M55: The Last Party - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M55: The Last Party - Game Thread

#501 Post by Vecna » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:15 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:20 am
##VOTE Foxcastle

Asking about the composition of the villain teams seems very irrelevant. A facade. As if Fox cares. Analyzing completely unknowable information rather than playing... not townie.

The big quote that xorxes pointed out could be a crumb seems more like a fakecrumb that's intentionally meant to look like a crumb we'd take as townie. Building the big lie. Scummy.
Like Xorxes, you've missed the point.

And think for a moment about how having everyone guess (or "guess") about the scum teams could be valuable for town later on before you dismiss it as irrelevant.
Please, enlighten us, because this smells

Foxcastle

#502 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:20 am
##VOTE Foxcastle

Asking about the composition of the villain teams seems very irrelevant. A facade. As if Fox cares. Analyzing completely unknowable information rather than playing... not townie.

The big quote that xorxes pointed out could be a crumb seems more like a fakecrumb that's intentionally meant to look like a crumb we'd take as townie. Building the big lie. Scummy.

And think for a moment about how having everyone guess (or "guess") about the scum teams could be valuable for town later on before you dismiss it as irrelevant.
Sigh :eyeroll: As the philosopher said, "A man who only sniffs his own ass will say a rose stinks."

1) Xorxes was triggered by my Waiting for Godot quote. That quote was in response to Jamiet's lorem ipsum quote, which included a vote on me. I was responding in kind with my own vote on Jamiet hidden in that block of text, which Xorxes (and apparently most others) missed.

So no, it's not some secret crumb or randomness. I was responding to Jamiet's vote in-kind with my own block of nonsense.

2) I'm assuming that the scum team and 3rd party know how many of them are on their team. (The alternative where they don't know is on their respective teams would be madness and obviate the whole point of the game.) Making everyone guess forces the scum team and 3rd party to decide, without coordination, how to engineer their guesses so that they don't end up looking suspicious later on.

Jamiet99uk

#503 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:44 am
Can someone please fill me in on Summit's "claim" that Donny is talking about?

I could not see him making a claim - what have I missed?
I think he somehow called summit's vote on him a claim for whatever reason.
Ah ok, he is using the term "claim" to mean "something that someone said" rather than the meaning of "role claim".

@Donny Dude: For your info, in this game, when we say "claim", or use language like "I am claiming" or "is that a claim" or "Brainbomb has made a fake claim", the word "claim" has a specific meaning. It means the person is claiming a particular role.

So for example, if Zultar said "I am the Doctor", that would be a claim.
Meanwhile if Zultar said "Donny is scum and I'm going to vote for him" that is not a claim.

Jamiet99uk

#504 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:55 pm

I guess that there are 4 Mafia, one of whom is a traitor, and two un-connected Third Parties.

I believe Foxcastle said we should not explain our guesses, so I won't. But this is a genuine guess for which I have a solid reason unrelated to my own role.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#505 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:32 pm

*I still don't know what is wrong with the bot... sorry, all. Trying to find Peterlund*

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#506 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:39 pm

I like the interaction between brain and jamie.
If they were both scum, or maybe even if one of them were scum, I expect that they would have either been ALL buddy, ignore each other, or come out fake-screaming.
Instead we see some conflict that seems sincere... and focus on other things than each other.
I think they're both town.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#507 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Also, contemplating possible PR's is not helpful. We have no idea what worcej built. After we see some effects of PR's, we can hypothesize. It's adding fluff to the room.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#508 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:46 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:16 am

And I was right. Honestly, I think we should lynch her today in this game too. But I doubt the giant egos around would agree with this, they need to make a brilliant catch con D1 instead of playing for the team.

##vote Sarah

I still think that Donny Dude is town. And it's not too scummy to be scum, but the way he approached the game. His suggestion isn't good obviously, you either massclaim or not, but he saw a discussion on this and sticked his neck to make a suggestion. This doesn't seem a newbie scum to me.
I have to agree with rivera on the first point and will also ##vote SarahK24 unless she starts convincing me that she actually understands or cares about how this game works.

Vecna

#509 Post by Vecna » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:46 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:50 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:37 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

Sigh :eyeroll: As the philosopher said, "A man who only sniffs his own ass will say a rose stinks."

1) Xorxes was triggered by my Waiting for Godot quote. That quote was in response to Jamiet's lorem ipsum quote, which included a vote on me. I was responding in kind with my own vote on Jamiet hidden in that block of text, which Xorxes (and apparently most others) missed.

So no, it's not some secret crumb or randomness. I was responding to Jamiet's vote in-kind with my own block of nonsense.

2) I'm assuming that the scum team and 3rd party know how many of them are on their team. (The alternative where they don't know is on their respective teams would be madness and obviate the whole point of the game.) Making everyone guess forces the scum team and 3rd party to decide, without coordination, how to engineer their guesses so that they don't end up looking suspicious later on.
And how does that help town? Because there is no way that I can think of that will helpfully allow people to differentiante between a scum making shit up (or truthtelling) or a town making either a good or bad guess.

This just seems like busywork

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#510 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Massclaims
I asked about it early, fishing.
I don't see any value of massclaiming in this setup. It would only assist scum in narrowing down NK's.

Jamiet99uk

#511 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Yeah massclaiming is a bad idea. We're not massclaiming.

