Mafia 57 Matrix

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mafia 57 Matrix

#1761 Post by bo_sox48 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:03 pm

Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:46 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:26 pm
##VOTE Nanook
BLAND
I would expect anyone who wants to have a genuine conversation to ask why. I had to run for a quick bit in the middle of this but here's the post I just finished writing up.

Something has caught my eye rereading Nanook:

Day 1:
Nanook wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:15 pm
K, going for my nap now. Happy as I can be with my vote rn

5th most posts in the game not bad for a lurker ;)
Day 3:
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:37 am
And like...my low effort is still 5th most posts in the game so meh
Having the 5th most posts at two points in the game isn’t scummy, but using it as a benchmark for not being a lurker/putting in effort absolutely is.

Additionally, mostly just for fun, here are some of the various excuses and/or whataboutisms that he is using to apparently be the 5th highest poster.
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:19 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:09 am
That's a dramatic departure from the narcissist and egomaniac I had you pegged for on D1.

Given that your "usual approach" is not going to be as effective since you don't know any of us, what have you done to adapt your approach?
Yeh I forget sometimes my humor doesn’t translate. When I say stuff like “I’m a professional mafia player” or “git gud” or whatever it’s meant tongue in cheek

(Although technically I think I am a professional!)

Honestly I don’t reallllly have enough time to adapt much, I’m pretty much just trying to keep abreast until we get a scum flip then I can do some vote count stuff, which isn’t particularly good without meta attached but is at least better than throwing darts.

Like right now I can say I think Hellenic Riot is kinda scum, but like...would I bet the game on it?? Probably not, but I like...don’t have a better read so 🤷‍♀️
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:51 am
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:22 am

I could link you to games I guess lolol
Try being useful in this one.

What have you done, in this game, to help town?
Not died yet, that’s something

Otherwise I haven’t done anything objectively useful, then again nobody has so 🤷‍♀️
Nanook wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 pm
Nanook wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:37 pm

Is there a clearer way to say I don’t think it’s optimal? I don’t think it’s good, I think it’s -EV, I do not believe it has a positive effect on the game.
You don't think you should post at night because you don't think your reads are important.

Why?
Why would my reads be important? A) I don’t know any of you, so my reads are mostly of the low confidence variety, and b) even if I had high confidence reads, none of you know me enough to not immediately discard them after I die.
Nanook wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:06 pm
I have no meaningful opinion on him, if I did I would’ve shared it lol

I’m not really in a position to push things, based on newness to the playerlist (both cause it makes me less than certain in my reads and because none of you particularly have reason to trust my accuracy), and time constraints.
Nanook wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:06 am
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:37 am

Dang and I was prepared to scumread you too, oh well win some lose some
Can you do something other than proclaim how good you are without showing us even the slightest semblance of evidence that you are coherent
Not the greatest case ever written but the 5th highest poster thing is just way too weird. I'm getting pretty confident in this one.

TheFlyingBoat

#1762 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:04 pm

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:38 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:13 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:20 am
Oh, and Bunny as a reward for noticing me I'll go back to ##vote emc

I still think after last night's Q&A session emc is scum, but after the flips this morning, I think executing emc today will lead us to scum no matter what.

Option A) emc is scum -> Bunny is scum, HR is probably scum
Option B) emc is Town -> HR is town, Bunny is Town, Theflyingboat is scum

I got to option B by looking at EOD wagons. There were 4 lone wagons at EOD. HR, Chaqa, worcej, and Theflyingboat. Based on games I've played, it's pretty sure one of them is scum. Two we know now were town. HR moved at the last second. I don't think scum would purposely move to lynch a town at the last minute and expose themselves, unless it were to save a scum buddy. Perhaps emc was a super bad role to lose D1, like Encryptor or Security Agent. Worth giving scum reads to goons to save them. I just don't see any other reason why at the last second scum would get off a perfectly safe, explainable vote.

So if emc flips town, I think we have a good two strong town reads, and a very likely scum.

If emc flips scum (which is far more likely imo) we will probably get one or two extra along with it.

