It's Okay To Be White

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
CroakandDagger

Re: It's Okay To Be White

#81 Post by CroakandDagger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:33 pm

He's not wrong, though.

People are afraid to post in this environment, and that harms honest discussion.

(Minor point of order, though, I am genuinely a middle-of-the-road, left leaning libertarian centrist.)

President Eden

#82 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:37 pm

jmo1121109 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:22 pm
Eden I know you love to hear yourself talk but honestly you just look like a moron defending 2 racist posts made by someone warned against racism before. Just stop.
Fuck you

StevenC.
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#83 Post by StevenC. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:42 pm

jmo1121109 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:22 pm
Eden I know you love to hear yourself talk but honestly you just look like a moron defending 2 racist posts made by someone warned against racism before. Just stop.
@PE,

You cannot reason with progressives who can spin things quite like this. Like this quoted comment, for example.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#84 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Kingdroid

#85 Post by Kingdroid » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:02 pm

CroakandDagger wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:33 pm
He's not wrong, though.

People are afraid to post in this environment, and that harms honest discussion.

(Minor point of order, though, I am genuinely a middle-of-the-road, left leaning libertarian centrist.)
idk man, it seems p straightforward. Just don't be racist?

CroakandDagger

#86 Post by CroakandDagger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Have you stopped beating your wife yet, Kingdroid?

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#87 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 pm

CroakandDagger wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm
Wtf?

President Eden

#88 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:16 pm

CroakandDagger wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm
It’s sad how lost this will be on posters ITT.

Durga

#89 Post by Durga » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:49 pm

Ohhh I've pissed off Eden!! I'll need a tldr but I can probably just say that you're wrong and everything ever is interpreted. And this interpretation is quite simple, I don't really understand why you guys are crying about it - if this isn't what Leon meant, he can just clarify it to the mods.

Kingdroid

#90 Post by Kingdroid » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:52 pm

lmao

President Eden

#91 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:16 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:49 pm
Ohhh I've pissed off Eden!! I'll need a tldr but I can probably just say that you're wrong and everything ever is interpreted. And this interpretation is quite simple, I don't really understand why you guys are crying about it - if this isn't what Leon meant, he can just clarify it to the mods.
Either they silenced him without discussing the matter with him first, or they didn't.
If they talked to him first, then presumably he's already had a chance to state his case, and it obviously wasn't good enough -- fake offense about imagined racism is sufficient to get people silenced on here now, no matter what you actually meant or whether there was a more charitable interpretation of what you said.
If they didn't talk to him first, then he was silenced because of fake offense about imagined racism without having a chance to explain himself.
Either way, this is terrible precedent.

I know you are smart enough to see this -- I know most of the people who hold your position are smart enough to see this. Why pretend otherwise?

peterwiggin
Site Admin
Site Admin

#92 Post by peterwiggin » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:16 pm

CroakandDagger wrote:
He's not wrong, though.

I'm 110% ok with people being afraid to post racist ideas on the forum.

jmo1121109

#93 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Typical Eden reactions to every mod action ever can be found below:

Person 1: Your play as Italy sucked in that game.

Person 2: You stupid piece of shit, you're a worthless stain on the earth who can't play this game to save your life. Would you like to know what sound the human brain makes when bashed in by a hammer?

Mods: Person 2 is silenced for personal threats

Eden: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! Person 2 is just a nice normal guy trying to discuss normal hammer sounds completely independently of his game analysis. Y'all are destroying this site targeting lovely people who enjoy hammer on brain sounds. And I don't care if I'm the only person out of thousands who think this is wrong, I know I'm right cause (10 more pages here).

President Eden

#94 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:38 pm

If you’re not interested in talking to me then get my name outta your mouth and fuck right off. You are adding absolutely nothing to this conversation.

President Eden

#95 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:39 pm

peterwiggin wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:16 pm
CroakandDagger wrote:
He's not wrong, though.

