M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M60 - Duck Season? (Director's Cut) - Game Thread

#4101 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:49 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Why would HR suddenly change his status to show when he's online and then switch it off again? This makes no sense.
I think he's always had it on and showing in green and standing out. If im wrong about this, and youre certain, please do let me know.

And as I indicated before, I feel he may have had some stake in the outcome of the gunshot. Appearing offline to keep a close monitor on it?

The reasons why he'd do it dont really matter. What matters is if my memory is correct or playing a trick on me.
I'm not certain about anything but I don't think I've ever seen his name show up as being online at the bottom of the forum.
Imagine being HR and youre fed up with me all game. You think Vecna is scum.

Then Vecna comes out and claims that youre not showing your online status after he just voted me. If you indeed have been hiding it forever, how do you respond?

Do you use it as further fuel to show how obviously scum I am that I would go so low as to try and validate a scumread on HR by using something "everyone knows is obviously not true?" Id expect a lot more of "wow you really went there you desperate chap? "

Because to me his response felt like he was caught.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4102 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:37 pm

seth24c wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:31 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:00 pm
Well, my other scum read Bunny is now dead and I was wrong - so not much to comment on that one. Nanook just oozes scum to me and it's hard to shake my focus off that, but others are not agreeing with this enough to pursue.

It's also hard to have strong cases right now with how 'F'ed' I've been on time these past 24 hours. As soon as the gun came up, activity spiked in the game and I am missing a lot of pages of content.

The players I am skeptical of right now are yourself (Vecna), Flum, and ghug. These are more based on what my expectations of play are of each of you then anything else, so it's not something I can sit here and present well.

Bozo's case building and framing scream town-solvey-bozo - he could be wrong on his cases, but the style is his town play.

Durga's tone is different, but stylistically the same as the last big game we played. While I almost naturally want to sus her, I do not find anything inherently scummy and she is doing enough to show she's invested in the game to get a town pass from me.

Others - no strong opinion or at least town them for now.
Can you be a little more specific about what's bothering you about flum and ghug? It's fine if it's still general, not asking you to pull quotes or anything and I don't care about it being presented well.
So I know you didn’t ask me but take a look at the day one interactions between ghug, flum, and Moscow. Then take a look at theirinteraction with the summit wagon. Frame those things with the knowledge that they had that summit was likely to be the flip either day 1 or at the latest day 2 and see if it doesn’t look like they could all three be teammates. They all explore options that aren’t summit but are on his wagon early, maybe why summit didn’t try very hard to defend himself, then get off but return when it is pretty clear he is going to be the flip. I mean we have literally flipped almost all the late movers to the summit wagon aside from Donny and vecna. The only ones left after the tie was broken by Tom. So the only other ones left are myself, nanook, maniac, and worcej. One of those 4 or vecna/Donny are probably the traitor since the traitor probably wouldn’t buss so heavily. My money is on nanook or maniac. On my phone so if mistakes are made in the post sorry.
You think Flum, Moscow, and I all decided to bus our teammate together at once in public like that?

Vecna

#4103 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Vecna wrote:
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Why would HR suddenly change his status to show when he's online and then switch it off again? This makes no sense.
I think he's always had it on and showing in green and standing out. If im wrong about this, and youre certain, please do let me know.

And as I indicated before, I feel he may have had some stake in the outcome of the gunshot. Appearing offline to keep a close monitor on it?

The reasons why he'd do it dont really matter. What matters is if my memory is correct or playing a trick on me.
You're right Vecna, I actually always had my status as visible and then when I saw there was a gun, I concocted an elaborate ploy to turn my visibility off, and then use my new found stealth mode to... Keep posting right up until the gunshot.

I cannot believe that despite that incredibly cunning ruse, you somehow saw through into my true clandestine behaviour.
See, thats the response I wouldve expected straight off the bat. Not after I pointed it out. bit late.

How about you show yourself online for a bit?

Would prove my theory wrong in a heartbeat.

If youre not green or showing as a moderator, it just makes me look like a muppet instantly.

