M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: M1011 - Revenge of the Space Mutants - Game Thread

#1041 Post by damo666 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:40 am

Since it is mylo, I think it would be a good idea for everyone to give their best guess at the entire scum team.

bozo: damo, Chaqa, Tom
damo: bozo, Chaqa, bunny

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1042 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat May 23, 2020 11:15 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:16 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 am
Did you not see acknowledged that I didn't understand it was a joke? I said that I believed it was in xorxes character to make a dry joke I'm not sure how you could possibly think I was agreeing with Chaqa that he didn't believe it was a joke.

You must have missed that in all the posts where I was defending xorxes, who you said I was pocketing, and yet now are saying that I was with Chaqa shading xorx.

This is frustrating. You are trying to find any reason to scumread me instead of actually looking at the facts and coming to a conclusion. You are starting with the conclusion that I must be scum and are fabricating evidence to get you there.
I was really pointing out that it looked suspicious Chaqa would not acknowledge it was a joke, but I did also point out that your first response was to agree with him:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 pm
Yeah, even I find it strange that xorx continues to think kgray played as scum. Wtf is going on?
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 pm
Also, I believe it was a joke now. That doesn’t seem atypical for xorxes to post a dry joke with no indication
When you said that you "believe it was a joke now", it indicated that there was a time you did not think it was a joke. The "even I find it strange" part of the first post shows that you were generally defending xorxes. How is the first post not consistent with not think it was a joke, as Chaqa did?
Once someone said it was obviously I joke, I realized it was a joke. Chaqa maintained throughout that he didn’t believe it was a joke. How are you not understanding this?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1043 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat May 23, 2020 11:19 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:53 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:07 am
To put that into context, it was like my third or fourth game playing mafia, and the first and only time I had been mafia. I was an ideal deep threat. We talked about it in the scumchat.

Nowadays I get killed early, so I'm much less ideal. So yes, it would stand to make way more sense for other scum to bus me.
I would like to point this out again since Tom ignored my response to it. Tom explained his bussing D1 in M29 as something decided in scum chat, which was not open until N1.
Yes? This is true.

Jamiet99uk

#1044 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 23, 2020 11:20 am

VOTE COUNT 3.1

damo666(4) - worcej, Chaqa, Tom Bombadil, foodcoats
Chaqa(2) - damo666, Vecna
Tom Bombadil(1) - bozotheclown
Vecna(1) - BunnyGo

Currently DAMO is set for lynch.

You have 33 hours and 40 minutes in Day Three.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1045 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat May 23, 2020 11:25 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:11 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:55 pm
This Neph wagon doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Particularily coming to a conclusion that his lack of vote was scummy D1. If anything, the only scenario where scum!Neph doesn't break the tie there is if it was scum vs scum. Everybody would understand a player breaking a tie.

Its also totally in character for Neph to forget about a deadline like that - or have a lazy D1.

I think damo is still the best lynch. Decent chance of hitting scum and allows us to understand D1 better.
I do not think the part about what is in character for Nephthys is accurate. What games were you basing this assessment on?
I don’t know bozo. I’m not going to look back and figure out what games I played or GM’d with Neph to explain why I think he can be lazy in the early game. I’ll let you do that.

foodcoats

#1046 Post by foodcoats » Sat May 23, 2020 11:56 am

A couple thoughts...

I don't think damo and Tom are likely to be scum together, as that would be early, hard, and to-the-edge bussing of damo by Tom. Possible, but not very likely. Tom's iso caught my eye yesterday because of how blendy it is, and I - tunneled as I was - folded this into my xorxes-summit scumteam. I wouldn't want to lynch Tom without better POE.

kgray came to mind a few times yesterday as I was developing my POE, and I specifically reminded myself, "Well, kgray can't be scum with xorxes [because of the disagreement over xorxes misremembering her games], so surely she is town." Knowing now that xorxes was town, one of the things that was very strange about kgray yesterday was that she specifically said she scumread both D1 wagons, but didn't want to get on either wagon until the very end, pushing hard on Neph instead. This is a bit tinfoily, but it makes it possible that damo is also town and kgray is scum. Basically, instead of driving likely lynches, you open up a new line of inquiry, and then come around to the wagons to avoid being overly implicated in a mislynch.

I'm rereading Chaqa and still getting townie vibes from him. But if Chaqa is scum, then at least one of damo, emc/Vecna, or Nephthys/BunnyGo is scum, because Chaqa loves to bus. If Chaqa is scum, I think it does point to damo being scum based on Chaqa's D1 votes.

