Forum Public Press Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
e.m.c^42

Re: Forum Public Press Game Thread

#141 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am

Claesar wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:29 pm
I've readied my orders, as it doesn't seem like more people want to talk to me.
Thoughts on French-Italian relations? Is there any trust in gold's claimed Piedmonting

e.m.c^42

#142 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:10 pm
The Minister of Silly Walks wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:11 pm
France, are we doing a DMZ or a bounce in the EC?

With most silly regards,
The Minister of Silly Walks of the United Kingdom
Let's play it safe and bounce there. I don't trust the multiple impersonators
:laughs in triple bounce:

But alright.

Czar Tem-suke, have you thoughts about the English and the Germans?

e.m.c^42

#143 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:59 am

The English is tired of being the English and shall promptly vacation back to warmer lands.

Goldfin, any chances of this poor guy serenading you successfully at considering a non-Lepanto?

e.m.c^42

#144 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:01 am

Oh my god, I see a chipotle username, it must be Chaq's spirit account

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#145 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:55 am

It's not claimed Piedmonting. I will be going to Piedmont.

Austria if you are having second thoughts moving to Albania is fine, so long as it kicks to Ionian in the fall.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#146 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:58 am

e.m.c, I think we have a very different pov on what public press games are.

They're gunboat games with obfuscation allowed, and better coordination to stop a solo.

If I thought about doing something other than a Lepanto, that would inevitably mean attacking Austria or France. I will not advertise ahead of time that I am going to attack Austria or France. Hence, requesting my thoughts on it is a futile task.

Lay it out, make the case. And just keep pumping it out there. Your success will be judged on by what the moves actually end up being, not by what I say.

TheFlyingBoat

#147 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:00 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:55 am

Austria if you are having second thoughts moving to Albania is fine, so long as it kicks to Ionian in the fall.
Must strongly disagree, goldfinger is clearly Turkey and wants the balkans for himself. Send Vie-Gal, Tri-Alb, and Bud-Ser and then support yourself into Greece and do whatever you feel necessary with army Vienna after the bounce.

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#148 Post by goldfinger0303 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:36 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:00 am
goldfinger0303 wrote:

Must strongly disagree, goldfinger is clearly Turkey and wants the balkans for himself. Send Vie-Gal, Tri-Alb, and Bud-Ser and then support yourself into Greece and do whatever you feel necessary with army Vienna after the bounce.
No, please do not go Vie-Gal. The focus here is on Turkey. We want to co-opt Russia to our cause if possible, not anger them

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#149 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:45 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:

I hope you are telling the truth about being Italy and going to Piedmont, because I really dont want to go to Piedmont and then not be able take Spain because of my bounce in EC. I need Marseilles to be able to take a SC in 01.

Claesar

#150 Post by Claesar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:30 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote: Must strongly disagree, goldfinger is clearly Turkey and wants the balkans for himself. Send Vie-Gal, Tri-Alb, and Bud-Ser and then support yourself into Greece and do whatever you feel necessary with army Vienna after the bounce.
I do not appreciate this lack of respect! Gal is one of the proclaimed DMZs. Didn't I warn you already before?

I will reread in a few hours. You're threading thin ice here.

TheFlyingBoat

#151 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:21 am

Claesar wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:30 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote: Must strongly disagree, goldfinger is clearly Turkey and wants the balkans for himself. Send Vie-Gal, Tri-Alb, and Bud-Ser and then support yourself into Greece and do whatever you feel necessary with army Vienna after the bounce.
I do not appreciate this lack of respect! Gal is one of the proclaimed DMZs. Didn't I warn you already before?

Austria DMZing Gal is a surefire way for Austria to get murdered by Russia.

ItsHosuke

#152 Post by ItsHosuke » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:02 am

I am actually not Russia, I only claimed it because I mistakenly read one of Cleasar's messages as sent by gold, and proceeded to try and bait him.

Basically out of Cleasar's proclaimed DMZs, most are unaccessible by any country in S1901, a couple only by 1 and are rarely entered anyway, and Sil and Gal (where the only connection is that both border Warsaw-a Russian SC)

Meanwhile gold claiming Italy and asking Austria to go Blue Water Lepanto, which is in no way more pro-Italian than pro-Russian, made me think that Russia was trying to influence the board. Alas, I was wrong.

Interestingly Temy tried to counter-claim me, which doesn't really make sense. I suspect he isn't in this game and is just here for banter.