If you are green though, and you've never shown online, how would I know?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4104 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 pm

@Vecna, the first reaction HR had was this:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 am
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 pm
interesting that you too switched to appear offline mode all of a sudden HR
I've been in invisible mode ever since these forums were added, and have never once turned it off.
Which is exactly what I'd expect form someone who's always been in invisible mode regardless of alignment. I have no idea how you think this response indicates he felt caught.

seth24c

#4105 Post by seth24c » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:44 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:37 pm
seth24c wrote:
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Can you be a little more specific about what's bothering you about flum and ghug? It's fine if it's still general, not asking you to pull quotes or anything and I don't care about it being presented well.
So I know you didn’t ask me but take a look at the day one interactions between ghug, flum, and Moscow. Then take a look at theirinteraction with the summit wagon. Frame those things with the knowledge that they had that summit was likely to be the flip either day 1 or at the latest day 2 and see if it doesn’t look like they could all three be teammates. They all explore options that aren’t summit but are on his wagon early, maybe why summit didn’t try very hard to defend himself, then get off but return when it is pretty clear he is going to be the flip. I mean we have literally flipped almost all the late movers to the summit wagon aside from Donny and vecna. The only ones left after the tie was broken by Tom. So the only other ones left are myself, nanook, maniac, and worcej. One of those 4 or vecna/Donny are probably the traitor since the traitor probably wouldn’t buss so heavily. My money is on nanook or maniac. On my phone so if mistakes are made in the post sorry.
You think Flum, Moscow, and I all decided to bus our teammate together at once in public like that?
I think it is possible you all decided to put pressure early in the phase and didn’t really have much choice but to bus since summit never showed up to put forth any type of defense at all.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4106 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:46 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:39 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Vecna wrote:

You're right Vecna, I actually always had my status as visible and then when I saw there was a gun, I concocted an elaborate ploy to turn my visibility off, and then use my new found stealth mode to... Keep posting right up until the gunshot.

I cannot believe that despite that incredibly cunning ruse, you somehow saw through into my true clandestine behaviour.
See, thats the response I wouldve expected straight off the bat. Not after I pointed it out. bit late.

If youre not green or showing as a moderator, it just makes me look like a muppet instantly.

tbh you already look like a muppet for this :lol:

And HR isn't a mod... Sorry, but I don't understand why you're so obsessed with this. I feel like you're leaning too much into the tinfoily-theory town!Vecna meta but it doesn't feel genuine to me at all.

bozotheclown

#4107 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:47 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:28 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:26 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Bozo isn't even voting Vecna lol. He just hopped off flash onto Seth
I moved my vote from flash to Donny and then to seth, but I was only voting for flash because is was coming down to damo vs. flash at Tom's shooting deadline.

I think seth and Vecna as scum together fits.
Do you still think so once you realize I was very vocal about not-seth all of D2? And have done that for pretty much the entirety of the game?

The dude is town. Trying to protect your townreads is not scummy behavior.
Again, I could not find any record of you arguing against a seth wagon all of D2, only at the end of D2 when it was BunnyGo vs. seth.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4108 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:48 pm

https://i.gyazo.com/c75b27691d79fcb8c64 ... 7e2b7c.png

Proof enough I ain't Prado-green for you?

worcej

#4109 Post by worcej » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:26 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:25 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:23 pm

I don't get the green thing, aren't all the names green?
They're all blue to me? Mods are green. Admins are red.

Is it different in dark mode?
Oh, yeah. I just switched to light mode and they're blue. And also I'm blind now.
I need to investigate dark mode...

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4110 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 pm

Can't you also tell by looking at his name on his posts? Bo's name is read because he's an admin, Prado's is darker green because he's a forum mod. So just look at HR's name on his posts and you can see that it's normal (lighter green for dark mode and blue for light mode).

Vecna

#4111 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:02 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:41 pm

seth and Donny are still my top scum reads, but that does not mean I am only looking at D1. However, since the D1 DK was scum, D1 is still our best source of information.

seth voted for Nanook and BunnyGo D2, did not post during the shortened D3, and was voting for damo at the 24 mark of D4. I previously said seth has not done anything since D1 that makes me any less suspicious of him, and that is still the case.

I do not like your argument here, it is easy to criticize players for things they did not do. For instance, I post why seth looked suspicious for his D1, and you say I am ignoring anything after that, yet you are not telling me what seth has done after D1 that should be considering. I am considering what all players did on all days, but I can't post everything I am considering.

If you want a case that covers all days, here is one for you: D1 you avoided voting for summit until he was ahead by 3 votes 7 minutes before EOD, you actively discouraged people for voting for summit during D1, yet after D1 you claimed you were indicating all D1 that you would vote for summit eventually. D2 you started voting for TrPrado, saying in the same post that you were OK with seth as well, yet at EOD when the wagons were BunnyGo vs. seth, you voted for BunnyGo instead of seth. D3 you voted for BunnyGo at the beginning of the day, even though you switched from BunnyGo to TrPrado at the end of D2, and nothing had changed with BunnyGo's claim yet. D4 you had your vote on damo at the 24 hour mark, and are now using damo as an example of why we should not be looking at suspicious activity from D1.
I indicated all of D2 that I was opposed to a seth wagon, and was considernig either bunny or TrPrado. -Maybe- I talked about seth at the start of D2, but I seriously doubt that and dont remember doing so. Even if I did, I explicitely stated several times later on Seth was completely off the table.

