MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1741 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 pm
Demon seems scummy to me, but is probably Town.
Way to hedge your bets.

snowy801

#1742 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm generally opposed to anyone appealing to the majority on decision making. Even when you're genuinely clueless and require guidance you should look to the people who you find more trustworthy than not and seek their opinion, not hide behind numbers

but at this point Ike claiming does no harm as it is very evident that he is scum and this would prevent him from claiming the ofher PR on rhe off chance that a PR dies or is forced to claim

I haven"t had time to read since yesterday but I have been thinking about the game and my thoughts are coalescing into something of a big picture regarding all this, so with any luck I'll be able to make my first contribution to this game sometime in day 4. Don't expect too much though, and it'll probably on Thursday evening when I find the time for this

Jamiet99uk

#1743 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 pm

You suck.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1744 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 16, 2018 9:55 pm

I’m very uncertain in my reads right now. I don’t actually know ghug’s alignment. I feel about as sure as I could be that rdrivera is Town. Other than that, I hope to know more soon. My top scum reads right now are RagingIke, Thamrick, DrC, Ezio…Yavuz? But I’m finding it very hard to feel concretely about anything until we see one guilty flip.

I think Demon and Peter are Town because they have both come after me pretty hard. And, I just have not seen Scum come after Town Balki that way in the past. As a general rule, but with very few exceptions, I feel like Town tends to be pretty suspicious of Town Balki, and Scum tend to try to reason with me more.

Thamrick had a good D1, especially if RagingIke is Scum. If RagingIke is Town, then my scum Thamrick read would be stronger. The reason I suspect him right now is because he hasn’t been taking risks, and he hasn’t been very suspicious of me. I just feel like he’s playing a very safe game, and that suggests Scum Thamrick. I also have not seen the righteous indignation of a wrongly accused Towny when people have started wagons on Thamrick. It’s possible that’s because he hasn’t quite felt in real danger yet. But there have definitely been a few moments where it looked like Thamrick would be a leading EOD wagon. I want to flip RagingIke before Thamrick, but Im feeling more and more settled in my Scum Thamrick read.

Snowy has no soul, regardless of alignment. He has made it very difficult to know the alignment of his slot, so maybe he’s scum. But, he doesn’t care about this game at all, and it’s just hard to know if that is correlated at all with his alignment. I don’t know.

Jamiet really went out on a limb with the ghug/Balki phantom cop claim stuff on Day 3. For a while I was thinking that Jamiet was obsessed with the “encryption” stuff because he knew he wasn’t on my team and he wanted to make sure I was not cheating. But, I’m becoming more convinced that he is taking risks because he’s not actively trying to blend in.

Foxcastle has been insightful, but I’d expect that as either alignment. RagingIke’s flip is pretty key to Foxy/Reedeer. Reedeer cast a critical vote to lynch RagingIke in the final moments of D1. So if RagingIke is Scum, you can bet that Foxcastle is Town. Truly, I would consider Foxcastle ~100% clear town if RagingIke flips scum.

BoSox has made some good points, but I’d call them all NAI so far. And Chaqa was very NAI. Verdict is out on Bo.

If Darg or TrPrado is Scum, they are playing a great game. They both come across pretty Towny to me, just based on “vibes.”

The absences of Ezio and DrCJG become more alarming every day. In a game where I’m not seeing much scummy behavior, I look more towards (a) really good players, or (b) absent players. The fact that these guys are lurking it out is really the only reason I suspect these two, but it is becoming more and more suspect.

Jamiet99uk

#1745 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 9:56 pm

If I die tonight (or even if I don't!) I suggest tomorrow's wagons are Snowy / Ezio / Thamrick

I'm also not convinced Balki is town.

See you in the morning I hope.

Foxcastle

#1746 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 16, 2018 9:57 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 pm
Demon seems scummy to me, but is probably Town.
Way to hedge your bets.
I explained before how Demon rubs me the wrong way, but hasn't done or said anything specifically that I can point to as strong evidence of scum.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1747 Post by DemonRHK » Wed May 16, 2018 9:58 pm

I’m still sold snowy is scum. I’m going to vote him at the start of day and ride it until the end.

Balki is pretty scummy

One of bo or fox is as well, and I’m leaning bo on bias of our interactions.

Yavu is still odd as hell

Peter makes sense for scum as well.

I still have town reads on Ike, Jamie, rdr, and Prado.

Maybe I’ll die tonight. Spare me watching snowy escape D4 as well.

