MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
teacon7

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#4561 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:53 am

re: reaver press patterns -

Is anyone keeping track of who has posted what?

Is there a way to do these tests without clogging up the thread with noise? (c.f. jamiet literally reposting everything Tem said)

If we all repost Tem's press violation and get no repeats, it seems like it was a sin of omission, rather than something he included. What phases did Tem NOT get a reaver violation? Can we cross-compare those with the three re-post sentences?

We can't test it now, but it seems like there might be something to do with voting. No-unvotes seems like enough of a detectable liability, and would be easy enough for the GMs to spot. Maybe it has something to do with using capitols when voting? Other text included along with the vote post? I can see the GMs setting up rules so they could do a check by simply clicking the reaver's name on the bot vote tracker.

teacon7

#4562 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:54 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:45 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:37 am
teacon7 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:32 am

AMA = ask me anything.
Why haven't you answered any of my questions yet? What are you hiding?
And these two?
wtf. no. this is also spam.

I'm hiding the good chocolate so I don't have to share it.

find me the other questions and I'll answer them.

teacon7

#4563 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:06 am

@xorx
I still do not understand why the BH fakeclaimed, and why the assassin did not.

In what order did everyone claim roles? I suspect the pressure there and the order of the claims will reveal a lot.

This one stuck out at me:
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:31 pm
I claimed VT pretty much before anyone but you had claimed I believe.

I’ve been your Wingman this whole game
"Wingman" sounds an awful lot like a "buddy" calling in a favor.

teacon7

#4564 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:20 am

@Chaqa -

Just gonna say this once, so take it for what it's worth. It's given in as good-natured a spirit as a combox can manage. You're having an awesome game. Unless I'm misreading you, I can tell you're frustrated. I get that. It came out especially in how you talked to peter. He went a little rogue. I get it. I agree with you. But I don't think that tone is going to be helpful for us moving forward.

If you gotta step away from the game for a bit to cool down - I think we'd understand. Give it a bit. Maybe it'll give your subconscious a chance think up something new? idk.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4565 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:34 am

teacon7 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:20 am
@Chaqa -

Just gonna say this once, so take it for what it's worth. It's given in as good-natured a spirit as a combox can manage. You're having an awesome game. Unless I'm misreading you, I can tell you're frustrated. I get that. It came out especially in how you talked to peter. He went a little rogue. I get it. I agree with you. But I don't think that tone is going to be helpful for us moving forward.

If you gotta step away from the game for a bit to cool down - I think we'd understand. Give it a bit. Maybe it'll give your subconscious a chance think up something new? idk.
I was a bit out of line, but it was mainly because he was clearly unaware I had already gone through this same song and dance... oh well.

I tend to believe teacon here re:Reaver

teacon7

#4566 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:39 am

lol sorry bunny, I didn't mean to kill your enthusiasm. :( I just sifted through a mountain of jamiet reposts, and don't want to add to the clutter. Sorry if I sounded rude.

1) Is voting and unvoting verboten?
2) What sort of text was allowed to be in reaver votes?

Barring jamiet being able to correctly post the tumbleweed quote, it seems like Tem's violation was an omission, rather than an inclusion. I'm going to have to re-read him when I get a chance tomorrow.

teacon7

#4567 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:55 am

Reaver candidate textwall

I was the obvious candidate. No way to confirm my role, somewhat townread. I might even have been targeted N1 due to the reader soft, but the conversion got redirected away, and fizzled for lack of a living target. (mtg terms coming out, sorry). I am not a reaver, so I'm operating on the assumption that they wanted to set me up, and pick someone with deeper cover.

damo has been suggested, but it doesn't make sense to me. Too much risk, likely not enough reward. It'd be too easy for mafia 1 to realize when he was making things up, so even if he didn't get lynched, he'd get the NK.

jamiet - jamie could be watched to verify doc visitation, though I guess he'd have good reason not to forecast who he'd visit. Without knowing whether conversion activates a backup, it'd be risky to hit him. I think we're still waiting on a ##callGM as to whether converting a doctor activates the backup or not.

Peter: A bulletless vig also seemed like the best reaver candidate to me. He's generally unverifiable. Unlike other PR, maf 1 would actively NOT NK him for fear of a vengeful vigshot. I hate to say this, but if strange press patterns are involved, he stands a good chance of being able to post stranger kinds of press without raising eyebrows.

teacon7

#4568 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:46 am

It's possible a reaver recruit is among the VT claimants. That has some metagaming advantages (in the strategy sense, not the cheating sense) if you know the calibre of townclears you're playing against:
-maf will not be NKing among the VT's
-town will spend some time eating some of their own PR in suspicion, and trying to protect/verify the confirmable ones
-recruiting among the VTs means a backup doc might go offline before getting activated.
-VT's have potential to live to the endgame due to role unimportance. That fits with the rather mechanical tone in which we've been playing so far.

