Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Nanook

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#1801 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:52 am
Nanook wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 am
For someone who says they want to generate discussion you seem pretty keen on just being a trolly dick 🤷‍♀️
And if you were town you would have stuck with your original sentiment of not giving a damn if I was voting for you instead of letting it bother you so much you shut down lmao
I didn’t shut down? Like...you voted me without saying anything new, why do you expect me to have something serious to say to that? I genuinely don’t understand your argument here

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1802 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 am

Nanook wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Nanook wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 am
For someone who says they want to generate discussion you seem pretty keen on just being a trolly dick 🤷‍♀️
And if you were town you would have stuck with your original sentiment of not giving a damn if I was voting for you instead of letting it bother you so much you shut down lmao
I didn’t shut down? Like...you voted me without saying anything new, why do you expect me to have something serious to say to that? I genuinely don’t understand your argument here
I made a case against you based on something way too weird to be coincidental and your response was "idk I guess I like 5"

Nanook

#1803 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:56 am

Like this is fucking absurd

We had a conversation

Time passed without addition to that conversation

You voted me without saying anything new

I responded with a joke

You say “nanook is avoiding conversation and a townie would try to engage me in dialogue here”

I don’t understand how you thought that voting me without adding anything new was going to make me suddenly have a bunch of stuff to say to you?? Like dude we had a conversation, you telegraphed your vote, eventually made it, what the fuck am I supposed to start talking to you about here, in your mind?

Nanook

#1804 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 am
Nanook wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:53 am
bo_sox48 wrote:

I made a case against you based on something way too weird to be coincidental and your response was "idk I guess I like 5"
I mean what am I supposed to say to that

“You say you’re the fifth highest poster a lot nanook”

I mean yeah that’s factually true? People have also said I’m a lurker a lot 🤷‍♀️

Nanook

#1805 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:01 am

Like you’re just pointing out neutral facts and putting a narrative on it, you say “this makes you scummy!” literally the only response I’ll ever have is “no you’re wrong” or some form of that, arguing narratives is almost always useless and a waste of time, either you believe it makes me scummy or it doesn’t me saying “no it isn’t scummy” isn’t gonna change anyone’s mind, least of all yours 🤷‍♀️

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1806 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:02 am

Your benchmark for making yourself appear active is 5th highest poster, a point you have made twice. You don't do anything with all of those posts. You're not presenting any information, attempting to do any scumhunting, or giving anyone any reason to think you care to actually solve this game, and you have had nothing but self deprecating excuses for it every time you're called out. You are playing the treading water game, and I'm on your ass for it. That's what this is all about and why I'm voting you and given how much of my time you've wasted by using so much oxygen to say literally nothing I will probably continue to do so.

Nanook

#1807 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:06 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:02 am
Your benchmark for making yourself appear active is 5th highest poster, a point you have made twice. You don't do anything with all of those posts. You're not presenting any information, attempting to do any scumhunting, or giving anyone any reason to think you care to actually solve this game, and you have had nothing but self deprecating excuses for it every time you're called out. You are playing the treading water game, and I'm on your ass for it. That's what this is all about and why I'm voting you and given how much of my time you've wasted by using so much oxygen to say literally nothing I will probably continue to do so.
I mean...ok.

You said most of that or close to it last time we talked too

Was I supposed to ask you to say it again? Idk.

I gave explanations for why I’m not making much of an impact so far this game, you can evaluate them however you want. I can’t do more than attempt to explain myself, which I believe I have done adequately. Like most of what you’re saying...yeah, harsher than I think is maybe fair, but essentially mostly true. It doesn’t make me scum 🤷‍♀️

Nanook

#1808 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:09 am

Basically you can try to figure out my alignment, or you can be a dick that goes “I don’t care if it’s your first game here and we’re all strangers, you should’ve solved it by now and I don’t care about why you haven’t so you can fuck off”

If this is the norm I doubt I’ll be back tbh, I don’t mind being scumread but this is just kinda bordering on mean 🤷‍♀️

BunnyGo

#1809 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:10 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:47 am
Just gonna bring those back for everyone's viewing pleasure. Did you think I wasn't going to notice that lmao
You do realize that after a few levels they are autoremoved, right?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1810 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:11 am

This quote from page 52: "I dislike his play yesterday

Also yeah I’m not gonna be posting during night very often, there’s almost zero chance I get NKed early and my reads aren’t important enough for a legacy anyways, so I don’t think it’s optimal for me to post at night."