RagingIke297

#1748 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 pm

As Balki suggested, I’m hiding the important stuff in a wall of text so scum can’t find it before night ends, enjoy some excerpts from some of my favorite speeches.
The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable — and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come! It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, “Peace! Peace!” — but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
Mr. President and Gentlemen of the Convention. If we could first know where we are, and whither we are tending, we could then better judge what to do, and how to do it. We are now far into the fifth year, since a policy was initiated, with the avowed object, and confident promise, of putting an end to slavery agitation. Under the operation of that policy, that agitation has not only, not ceased, but has constantly augmented. In my opinion, it will not cease, until a crisis shall have been reached, and passed. A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure, permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved -- I do not expect the house to fall -- but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other. Either the opponents of slavery, will arrest the further spread of it, and place it where the public mind shall rest in the belief that it is in the course of ultimate extinction; or its advocates will push it forward, till it shall become alike lawful in all the States, old as well as new -- North as well as South.
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this. But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. I am the doctor, the world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman’s two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation’s wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.
We are in the preliminary stage of one of the greatest battles in history.... That we are in action at many points—in Norway and in Holland—, that we have to be prepared in the Mediterranean. That the air battle is continuous, and that many preparations have to be made here at home. I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
Turning once again, and this time more generally, to the question of invasion, I would observe that there has never been a period in all these long centuries of which we boast when an absolute guarantee against invasion, still less against serious raids, could have been given to our people. In the days of Napoleon, of which I was speaking just now, the same wind which would have carried his transports across the Channel might have driven away the blockading fleet. There was always the chance, and it is that chance which has excited and befooled the imaginations of many Continental tyrants. Many are the tales that are told. We are assured that novel methods will be adopted, and when we see the originality of malice, the ingenuity of aggression, which our enemy displays, we may certainly prepare ourselves for every kind of novel stratagem and every kind of brutal and treacherous manœuvre. I think that no idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered and viewed with a searching, but at the same time, I hope, with a steady eye. We must never forget the solid assurances of sea power and those which belong to air power if it can be locally exercised. I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. My first save attempt was ghug. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty's Government – every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation. The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength. Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
However matters may go in France or with the French Government or with another French Government, we in this island and in the British Empire will never lose our sense of comradeship with the French people. If we are now called upon to endure what they have suffered we shall emulate their courage, and if final victory rewards our toils they shall share the gains, aye. And freedom shall be restored to all. We abate nothing of our just demands—Czechs, Poles, Norwegians, Dutch, Belgians, all who have joined their causes to our own shall be restored. What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over ... the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be freed and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new dark age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science. Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves, that if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."
Mr. Vice President, Mr. Speaker, members of the Senate and the House of Representatives: yesterday, December 7, 1941-a date which will live in infamy-the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan…..But always will our whole nation remember the character of the onslaught against us. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory. I believe that I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us. Hostilities exist, my second save attempt was bo. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger. With confidence in our armed forces-with the unbounding determination of our people-we will gain the inevitable triumph-so help us God.
We’ve grown used to wonders in this century. It’s hard to dazzle us. But for 25 years the United States space program has been doing just that. We’ve grown used to the idea of space, and perhaps we forget that we’ve only just begun. We’re still pioneers. They, the members of the Challenger crew, were pioneers. And I want to say something to the school children of America who were watching the live coverage of the shuttle’s takeoff. I know it is hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen. It’s all part of the process of exploration and discovery. It’s all part of taking a chance and expanding man’s horizons. The future doesn’t belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. The Challenger crew was pulling us into the future, and we’ll continue to follow them……The crew of the space shuttle Challenger honoured us by the manner in which they lived their lives. We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for the journey and waved goodbye and ‘slipped the surly bonds of earth’ to ‘touch the face of God.’
Can we forge against these enemies a grand and global alliance, North and South, East and West, that can assure a more fruitful life for all mankind? Will you join in that historic effort? In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I do not shrink from this responsibility — I welcome it. I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation. The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it — and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
There is no strife, no prejudice, no national conflict in outer space as yet. Its hazards are hostile to us all. Its conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful cooperation many never come again. But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas? We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

In case I do die, I have no clue who scum is and I apologize to those who have died as well as the remaining town members for my lack luster performance. My best guesses would be Peter, Ghug, and Thamrick but take that with the proper amount of salt

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1749 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 pm

PLEASE HOLD. NIGHT HAS ENDED

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1750 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry for the lack of flavor today folks – battling a terrible migraine…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of7LHW5cCBQ

ghug has DIED. He was Xenia Onatopp a VANILLA TOWN.

DAY 4 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST.

Jamiet99uk

#1751 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm

RIP, Ghug.

That was quite the wall of text, Doctor Ike.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1752 Post by DemonRHK » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm

RIP ghug

##Vote snowy

Jamiet99uk

#1753 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 pm

I'm down with that.

##VOTE SNOWY

snowy801

#1754 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 pm

I don't actually have to read that do I?
can you pull out the relevant parts ike

Jamiet99uk

#1755 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 10:06 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 pm
He claims he's the Doctor, and on N1 he saved Ghug, and on N2, he saved Bo.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1756 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 16, 2018 10:06 pm

Ike claimed Doc.

Ike, were you Role Blocked last night?

Jamiet99uk

#1757 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 pm

FWIW I was not roleblocked.

Jamiet99uk

#1758 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 10:10 pm

@Balki - how do you react to Ghug flipping town, since you scumread him yesterday?

RagingIke297

#1759 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:06 pm
Ike claimed Doc.

Ike, were you Role Blocked last night?
I was
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:06 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 pm
He claims he's the Doctor, and on N1 he saved Ghug, and on N2, he saved Bo.
This is all correct

Jamiet99uk

#1760 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 pm

@RagingIke - In the game so far, did you notice anyone else softing or crumbing Doctor?

If you did, don't say their name - at this point a yay or nay is good enough...