Since it looks like the recruit N1 failed, that gives N2 and N3 to look for information as to who was a good recruit in that timeframe. At that point, we were up to our elbows in CCs. Who's he gonna recruit? It kinda depends on what the RP thought of the PR CC's:

-If, at the time of recruiting, he thought that all the living CC pairings contained mafia 1 members, the vt pool wasn't gonna get touched until the CC's were settled. That buys a bit of time, but that's about it.

-If, at the time of recruiting, he thought the BH was one of the CC's, then hitting among the VT pool gives a higher chance of a) taking out a backup, or b) getting into the QT, and c) buying time. Imagine what bargaining power you'd get by having info from the QT if secundus got scanned?

Look at this surprise:
Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:07 am
I think scum are just trying to keep this up. My guess is goldie is actual BH.
Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:07 pm
Huh, the agent wasn't in the VT pool?
Makes me think he was aiming for the Agent, and was surprised to find out he was wrong. Now, I'd have to go back and look to see what was known N2 and N3 to run the percentages from his point of view, but I don't think we can discount the possibility of reavers in the VT pool.

teacon7

#4569 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:48 am

Temasek22 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:07 pm
Huh, the agent wasn't in the VT pool? I really think Fox is MT1 now.
Looking at the full quote here, I don't think he'd shade a recruit. fox might be assassin, but he's probably not reaver.

teacon7

#4570 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:54 am

I reeeeaaalllly thought chaqa was the BH right up until that last flip. He's playing a great game and I figured he couldn't possibly play this townie unless he was actually scum.

Of the two remaining (chaqa/emc), I'm guessing emc is the reaver recruit among the VT pool. He's posting weird stuff (purple mayonnaise? chipotle fanfiction), and is... idk, engaged in a different way than normal. I can understand getting bored with mechanical lynches tbh, but you'd think he'd at least help us figure out how to crack the reaver press rules.

teacon7

#4571 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:54 am

:tumbleweed:

teacon7

#4572 Post by teacon7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:58 am

Time for sleep.

Last thought:

##callGM - will we be informed if mafia team 1 is no longer able to win (i.e., if the assassin got converted a while back, and thus there are no real mafia1 members)?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4573 Post by peterlund » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:41 am

xorxes wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:53 pm
The one that never posted it properly was peterlund:
peterlund wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:32 pm
Am I supposed to repost this shit too?

:tumbleweed:

I don't get this. Care to explain?
It probably doesn't mean anything, but I don't get why go to the trouble and then doing it wrong.
So what have I not reposted correctly? Let's have another try then.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4574 Post by peterlund » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:51 am

teacon7 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:55 am
Peter: A bulletless vig also seemed like the best reaver candidate to me. He's generally unverifiable. Unlike other PR, maf 1 would actively NOT NK him for fear of a vengeful vigshot. I hate to say this, but if strange press patterns are involved, he stands a good chance of being able to post stranger kinds of press without raising eyebrows.
Why is Teacon lying about my abilities? I will not get a last vig shot in the case I am NKed. I only get that if I am lynched! Also Teacon (and Chaqa) seem to have some need to shade me.

Teacon is not the guy that I expect to have missed this little piece of fact. He normally have full control of mechanical details like this. So WHY is he ON PURPOSE trying to misunderstand this? There is something very fishy about this post from Teacon.

BunnyGo

#4575 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:36 am

So just a thought on the theory that the reaver press restrictions are some sort of mandatory requirement (this makes sense thematically since reavers are not quiet..YOU are quite sneaking past them). It may be that the alert early on D4 was because Temasek didn't post at all N3. Just a thought.

BunnyGo

#4576 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:42 am

peterlund wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:51 am
teacon7 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:55 am
Why is Teacon lying about my abilities? I will not get a last vig shot in the case I am NKed. I only get that if I am lynched! Also Teacon (and Chaqa) seem to have some need to shade me.

Teacon is not the guy that I expect to have missed this little piece of fact. He normally have full control of mechanical details like this. So WHY is he ON PURPOSE trying to misunderstand this? There is something very fishy about this post from Teacon.
Never played with Teacon before, but it is weird considering how much we discussed it N1.

BunnyGo

#4577 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:04 am

::tumbleweed::

Where's River when you need her? She said she'd get the job done, and we were crazy to leave everything on that lovely but unstable girl. And now, here we are in the black unsure where to go with a gǒucàode Reaver on the ship and tiānxiǎode what we're doing because we pinned so much to this read.

damo666

#4578 Post by damo666 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 am

EMC returned as VT.

Bit disappointed in your play Einstein.

xorxes

#4579 Post by xorxes » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:32 am

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:27 am
EMC returned as VT.

Bit disappointed in your play Einstein.
Why the hell did you read emc when he was almost certainly not the Assassin?

damo666

#4580 Post by damo666 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:34 am

I guess lynch Fox tomorrow.

If Tem kills tonight Bunny is reaver else v probably clear.

After lynching Tem I would lynch Peter next then it's a guess from Jamie Teacon Chaqa if Bunny clear.

Don't expect to survive the night so probably no more reads.

Sorry the news is not better.