TheMarche

#512 Post by TheMarche » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Ok. So far, i read all the posts twice and now i'm ready to start thinking about the possibilities.
1) The most active players by now seem to be Vecna and Brainbomb, who posted the most significant posts and tried to think harder on who may be or may not be scum. Many of their guesses are based on previous games, which I didn't play, but they seem reliable so far. So i'd say Vecna and Brainbomb Town.
2) Chaqa's game looks strange. He didn't write much, and his role sounds suspicious to me. As i said earlier, he may be a town power role or scum. This makes me think we shouldn't kill him and wait to see what scum does. Anyway to me he looks more scum than towny.
3) Danny Dude didn't write as much as i thought. It seemed to me he wrote a lot of stuff, but now I see it was mostly people replying to him. The request to have a rating of the power every player has still seems suspicious, but for the moment ##UNVOTE .
4) From what you wrote previously, it seems to me too early to have a guess on what Sarah or Nephthys are. I wouldn't vote them until i get more information.
5)According to what most of you said, Bozo seems town, but i can't know it. I still don't know how he plays when he's scum, so i'm just relying on your opinions for the moment.
6) Another player who wrote a lot is Xorxes. He seems townish to me, a bit less than Vecna or Brainbomb, but still townish. Foodcoast too, he seems townish.
7) I don't know much about the other players. But at the moment, from the first game dynamics, Kgray seemed to me a bit scummish, but I still haven't thought a lot about that.
8) Foxcastle seems scum to me as well. I don't know why but his posts mostly confuse me, and in my notes I only found few relevants things about him, meaning that 1-I am stupid (which is probably true) or 2-he is filling his posts with words that mean nothing. For the moment, ##VOTE Foxcastle. I'll probably change my mind, but this is my guess for the moment.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#513 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:11 pm

xorxes wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:54 pm
I'm going to say that bozo is town. I was going to ask the massclaim question, but his answer was good.
xorxes Why does bozo's answer make you read him town?
here it is:
"dargorygel wrote: ↑Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:05 pm
So is anyone going to suggest a mass claim?
It would probably be a benefit to town, but I am not going to bother suggesting it because I have a good idea how that would turn out."

I didn't like his answer... why would this benefit town?
Do you, xorxes, think massclaim would help us? Why?
(Bozo can answer, too, if he wishes.)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#514 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:16 pm

I don't see the value of 'guessing' the scum-numbers.

It's either going to lead to false security of false insecurity. More chaos.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#515 Post by dargorygel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:17 pm

*and Peter's working on the bot! I am hopeful*

xorxes

#516 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:21 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:58 am
xorxes wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:44 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:30 pm

And what was Jamiet's purpose?
If you were paying attention you'd know.

Unfortunatley, I can't take you not reading carefully as a sign that you are scum...
@xorxes, I guess this means you also weren't paying attention and missed the "purpose" of Fox's fluff? Would you say that you not reading carefully is a sign that you're scum?
I missed Fox's vote even though I explicitly looked to see if he had done the same thing as Jamie. In fact I now went back and it took me quite a while to find it, it was much more hidden. The reasons probably are that he used all lowercase and split it in two lines. Plus, I was already familiar with Jamie's background text so I didn't need to find out what it was, whereas with Fox's I had to Google it and I came to the conclusion that it was a plausible crumb. I obviously did not read the whole thing.

But your question is backwards anyways, I said I could NOT take it as as sign of scumminess.

What's your story, when did you notice the votes were there?

xorxes

#517 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:32 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:21 am
Will be probably less verbose, hands achey so voice to text some parts.
You want us to ask you what you've been doing with your hands, don't you?

xorxes

#518 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:36 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:29 am
But for future reference, as of this point kgray, xorxes
Hopefully this has some meaning that will eventually be revealed.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#519 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Finally more or less caught up. I miss the bot. I don't know whether or not to policy vote EMC as I'm not sure whether he's voted or not lol

Another decent vote may be Sarah. As we saw, it is a bit risky to let her be in the endgame as town, and maybe we get lucky and she's scum.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#520 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:45 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:21 pm
kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:58 am
xorxes wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:44 pm

If you were paying attention you'd know.

Unfortunatley, I can't take you not reading carefully as a sign that you are scum...
@xorxes, I guess this means you also weren't paying attention and missed the "purpose" of Fox's fluff? Would you say that you not reading carefully is a sign that you're scum?
I missed Fox's vote even though I explicitly looked to see if he had done the same thing as Jamie. In fact I now went back and it took me quite a while to find it, it was much more hidden. The reasons probably are that he used all lowercase and split it in two lines. Plus, I was already familiar with Jamie's background text so I didn't need to find out what it was, whereas with Fox's I had to Google it and I came to the conclusion that it was a plausible crumb. I obviously did not read the whole thing.

But your question is backwards anyways, I said I could NOT take it as as sign of scumminess.

What's your story, when did you notice the votes were there?
My question is not "backwards" because I wasn't using it to imply that you're scum. It was somewhat rhetorical, but it's something I'm honestly thinking about. If xorxes isn't reading closely (but is also calling out other people for not reading closely), does that make xorxes more likely to be scum?

And I also did not read all of either Jamie's or Fox's posts. I don't think it's scummy that you didn't. But I do think it is interesting that you called out Fox missing Jamie's vote without noticing Fox's vote. Even if you did go look for it, I would think you'd have looked a bit harder.

I noticed Jamie's vote when I saw your response to his post, and I went back to look for what you'd seen. When Flash "corrected" Jamie's post I assumed he was replacing Jamie's vote for Fox with his own vote, but I couldn't find that so I searched the page for ##. That's when I saw Fox's vote for Jamie.