ItsHosuke

#153 Post by ItsHosuke » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:04 am

Claesar wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:30 am

WHY the strong stance on Galicia? Are you Russia planning to open north? Austria going for the Trieste variant of the Balkan gambit/Blue Water Lepanto?

ItsHosuke

#154 Post by ItsHosuke » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:05 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 am
Squigs44 wrote:

With most silly regards,

But alright.

Not czar, but England is a whole goddamn mess.

Claesar

#155 Post by Claesar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:21 am
In Gunboat, yes. Not in a Press game, such as this one. I will try to refrain from commenting on your posts until you acknowledge you've read my previous post that explained this.
ItsHosuke wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:04 am
WHY the strong stance on Galicia? Are you Russia planning to open north? Austria going for the Trieste variant of the Balkan gambit/Blue Water Lepanto?
I'm taking a strong stance on all my proclaimed DMZs. Others are focussing on Galicia. It's you perogative to draw conclusions from it though. Maybe you're right, and I am Russia or Austria.

Claesar

#156 Post by Claesar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:44 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am
Thoughts on French-Italian relations? Is there any trust in gold's claimed Piedmonting
It's a bold claim. If Italy moves to Piedmont indeed, he gains a lot of trust in terms of actually being Italy. If Ita doesn't however, Goldie is instantly outed.

My play as France is to always try to discourage Ita from opening to Piedmont, since that's obviously bad for you. If I suspect Ita will open to Pie, I would not go there as the outcome is too horrible if you misguess. If Ita is being public about going to Piedmont, I definitely wouldn't go there as Fra!

In the end, an Italian army in Pie is easy enough to manage as Fra unless you open like a lunatic.

TheFlyingBoat

#157 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:34 am

Claesar wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:21 am
In Gunboat, yes. Not in a Press game, such as this one. I will try to refrain from commenting on your posts until you acknowledge you've read my previous post that explained this.
Yes, in full press it is not suicide, but trying to conflate a public press with full press for the Austrian is pretty questionable, especially when this public press isn't limited to countries talking as themselves, but rather allows any individual to masquerade as any country. Early moves should be treated almost entirely as a gunboat game if you don't have an incredible defensive position. If you do, you can move more in a full press direction, especially as time moves on.
Claesar wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 am
ItsHosuke wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:04 am
I'm taking a strong stance on all my proclaimed DMZs. Others are focussing on Galicia. It's you perogative to draw conclusions from it though. Maybe you're right, and I am Russia or Austria.
You're almost certainly Russia, assuming you are even in the game.

Claesar

#158 Post by Claesar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:57 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:34 am
Yes, in full press it is not suicide, but trying to conflate a public press with full press for the Austrian is pretty questionable, especially when this public press isn't limited to countries talking as themselves, but rather allows any individual to masquerade as any country. Early moves should be treated almost entirely as a gunboat game if you don't have an incredible defensive position. If you do, you can move more in a full press direction, especially as time moves on.
I strongly disagree. You're neglecting tools at hand. This is public press unless you're too stubborn to handle that.

Besides, why are you negotiating for Austria and Russia when you're clearly neither? It's because you think a bounce in Gal is favourable for anyone other than Russia and Austria (which is true). With a DMZ, those units are free to do something more useful.
If I'm Russia, you will see Russia not moving to Galicia this turn.

Temasek22

#159 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:27 am

ItsHosuke wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:02 am
Interestingly Temy tried to counter-claim me, which doesn't really make sense. I suspect he isn't in this game and is just here for banter.
Says the one who didn't participate in the Interest Thread and has a RR lower than the requirement. (Maybe you very recently NMRed, which is possible, but you weren't in the Interest Thread either and the country you claimed is one of the only not claimed at that point)
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:34 am
Reading his press, I'd assume the same. But the fact I'm the actual Russia makes why he's doing what he's doing questionable.
Claesar wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:57 am
If I'm Russia, you will see Russia not moving to Galicia this turn.
I'm more and more tempted to move to Galicia with every post. I'm almost certain MOSW (or whoever Austria actually is) will move to Galicia, not bouncing is foolish.

Temasek22

#160 Post by Temasek22 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:31 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 am
Squigs44 wrote:

With most silly regards,

But alright.

I actually agree with the fake Czar for once, England is a total mess.

Germany seems cool, and if he lets me in Sweden he is instantly a lot more cooler.