Knowing now that xorxes was town, it is actually quite feasible that Nephthys/BunnyGo is scum after all. Nephthys popped his head up, was pleased to see xorxes in the lead wagon, and saw no need to vote.

I don't think we can read into damo self-saving. worcej will disagree about the strategic value of it, but I would do the same thing. (I am bad at the game, obviously.) However, the fact that damo chose to remain on a vanity wagon when he was last-known-active and then rushed to cover once rdr and summit, who we now know are town, moved to save xorxes… that looks very bad, simply because I don't think it made sense for any townie to stay on a vanity wagon like that in a minigame.

bozo... I am just not seeing anything that I can read scumminess into. I also recall a couple of games ago bozo really nailing me when I was scum, and I actually told myself, "you should listen to bozo when you're town." I will accordingly try to listen to bozo.

I think the scum team is probably damo… Nephthys/BunnyGo… and I guess kgray being the powerwolf.

foodcoats

#1047 Post by foodcoats » Sat May 23, 2020 11:58 am

Just rereading what I wrote and not sure if kgray makes sense with damo. But then, I'm not sure I see a really logical 3rd. Unless it is Chaqa. That actually fits better - Chaqa is probably fooling me.

So it's probably damo, Nepthys/BunnyGo, and Chaqa.

I think lynching damo remains the right thing. If we're wrong I feel like we're going to end up lynching him later anyway and still lose, because there are so many POEs where we ends up being scum.

foodcoats

#1048 Post by foodcoats » Sat May 23, 2020 11:59 am

foodcoats: damo, BunnyGo, Chaqa

BunnyGo

#1049 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 23, 2020 12:48 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:56 am
A couple thoughts...

I don't think damo and Tom are likely to be scum together, as that would be early, hard, and to-the-edge bussing of damo by Tom. Possible, but not very likely. Tom's iso caught my eye yesterday because of how blendy it is, and I - tunneled as I was - folded this into my xorxes-summit scumteam. I wouldn't want to lynch Tom without better POE.

kgray came to mind a few times yesterday as I was developing my POE, and I specifically reminded myself, "Well, kgray can't be scum with xorxes [because of the disagreement over xorxes misremembering her games], so surely she is town." Knowing now that xorxes was town, one of the things that was very strange about kgray yesterday was that she specifically said she scumread both D1 wagons, but didn't want to get on either wagon until the very end, pushing hard on Neph instead. This is a bit tinfoily, but it makes it possible that damo is also town and kgray is scum. Basically, instead of driving likely lynches, you open up a new line of inquiry, and then come around to the wagons to avoid being overly implicated in a mislynch.

I'm rereading Chaqa and still getting townie vibes from him. But if Chaqa is scum, then at least one of damo, emc/Vecna, or Nephthys/BunnyGo is scum, because Chaqa loves to bus. If Chaqa is scum, I think it does point to damo being scum based on Chaqa's D1 votes.

Knowing now that xorxes was town, it is actually quite feasible that Nephthys/BunnyGo is scum after all. Nephthys popped his head up, was pleased to see xorxes in the lead wagon, and saw no need to vote.

I don't think we can read into damo self-saving. worcej will disagree about the strategic value of it, but I would do the same thing. (I am bad at the game, obviously.) However, the fact that damo chose to remain on a vanity wagon when he was last-known-active and then rushed to cover once rdr and summit, who we now know are town, moved to save xorxes… that looks very bad, simply because I don't think it made sense for any townie to stay on a vanity wagon like that in a minigame.

bozo... I am just not seeing anything that I can read scumminess into. I also recall a couple of games ago bozo really nailing me when I was scum, and I actually told myself, "you should listen to bozo when you're town." I will accordingly try to listen to bozo.

I think the scum team is probably damo… Nephthys/BunnyGo… and I guess kgray being the powerwolf.
That would mean my first post here was to bus her. That is my style I guess, but with day chat they'd talk me out of it and as my previous scumbuddies know I tend to defer to their strategic plans.

BunnyGo

#1050 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 23, 2020 1:01 pm

BunnyGo: :-? , :shock: , :banned: , :cd:

But seriously: foodcoats point of every clearing damo being hard so that if we're going to doubt him every single day of lylo/mylo we might as well rip the bandaid off. This makes sense.

kgray is not playing like herself.

Where the f*$0 is Vecna?

Vecna

#1051 Post by Vecna » Sat May 23, 2020 2:17 pm

Had a BBQ and boozefest last night, will catch up on the last 24h soon.

