Mod Email

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Mod Email

#1 Post by ssorenn » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:27 pm

Mods please check your email. A game needs a pause in very short amount of time

Szpoti
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Mod Email

#2 Post by Szpoti » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:58 am

Please always try to allow some more time than 'very short amount of time', especially in games with phase lengths of days.
The game has now been paused.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by ssorenn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:50 am

Szpoti wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:58 am
Please always try to allow some more time than 'very short amount of time', especially in games with phase lengths of days.
The game has now been paused.
The first email was sent with three hours to go. The player leaving was an ex mod who found a way to be declared CD on his own. So, not sure why it took so long

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#4 Post by jmo1121109 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:56 am

It took so long because we have 3 mods relatively unavailable for personal or family medical reasons right now, another 1 too short term busy to help out, and 1 recently resigned (who also needed to leave all their games). And oddly the number of qualified people willing to volunteer their time to moderate and deal with people upset at a slower than 3 hour response time is low.

P.S. You mistyped "Thank you" in your reply to szpoti.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5 Post by ssorenn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:04 am

jmo1121109 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:56 am
It took so long because we have 3 mods relatively unavailable for personal or family medical reasons right now, another 1 too short term busy to help out, and 1 recently resigned (who also needed to leave all their games). And oddly the number of qualified people willing to volunteer their time to moderate and deal with people upset at a slower than 3 hour response time is low.

Your staff is your issue isn’t it? Why put a ‘needs help‘ button on the games if it doesn’t work. Thank you is something reserved for actually helping a situation. The turn in the game rolled. So thank you is far from something that’s been earned.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:03 pm

ssorenn wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:04 am
jmo1121109 wrote:

Your staff is your issue isn’t it? Why put a ‘needs help‘ button on the games if it doesn’t work. Thank you is something reserved for actually helping a situation. The turn in the game rolled. So thank you is far from something that’s been earned.
Gee, and you wonder why someone might not want to play with you...

Does being insufferable and ridiculous get you off?

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7 Post by ssorenn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:17 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:03 pm
ssorenn wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:04 am
jmo1121109 wrote:

Gee, and you wonder why someone might not want to play with you...

Does being insufferable and ridiculous get you off?
Chaqa. You’re just a sore loser quitter. Should we talk about people who don’t get their way and quit. Just look up Chaqa.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8 Post by ssorenn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Let’s be clear. I was advocating for 6 people not myself. It took a Mod to put Dargo into CD, why is it unfair to assume a mod could put our game into pause in 3 hours. It’s not. I’m also not here for people to like me. I’m here to kick your asses on the diplomacy board. Plain and simple. I’m a user and i expected the functionality of the site to work. It did not. Then you want me to be thankful.

I love all the pretentious people around here. All you entitled people who got participation trophies growing up. You can all cheer JMO it’s laughable.

brainbomb

#9 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:06 pm

glad to see nothing ever changes on here.
heart is warmed

brainbomb

#10 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:14 pm

jmo1121109 wrote:

too reasonable
you needed to send him to the gulag

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#11 Post by flash2015 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:49 pm

ssorenn wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:17 pm
Let’s be clear. I was advocating for 6 people not myself. It took a Mod to put Dargo into CD, why is it unfair to assume a mod could put our game into pause in 3 hours. It’s not. I’m also not here for people to like me. I’m here to kick your asses on the diplomacy board. Plain and simple. I’m a user and i expected the functionality of the site to work. It did not. Then you want me to be thankful.

I love all the pretentious people around here. All you entitled people who got participation trophies growing up. You can all cheer JMO it’s laughable.
Rather than just complaining, if you think this is a real problem perhaps we can all think of a better long term solution which doesn't require mod availability 24/7 (again they are doing this for free and we should be thankful for that)? For example, perhaps it should be possible to be able to give one person in the game the power to Pause without waiting for everyone? Or potentially once per game each person could be given the power to pause it for x minutes/hours without waiting for everyone to press Pause? What do you think? Do you have a better idea?

The more important question I have though is - is Dargo OK?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#12 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 pm

ssorenn wrote:

I imagine webdip is so important to you because you don’t have any friends IRL?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#13 Post by flash2015 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:22 pm

Oh, didn't read the other thread about darg...

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#14 Post by ssorenn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 pm
ssorenn wrote:

Haha. I’m sure you’re just as much a loser in life as you are here. I’ve left this place for months at a time. I will again soon. I far out exceed you in every facet of life chaqa. Once a quitter always a quitter. Did you cry to mama when i did not help you. Should i go back and pull some anecdotes from our press. The difference is dargo needed to focus on his real life. Kudos to him, you just quit. You can actually sense you cry like a girl too.

Id say stick to gunboat, but your not good at that either. Is there anything you do well? Ah yes. Quit.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#15 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 pm

lol

Sure,whatever.

I don’t think you’d find a single person who agrees with your assessment, but think what you want

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#16 Post by ssorenn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:24 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:20 pm
lol

Sure,whatever.

I don’t think you’d find a single person who agrees with your assessment, but think what you want
So thats why your so good at this game. Right. You read things so well. Hahaha

Please don’t cry. You may ruin your computer, and we could not finish this.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#17 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:07 am

ssorenn wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:12 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:20 pm
ssorenn wrote:

Haha. I’m sure you’re just as much a loser in life as you are here. I’ve left this place for months at a time. I will again soon. I far out exceed you in every facet of life chaqa. Once a quitter always a quitter. Did you cry to mama when i did not help you. Should i go back and pull some anecdotes from our press. The difference is dargo needed to focus on his real life. Kudos to him, you just quit. You can actually sense you cry like a girl too.

Id say stick to gunboat, but your not good at that either. Is there anything you do well? Ah yes. Quit.
ssorenn,

The last time you were silenced, you were warned that further infractions of our forum rules would result in an indefinite silence until you have convinced the owners that you are willing to follow all of our forum rules without compromise. In this thread, you have broken the following rule:

"Creating threads or posting replies that target a member, group of members, or group of people is prohibited. While some discussions on our forum can become heated, attacking another member is not permitted on the forum. Players who post a reply in a discussion attacking another player may be warned and/or silenced depending on the severity of the offense. Consistently harassing another player or going out of one’s way to attack another player, instead of contributing to discussion, may also classify as grounds for a silence or further action depending on the surrounding circumstances."

As a result, you have been silenced indefinitely. This silence is in effect immediately, and you will receive an email shortly.

Signed unanimously,
webDiplomacy Administrators