Didn't specify what about Demon's play wasn't liked. (pretty ambivalent, which might be a safe strategy for scum).

The self-dismissal, or minimization of contribution, is another flag. We all have a part to play. I'm shit at this during this game, and I'm trying.

First on the Demon wagon. Sole rationale was they didn't like the play.

D1 vote landed on Summit after going Bunny>RDR>Bunny. "Ties are bad." Maybe? Or maybe they're good for hashing out an outcome. Summit was a safe land.

BunnyGo

#1811 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:12 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
To be fair, he does 1 thing with all those posts.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1812 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:15 am

In the unlikely event you're town, what you should be taking away from this is that nobody expects you to get everything, or necessarily even anything, right, but we do expect you try. You're not trying, and your stubborn rationalization for why you don't try has wasted more oxygen in the room than trying and failing a dozen times would have.

In the far more likely event that you're scum, which I evidence by pointing out how schematic and focused your efforts are to do nothing and assist absolutely none in making progress, and which you reject by saying "yeah, it's true that I'm going to great lengths to not try, but I'm not scum," I have no choice but to treat this all as theater. But I do think you're genuinely frustrated, to which I can only say that while I'm not always a nice guy, my vote and voice is only one. While I don't know why anyone would be cutting you any slack right now, you won't have any trouble finding friendlier faces than me among this mafia community here.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1813 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:16 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:10 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Just gonna bring those back for everyone's viewing pleasure. Did you think I wasn't going to notice that lmao
I'm not sure. I went back a few pages to see if there were any other examples of that and didn't see any. But I did acknowledge a post later that phpBB could be doing that and not him. Either way, I want those quotes displayed so long as my case is being referenced.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1814 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:16 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:12 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
To be fair, he does 1 thing with all those posts.
Is the one thing rationalizing doing nothing?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1815 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:17 am

My god....just, stop.

We get it, bo and Nanook. Bo thinks Nanook is posting fluff and deliberately trying to appear active. Nanook states they don't give reads unless they're firm, and being that they're new they can't give firm reads.

Just let the damn thread breathe a bit before I vote the both of you. You're drowning out anyone else.

So many repetitive arguments and circle-jerking here today and hardly anything new. We have 4 people who haven't voted yet. emc is 18 hours away from being mod-killed. Therul has only posted twice, and unconvincingly at that. Temasek has made about 10 damn posts the whole game. Damo, for being the closet thing to a town clear that we have, hasn't done shit all today as far as making a coherent case.

Why not put some pressure on them, while there's still time?

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1816 Post by goldfinger0303 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:18 am

And for gods sake bo, trim those quoted segments of your posts when you can.

Nanook

#1817 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:18 am

Thanks for the advice daddy-o any other words of wisdom for the road?

🙄

BunnyGo

#1818 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:18 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:15 am
In the unlikely event you're town, what you should be taking away from this is that nobody expects you to get everything, or necessarily even anything, right, but we do expect you try. You're not trying, and your stubborn rationalization for why you don't try has wasted more oxygen in the room than trying and failing a dozen times would have.
But don't tryhard. Then they scumread you for tryharding. So try. But not really hard. Like, just pretend to try. Or try badly. Like, don't actually every try to think. Just follow some rote "here's how it's done around here" sort of trying. You know.

BunnyGo

#1819 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:19 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:16 am
BunnyGo wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
I'm not sure. I went back a few pages to see if there were any other examples of that and didn't see any. But I did acknowledge a post later that phpBB could be doing that and not him. Either way, I want those quotes displayed so long as my case is being referenced.
Aren't you like an admin here?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1820 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:19 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:16 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Aren't you like an admin here?
Yup. I'm not familiar with the intricacies of stacked quoting in the forum code.