How's 2020 going?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Matticus13

How's 2020 going?

#1 Post by Matticus13 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:51 am

I see Chaqa broke into Mod-ing. Just a phase?

New England Fire Squad
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: How's 2020 going?

#2 Post by New England Fire Squad » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:10 am

Matticus13 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:51 am
Exhausted and sore all of the time. Factory is pumping out solely medical equipment, and we're short staffed as all hell. Wifey and kittens are good though. Good to see you back bro, hope all is well with you.

Matticus13

#3 Post by Matticus13 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:36 am

New England Fire Squad wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:10 am
Matticus13 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:51 am
Exhausted and sore all of the time. Factory is pumping out solely medical equipment, and we're short staffed as all hell. Wifey and kittens are good though. Good to see you back bro, hope all is well with you.
Hang in there, NEFS. Thanks for the supplies we need!

We are doing OK. Everyone seems to be having a stressful year, but we've (my family) done better than many. Stay safe!

Octavious

#4 Post by Octavious » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:16 am

Quite genuinely it's been a great year. Fantastic weather, had a splurge of theatre trips in the first 3 months that felt ridiculously OTT at the time but turns out to have been timed beautifully, had 10 weeks of minimal work on full pay full of long walks in the sunshine and drinking beer in the garden, finally caught up with all those DIY jobs, and at the moment everything is pretty much normal but without major traffic jams.

I won't claim it's been the best year ever, but it's damned close.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#5 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:19 am

Octavious wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:16 am
Quite genuinely it's been a great year. Fantastic weather, had a splurge of theatre trips in the first 3 months that felt ridiculously OTT at the time but turns out to have been timed beautifully, had 10 weeks of minimal work on full pay full of long walks in the sunshine and drinking beer in the garden, finally caught up with all those DIY jobs, and at the moment everything is pretty much normal but without major traffic jams.

I won't claim it's been the best year ever, but it's damned close.
I like the optimism here! I too have had some great things happening in 2020. I graduated from College and managed to find a job even with coronavirus. The job is really nice, I get paid well to do what I like. I moved to a new city where I've got my own place and now I just have to fill it because I have a bed and thats about it for furniture right now, so thats exciting. I'm getting three new nieces/nephews this year as well.

Octavious

#6 Post by Octavious » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:58 am

:-D Great to hear

My sister's getting married next month which will add to the fun, and Covid-19 has given her a cast iron excuse not to invite certain aunts and uncles who are much better off being kept as far away from family gatherings as possible.

The wildlife has particularly great too. We've had a woodpecker and hedgehog become regular visitors to the garden, and I've never seen so many deer within a few miles walk in my life.

Mrs Oct has been working from home, which she loves, and as I'm supposedly a key worker the lockdown never really applied to me. The beach at Weymouth in the spring sunshine with almost no people was stunning. I'll never see that again.

From a community point of view everyone's just been more chatty and cheerful. Our neighbours are all pretty decent, but even the ones over the road who keep themselves to themselves have been out and about and talking away.

I'd say that so far the only better years have been the 2nd year of university, the year I got married, and when I was 7. I really enjoyed being 7.

Flamebere

#7 Post by Flamebere » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 am

Eh, not bad, some things could be better, but all and all, not bad.