The only potential hole in this hypothesis is Temasek.... unfortunately though it's a big hole.
Hi Gold, is there any reason you think I am scum other than I was on a lone wagon EOD 1? I think the explanation I gave Flum when he checked in on me that I simply lost home internet for a day (good ol' Spectrum) is a pretty decent one for why I was stuck on a placeholder vote cast early on in the day.
You've generally been lurking, and almost all of our lurkers are now dead. It's a bit of POE.

If you could've been online and changed your vote, who would you have voted for and when?
At the time BunnyGo or emc probably. I thought some of his explanations I had seen prior to not having internet didn't make any sense and would lead town down the wrong road as mentioned previously and emc I just felt weird about which would have been enough to join the bigger wagon if I had to but it was pure gut with nothing else to back it. With the conclusion of the world seeming to be that both are either scum or both are town I'm inclined to lean both scum but both of them are very weak scum tags.

BunnyGo

#1763 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:48 pm

@fox. None of your analysis included the virus shot. That’s the extra piece you’re missing. If Damo is lying, the virus would have to also be actively working against town.

BunnyGo

#1764 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Also, fox, your analysis that I sound like my scum self is really just a statement that I can mimic this as scum and think out loud at yous as Town.

Anyways. I think you’re either willfully tunneling at this point or so tilted you can’t stop, read, and think about the things I’ve said.

damo666

#1765 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:47 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:54 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:49 pm
I think we should daykill a D1 Flash voter.

The chances of the top 2 wagons (both town) have collectively 9 town voters is pretty minimal imo. There are 6 left alive. The fact that I am alive persuades me to concentrate on the Flash voters rather than rdr and Bismarck.

I urge you to follow suit.
What do you mean "top 2 wagons". Near as I can see there are two wagons tied for second.

How does your continued existence in this mortal coil make you think rdr and Bismarck are both town?
D1 wabbit

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1766 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:05 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:50 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Just like to point out to you, *I* explicitly "saved' damo both pre-EOD1 and in my explanation post-EOD1.
What point are you trying to make here Bunny? Am I missing something?
Rdr apparently scum reads me for my movement at EOD. And also think our PR was saved. But doesn’t put the two together.
I am having serious problems to communicate with you Bunny. Not sure if it's me or you. I will try with simple phrases.

I never said I thought a PR was saved.
I thought Damo could have been saved after EOD1 when I still scumread him.
I think you saved emc, which is null to me, you could have made that move either to save scum emc or to set a myslynch on him later.
My scumread on you is not based on EOD1, but on you distorting things and playing in a chaotic way.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1767 Post by ghug » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:15 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:27 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:50 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:45 pm
Ended up with a busy weekend, going hiking now, but will be around later today.
Enjoy the hike.
Thank you, I did. And now...

1. Okay, so I see that overnight was pretty much the BunnyGo Show follow by Late Night With Nanook...

2. Damo is not mechanically cleared, not even close. Why do people (Nanook, Bunny) think this? My townread on him is because I don't think scum would do that kind of stunt in general, but specifically because no one has countered his claim. Given he was a D1 wagon, it is possible he is a scum goon and decided to get a mis-flip and to force PRs to CC him before he went out, and now that it's just really working out for him so far. But if that's the case, then the actual PRs know he's scum and are just playing it cool. We should follow their lead. (I see now Bunny caught up on this...)
Nanook wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:31 am
Damo’s literally never scum he’d have to be insane and/or the stupidest mafia player I’ve ever seen, you never go one for one as mafia for a VT on D2. You just don’t.
I think Damo could, actually, if he thought he was surely doomed for the flip on D2. But I also don't think he was actually doomed to be the flip, so...

3. Hellenic Riot makes some good points and pressure on Nanook.

4. Tom has seemed townie to me, but now I'm less sure from what I've seen so far today.

5. BunnyGo's post 1544 (Drunk Bunny worrying about being dumb) is strikingly similar to how he posted in the game he was scum. Invoking a Bozo-style list seems like fake effort. Then when ghug calls him on it, turns around and starts questioning ghug on theory—that looks to me like he's just trying to keep talking.

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:53 pm
So you guys don't think *any* scum were on lone wagons at end of D1? Has meta changed that much?
At this point, that's only TheFlyingBoat... So whether anyone thinks that is probably dependent on whether they think he's scum or not.

