#1783 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 16, 2018 11:41 pm

(I guess it's not persuation. Manipulation is better. Long-term planning, I'm told their great at. Definitely playing the long game. Would love to get their advice on retirement investments...)

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1784 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 pm

I'm not buying this.

Also, we're losing.

I'd like to lynch RagingIke. I just feel like my reads are flailing, and I need to know something concrete. Also, lynching RagingIke now prevents Scum from narrowing down Cop further, which is critical right now.

If we're wrong, and we lynch Doctor, that's too bad, but if RagingIke is actually Doctor, then we're getting crushed right now and we probably won't win anyway.

Another option is to say "Hey Doc, CC if you're out there." That is lower risk, because it reduces the risk we lynch our Doctor. But I don't think Ike is Doc, and I'd rather take this risk in an effort to keep Real Doc hidden.

yavuzovic

#1785 Post by yavuzovic » Thu May 17, 2018 12:51 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 pm
I'm not buying this.

Also, we're losing.

I'd like to lynch RagingIke. I just feel like my reads are flailing, and I need to know something concrete. Also, lynching RagingIke now prevents Scum from narrowing down Cop further, which is critical right now.

If we're wrong, and we lynch Doctor, that's too bad, but if RagingIke is actually Doctor, then we're getting crushed right now and we probably won't win anyway.

Another option is to say "Hey Doc, CC if you're out there." That is lower risk, because it reduces the risk we lynch our Doctor. But I don't think Ike is Doc, and I'd rather take this risk in an effort to keep Real Doc hidden.
But this is very dangerous. If somebody else claimed to be doc too, I'd consider. But risking the only cop claim is too dangerous.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1786 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 17, 2018 1:34 am

I don't think we should lynch Ike. I don't believe his claim. But we don't have anyone else claiming (and I don't think they should claim!) Until they do, the spotlight is on Ike. I have been thinking, actually, that Ike might be town claiming to protect the real doc. While that sounds more like a brainbomb move, it could have been motivated by Ike's desire to stay alive. Claim PR at death... and then figure out that claiming doc is better than claiming cop.

But even then... I don't see why the mafia is not NK ing him.

I think our trains have been town/town so far. We have had close votes, and not a lot of frantic changing to protect. (A little... but not a lot.)

@ezio how do you feel about a no-lynch today?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1787 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 am

However, Balki... note the bold print:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I'm not buying this.

Also, we're losing.

Could you explain this? I am not sure what you mean...

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1788 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Thu May 17, 2018 1:51 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 am
However, Balki... note the bold print:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I'm not buying this.

Also, we're losing.

Could you explain this? I am not sure what you mean...
Scum want to kill Cop. They are interested in ruling out people for Cop. They can do that by getting someone lynched, or near lynched, who is in the potential Cop pool. Ike is not in the potential Cop pool, so by lynching him, we do not increase Scum odds of hitting Cop. If we lynch someone in the potential Cop pool, we increase Scum odds of hitting Cop.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1789 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 am

@balki
What about no-lynch for the same reason?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1790 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

Ezio stuff
Ezio didn’t argue any no-lynch stuff. He goes back and forth voting no-lynch and questioning other no-lynch votes. In fact, on Day 2 he votes for townie Teacher for voting no-lynch. This is not scum indicative. But it is a change from meta, and rings oddly.

Ezio read xorxes, and ghug correctly. (“Oh Ghug is very probably town,” and “We are absolutely not Lynching xorxes today.”) Both of which were NKed. It kind of feels like an attempt to distance himself from two likely NK’s.

This on N2 is very convoluted and meaningless… non-posting. “Snowy looks very townie. I like that wagon on stressedlines, but I would have preferred a wagon on Jamie or Tel. I don't buy Jamie and Snowy are scum. Everyone who voted Stressed needs to give us all a detailed explanation of why they voted him instead of Jamiet.”

Ezio’s lack of engagement, and particularly the xorxes and ghug thing are drawing my attention back to him. Maybe this time a vote will get his attention:
##VOTE EZIO

I am also noticing Jamie’s attention to tiny details of play. (Like Balki’s weird typing, and my extra quotation marks.) This seems like a newbie scum -hunt… or a scum ‘engagement-fake’ sort of thing. And Jamiet is not a newbie.

I do like Jamie’s lighter tone, other than the one outburst. But that could be scum-QT giving advice to be cool

thamrick

#1791 Post by thamrick » Thu May 17, 2018 4:10 am

I dunno. Ike's claim feels too convenient for me. Like why would they RB him now but not NK him? I suppose they could have gathered that he was more likely the doc and took a stab at a copread. But the lack of N1 or N2 self-save is also incredibly weird to me too.

thamrick

#1792 Post by thamrick » Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 am

##CALL GM - how do you plan on handling EoD now with the preview post function removed? Will votes placed after your "DAY HAS ENDED PLEASE HOLD" post count?

thamrick

#1793 Post by thamrick » Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 am

@darg - how many games have you played with Jamie? I don't understand your characterization of Jamie

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1794 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 17, 2018 4:15 am

@Thamrick
I have played a few... I think he has been in every regular game I have played with him but one.
My perception of Jamie is that he has been easily upset, takes everything personal, and tunnels angrily. THIS game he seems more calm and reserved.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1795 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 17, 2018 4:16 am

Have you seen him differently?

thamrick

#1796 Post by thamrick » Thu May 17, 2018 4:24 am

Well I just mean you pointed to him paying attention to minute details like typing and extra quotation marks, but that's always Jamie.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1797 Post by dargorygel » Thu May 17, 2018 4:28 am

Ah, ok. It stood out to me as I was trying to read... maybe it stands out more because he is being more calm.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1798 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:43 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:09 pm
As I said, scum is playing long, they aren't going to kill me because they are going to let the town do it for them. It's a risky strategy, but it's paying off even better than they could have planned. Yes they know I'm a PR, but they know that they can paint me as scum by not killing me, and my being doctor is just another reason to keep me hanging out in the wind
In a game with a whole bunch of roles and moving parts, maybe, but in a game where they have just two PRs to find and a hooker to manage one, why would they let you live and assume that the town will take care of you?

Jamiet99uk

#1799 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

I am also noticing Jamie’s attention to tiny details of play. (Like Balki’s weird typing, and my extra quotation marks.) This seems like a newbie scum -hunt… or a scum ‘engagement-fake’ sort of thing. And Jamiet is not a newbie.
What's this about me questioning you about "extra quotation marks" ?? I don't remember any such thing. Page?

Jamiet99uk

#1800 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 am

thamrick wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 am
##CALL GM - how do you plan on handling EoD now with the preview post function removed? Will votes placed after your "DAY HAS ENDED PLEASE HOLD" post count?
They are not counted. They have never been counted. I would be surprised if Tom decides to totally change this now.