I'm 110% ok with people being afraid to post racist ideas on the forum.
More of the same.
Y’all define everything to be racist. Why have a forum if people are gonna be afraid to post everything?

jmo1121109

#96 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:40 pm

Nobody is interested in having this absurd conversation with you. You have it your mind that you are right, that you are smarter and have a better understanding of everything then an entire team of moderators and apparently nothing will change your mind. So I am countering your absurd stance with equally absurd posts dedicated to pointing out the arrogance of your posts.

President Eden

#97 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:48 pm

jmo1121109 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:40 pm
Nobody is interested in having this absurd conversation with you. You have it your mind that you are right, that you are smarter and have a better understanding of everything then an entire team of moderators and apparently nothing will change your mind. So I am countering your absurd stance with equally absurd posts dedicated to pointing out the arrogance of your posts.
No I do not.
I remember when we rolled out the forum moderation. Supposedly it was going to lead to a kinder, better forum. I was one of the biggest proponents and essentially all of my effort as a mod that didn’t go to catching cheaters was spent on finding the best way to moderate the forum.
All it’s done is lead to the exact slippery slope that the people who objected then warned about.
Not a single word you’ve said has been in good faith. Fuck off

jmo1121109

#98 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:56 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:48 pm
jmo1121109 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:40 pm
No I do not.
I remember when we rolled out the forum moderation. Supposedly it was going to lead to a kinder, better forum. I was one of the biggest proponents and essentially all of my effort as a mod that didn’t go to catching cheaters was spent on finding the best way to moderate the forum.
All it’s done is lead to the exact slippery slope that the people who objected then warned about.
Not a single word you’ve said has been in good faith. Fuck off
Yeah, 5 months as a mod, and the next 4 years berating every forum decision made.

"Fact of the matter is that black advocate groups don’t actually want a race blind application process because they know they can’t compete on an actually level playing field."

and

"The underperformance of some races compared to others is not due to ‘systemic discrimination’ or anything of the sort."

Those two quotes taken together, by someone already with warnings on racism, are belittling to entire groups of people. It's simply not acceptable on this forum. But if you really do not like it, you could email the owners with your concerns. But you don't do that, despite being a former mod and long term member who knows the correct way to give feedback and have concerns addressed you insist on screaming in public while insulting every moderators intelligence over and over, ignoring every stated method for addressing concerns and getting appeals. So don't talk to me about "good faith".

CommanderByron
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#99 Post by CommanderByron » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:59 pm

This thread kills me.

What if we added down votes to comments and when a comment reached 20 Down votes it was removed. This way our user base can show the racists and bigots that: NO your racist, xenophobic, and predjudice opinions are NOT welcome here and unwanted.

Because I guarantee that a lot of the things we let slide would be removed. And then what? The participation of the user base isn’t reflective of the user base?

I just don’t get why racists are so interested in safe spaces. Like do you entitled snowflakes not know that the world isn’t built to please you and sometimes establishments ARENT going to just give you whatever you want. Jesus, like seriously who cares if racists don’t feel welcome or wanted, this isn’t about your feelings or participation trophies. Life isn’t fair get over it.

President Eden

#100 Post by President Eden » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:04 pm

You are very wrong about my history when it comes to moderator decisions. I do not object to moderator decisions as a matter of course. I usually think y’all do a great job. You need to get a grip and accept that not everyone will agree with your decision just because you thought hard about it first, that the world is gray and that reasonable people can differ.

I am drafting an email as we talk, funny enough.
Your attitude makes no sense here J. Yes, the modmail exists to facilitate these discussions. The forum has long been a traditional vehicle for people to voice objections they don’t consider to be strong or serious enough to bother the mod teams with modmail over.
Y’all get enough bitching from game moderation.
To this point, I hasn’t considered the forum moderation worth bothering the owners over. Most of it is a philosophical difference that ultimately doesn’t mean much.
This is sufficiently alarming, and I intend to write to the owners about it.