6. It's halfway through D3 and we only have 13 votes. We'll get no information from Day 2, so we need wagons and movement today. ##VOTE BUNNY
Fox wasting more words throwing shade at damo that isn't going to lead to any action right now than anything else he says. Then votes Bunny, who was popular at night and has since spent the day obvtowning harder than anyone. #scum

Nanook

#1768 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:26 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:03 pm
Nanook wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:26 pm
##VOTE Nanook
BLAND
I would expect anyone who wants to have a genuine conversation to ask why. I had to run for a quick bit in the middle of this but here's the post I just finished writing up.

Day 1:
Nanook wrote:

Day 3:
Nanook wrote:
Having the 5th most posts at two points in the game isn’t scummy, but using it as a benchmark for not being a lurker/putting in effort absolutely is.

Additionally, mostly just for fun, here are some of the various excuses and/or whataboutisms that he is using to apparently be the 5th highest poster.
Nanook wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:09 am
That's a dramatic departure from the narcissist and egomaniac I had you pegged for on D1.

Given that your "usual approach" is not going to be as effective since you don't know any of us, what have you done to adapt your approach?
Yeh I forget sometimes my humor doesn’t translate. When I say stuff like “I’m a professional mafia player” or “git gud” or whatever it’s meant tongue in cheek

Honestly I don’t reallllly have enough time to adapt much, I’m pretty much just trying to keep abreast until we get a scum flip then I can do some vote count stuff, which isn’t particularly good without meta attached but is at least better than throwing darts.

Like right now I can say I think Hellenic Riot is kinda scum, but like...would I bet the game on it?? Probably not, but I like...don’t have a better read so 🤷‍♀️
Nanook wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:51 am

Try being useful in this one.

What have you done, in this game, to help town?

Otherwise I haven’t done anything objectively useful, then again nobody has so 🤷‍♀️
Nanook wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 pm

You don't think you should post at night because you don't think your reads are important.

Why?
Why would my reads be important? A) I don’t know any of you, so my reads are mostly of the low confidence variety, and b) even if I had high confidence reads, none of you know me enough to not immediately discard them after I die.
Nanook wrote:

I’m not really in a position to push things, based on newness to the playerlist (both cause it makes me less than certain in my reads and because none of you particularly have reason to trust my accuracy), and time constraints.
Nanook wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:06 am

Can you do something other than proclaim how good you are without showing us even the slightest semblance of evidence that you are coherent
Not the greatest case ever written but the 5th highest poster thing is just way too weird. I'm getting pretty confident in this one.
I mean what “genuine conversation” am I supposed to have with a naked vote for me, what even is that thought? Also, like...we already talked. He votes me without adding anything. How is that something you see and go “yes nanook should be responding to this clear intent to discuss.”

Gtfo here

Nanook

#1769 Post by Nanook » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 am

I know it’s a little weird I referred to you as he when talking directly to you but that’s only because I thought bunny wrote that post at first

Foxcastle

#1770 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:48 pm
@fox. None of your analysis included the virus shot. That’s the extra piece you’re missing. If Damo is lying, the virus would have to also be actively working against town.
Yes, and since I think the virus would probably work with the ship, even more reason that Damo is almost certainly town. But not mechanically.

Foxcastle

#1771 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:29 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:15 am
Fox wasting more words throwing shade at damo that isn't going to lead to any action right now than anything else he says. Then votes Bunny, who was popular at night and has since spent the day obvtowning harder than anyone. #scum
I can hardly be shading Damo while I'm pointing out how he can't be shaded.

Bunny mostly fluff as far as I can tell, and he was pretty obvtown the last game he rolled scum, too.

BunnyGo

#1772 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:46 am

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:47 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:54 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:49 pm
I think we should daykill a D1 Flash voter.

The chances of the top 2 wagons (both town) have collectively 9 town voters is pretty minimal imo. There are 6 left alive. The fact that I am alive persuades me to concentrate on the Flash voters rather than rdr and Bismarck.

I urge you to follow suit.
What do you mean "top 2 wagons". Near as I can see there are two wagons tied for second.