Pretty odd of a thing for you to be wrong about and to be accusing me off.
I do not think I am wrong.

Here is your first mention of seth D2, at 47:37:
Vecna wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:23 pm
##vote TrPrado

Damo/Seth also work just fine for me.

Maybe a bozo for that Rdrivera kill
Here is your second mention of seth D2, at 24:19:
Vecna wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:41 pm
MoscowFleet wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Vecna asked if seth was softing anything. As a joke, I said yes, he was softing scum.
It really wasnt about seth though
Here is your third mention of seth D2, at 2:20:
Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:40 pm
I feel seth is a much worse wagon than TrPrado and bunny, but then again, I was wrong on reading him last game as well.

Still, I feel like his level of guts and confrontationalism is a bit higher this game.
Where are your posts where you "indicated all of D2" that you were opposed to a seth wagon? Why, when you finally indicated you preferred BunnyGo over seth 2:20 before EOD, you hedged your town read of seth with "but then again, I was wrong on reading him last game as well"?
I hedged my town reason in that way because that is the way it is. (I think I said the same thing already on D1 but I might be mistaken, ive had a lot of posts by now and some of the stuff is starting to blend together a bit as u can tell). Also, people keep using hedging as some type of dumbass buzzword to indicate scummyness, -and they need to stop doing that-. It shows a thought process. And is hardly ever actually scummy.

Regardless, I think my opinion on seth becomes quite clear in those posts after the last one you mention.

Do you really think scum goes to such lengths to defend a teammate in a 3-way tie type of situation, after people were already very critical of my d1 performance?

worcej

#4112 Post by worcej » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:49 pm

OMG, dark mode is so much better!

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4113 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:51 pm

seth24c wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:44 pm
ghug wrote:
seth24c wrote:

I think it is possible you all decided to put pressure early in the phase and didn’t really have much choice but to bus since summit never showed up to put forth any type of defense at all.
You think Flum was like "teammate, other teammate, let's all vote teammate together to establish a towncore" and we were both like "yes, teammate, ##VOTE teammate, woo towncore"?

I feel like Flum is the one that gets bussed if he tries that.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4114 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:52 pm

Seth - why aren’t you voting one of your counter wagons? Do you townread both flash and Vecna?

Vecna

#4115 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:52 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:41 pm
@Vecna, the first reaction HR had was this:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:02 am
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 pm
interesting that you too switched to appear offline mode all of a sudden HR
I've been in invisible mode ever since these forums were added, and have never once turned it off.
Which is exactly what I'd expect form someone who's always been in invisible mode regardless of alignment. I have no idea how you think this response indicates he felt caught.
Because I would expect ridicule after I just omgus him with that logic after he just voted me if its actually true that he's never been shown as online.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4116 Post by kgray » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:53 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:51 pm
seth24c wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:44 pm
ghug wrote:

You think Flum was like "teammate, other teammate, let's all vote teammate together to establish a towncore" and we were both like "yes, teammate, ##VOTE teammate, woo towncore"?

I feel like Flum is the one that gets bussed if he tries that.
To be fair, if anyone would do this, it's probably Flum.

Vecna

#4117 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:54 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:46 pm
Vecna wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

And HR isn't a mod... Sorry, but I don't understand why you're so obsessed with this. I feel like you're leaning too much into the tinfoily-theory town!Vecna meta but it doesn't feel genuine to me at all.
I know he is not. But he is one of the most heavily contributing mods / site runners of all time.

And I think they never took away his honorable mention on the forum for that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4118 Post by ghug » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:54 pm

I don't know what it means but I want to reiterate that I very specifically remember seeing HR online before EoN3 and hoping he didn't post his reads before the night ended like he did night 2.

Vecna

#4119 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:56 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:48 pm
https://i.gyazo.com/c75b27691d79fcb8c64 ... 7e2b7c.png

Proof enough I ain't Prado-green for you?
Interestingly enough, I am not showing my own name in italics. Does that indicate youre in invisible mode?

Vecna

#4120 Post by Vecna » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:57 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:46 pm
Vecna wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

Also, I have no idea how im supposed to argue with any of the reasons you keep using to be suspicious of me.

Ill just keep quiet because im townreading you, and hope you somehow start seeing my intentions for what they are.