Remaining scum is Chaqa, Tom, Nephtys

Vecna

#1052 Post by Vecna » Sat May 23, 2020 2:19 pm

I guess its possible ive been misreading Bozo or Kgray, but it seems far more unlikely than the above being the solve

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1053 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm

I still don't understand the scumread of Neph. He barely posted D1, missed the deadline - posted little D2 and subbed out. POE makes him plausible, but I don't understand people genuinely scumreading him.

It's like the people who believe he deliberately missed the deadline haven't considered that his subbing out brings credence to the fact that he may have genuinely missed the deadline.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1054 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Looking back on D1 under the assumption damo is scum (because if he is town we are about to lose anyway).

I've expressed my paranoia that kgray is scum and bussed, because otherwise the entire damo wagon was town.

That being said, I don't think kgray is scum. She voted damo, but at the same time scumread xorx, and probably even posted more about xorx D1. She was also online at the deadline. She could have easily voted xorx at the end to avoid potential ties, as xorx was someone she also scumread.

Probably town after all. Which means everyone on damo was town. And I find it hard to believe all scum were on the same wagon if it was town v town. So either damo is scum, or scum weren't around (Chaqa/Neph)

BunnyGo

#1055 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm
I still don't understand the scumread of Neph. He barely posted D1, missed the deadline - posted little D2 and subbed out. POE makes him plausible, but I don't understand people genuinely scumreading him.

It's like the people who believe he deliberately missed the deadline haven't considered that his subbing out brings credence to the fact that he may have genuinely missed the deadline.
I dunno Tom, that’s not Neph’s standard MO. Maybe he is scummy? ##VOTE NEPH

bozotheclown

#1056 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 4:24 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:15 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:16 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:55 am
Did you not see acknowledged that I didn't understand it was a joke? I said that I believed it was in xorxes character to make a dry joke I'm not sure how you could possibly think I was agreeing with Chaqa that he didn't believe it was a joke.

You must have missed that in all the posts where I was defending xorxes, who you said I was pocketing, and yet now are saying that I was with Chaqa shading xorx.

This is frustrating. You are trying to find any reason to scumread me instead of actually looking at the facts and coming to a conclusion. You are starting with the conclusion that I must be scum and are fabricating evidence to get you there.
I was really pointing out that it looked suspicious Chaqa would not acknowledge it was a joke, but I did also point out that your first response was to agree with him:
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 pm
Yeah, even I find it strange that xorx continues to think kgray played as scum. Wtf is going on?
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:18 pm
Also, I believe it was a joke now. That doesn’t seem atypical for xorxes to post a dry joke with no indication
When you said that you "believe it was a joke now", it indicated that there was a time you did not think it was a joke. The "even I find it strange" part of the first post shows that you were generally defending xorxes. How is the first post not consistent with not think it was a joke, as Chaqa did?
Once someone said it was obviously I joke, I realized it was a joke. Chaqa maintained throughout that he didn’t believe it was a joke. How are you not understanding this?
What makes you think I do not understand that? I quoted your posts where you first took xorxes seriously, then acknowledged it was a joke.

bozotheclown

#1057 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:25 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:11 am
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:55 pm
This Neph wagon doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Particularily coming to a conclusion that his lack of vote was scummy D1. If anything, the only scenario where scum!Neph doesn't break the tie there is if it was scum vs scum. Everybody would understand a player breaking a tie.

Its also totally in character for Neph to forget about a deadline like that - or have a lazy D1.

I think damo is still the best lynch. Decent chance of hitting scum and allows us to understand D1 better.
I do not think the part about what is in character for Nephthys is accurate. What games were you basing this assessment on?
I don’t know bozo. I’m not going to look back and figure out what games I played or GM’d with Neph to explain why I think he can be lazy in the early game. I’ll let you do that.
I reviewed his past games and could not find any game to support your assessment of Nephthys. That makes your assessment sound like a fabrication, unless you can give some supporting reason.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1058 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat May 23, 2020 4:27 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:06 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Being aloof is kind of his MO. And he subbed out - doesn't that partially explain why he wasn't active? Not sure why is inactivity around the deadline is scummy, when the other explanation is that he was busy - an explanation clearly backed up by his asking to be subbed out.

bozotheclown

#1059 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 23, 2020 4:30 pm

scum team predictions:

Vecna: Chaqa, Tom, BunnyGo

BunnyGo

#1060 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:27 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:06 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:

Being aloof is kind of his MO. And he subbed out - doesn't that partially explain why he wasn't active? Not sure why is inactivity around the deadline is scummy, when the other explanation is that he was busy - an explanation clearly backed up by his asking to be subbed out.
Hmm. Maybe my humor is too highbrow for Tom...