How does your continued existence in this mortal coil make you think rdr and Bismarck are both town?
D1 wabbit
I'm looking at the bot.

Flash had 5,
You had 4
EMC had 4

BunnyGo

#1773 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:48 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:05 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:50 pm

What point are you trying to make here Bunny? Am I missing something?
Rdr apparently scum reads me for my movement at EOD. And also think our PR was saved. But doesn’t put the two together.
I am having serious problems to communicate with you Bunny. Not sure if it's me or you. I will try with simple phrases.

I never said I thought a PR was saved.
I thought Damo could have been saved after EOD1 when I still scumread him.
I think you saved emc, which is null to me, you could have made that move either to save scum emc or to set a myslynch on him later.
My scumread on you is not based on EOD1, but on you distorting things and playing in a chaotic way.
AH! That does make sense.

Cool. I agree your logic and reasoning seem sound enough. Your conclusion is wrong, but I get it.

Now go find someone better to move your vote to when you realize I'm not going to be a viable wagon today. That'll be more productive time spent for you (and I need to do the same for my vote).

BunnyGo

#1774 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Yes, and since I think the virus would probably work with the ship, even more reason that Damo is almost certainly town. But not mechanically.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hou0lU8WMgo

God...between this and ghug's post above summarizing what you're doing. I still hope you're town, but it's your turn to set me on tilt. Congratulations.

BunnyGo

#1775 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 am

Wait...did Fox just say he's *fearvoting* me?! Because I can sound the same as scum as when I'm actually scum hunting?

YES!! That's the best stupid reason to be voted for!

Now I give you the same advice I just gave rdr.

Foxcastle

#1776 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:00 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 am
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 am
BunnyGo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hou0lU8WMgo

God...between this and ghug's post above summarizing what you're doing. I still hope you're town, but it's your turn to set me on tilt. Congratulations.
Technically correct is definitely the best kind of correct. And it's actually an important distinction.

Foxcastle

#1777 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:01 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 am
Wait...did Fox just say he's *fearvoting* me?! Because I can sound the same as scum as when I'm actually scum hunting?

YES!! That's the best stupid reason to be voted for!

Now I give you the same advice I just gave rdr.
:eyeroll:

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1778 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:20 am

It sounds like ghug is pretty clear on wanting to wagon Foxcastle. I wish Foxcastle had a stronger rebuttal than an emoji. I'm drawing null on their read, and I get not wanting to go hard and heavy on a self-defense when wagoned. I appreciated their post on page 88.

Still digging, but the Hellenic does not equal Nanook, based on Foxcastle's opinion of their exchange does suggest one of the two are dirty.

Y'all probably gathered that then disposed of it as you felt fit.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1779 Post by bo_sox48 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:20 am

Nanook wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:26 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:03 pm
Nanook wrote:

BLAND

Day 1:
Nanook wrote:

Day 3:
Nanook wrote:

Nanook wrote:

Nanook wrote:

Nanook wrote:

Nanook wrote:

Nanook wrote:

I mean what “genuine conversation” am I supposed to have with a naked vote for me, what even is that thought? Also, like...we already talked. He votes me without adding anything. How is that something you see and go “yes nanook should be responding to this clear intent to discuss.”

Gtfo here
I don't know what a naked vote is, but there's clearly discussion to be had. I don't know how to make that any more clear to you than I already have. You could also choose to address what is driving my feeling toward you - what is with your obsession with being the 5th highest poster?

BunnyGo

#1780 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:24 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:20 am
It sounds like ghug is pretty clear on wanting to wagon Foxcastle. I wish Foxcastle had a stronger rebuttal than an emoji. I'm drawing null on their read, and I get not wanting to go hard and heavy on a self-defense when wagoned. I appreciated their post on page 88.

Still digging, but the Hellenic does not equal Nanook, based on Foxcastle's opinion of their exchange does suggest one of the two are dirty.

Y'all probably gathered that then disposed of it as you felt fit.
I've read this thrice now, and not only do I have trouble gleaning your thoughts; I'm concerned you may be a neural net that has been successfully passing the Turing Test until now.