Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1421 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:48 pm

Bozo is scummy as hell. Darg seems fishy to me too. And then probably one of rdr/Ezio but who knows which. I've felt really good about rdr being town all game. I need to reread him though. Xorxes seems off as well.

thamrick

#1422 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:51 pm

I also think there's a good chance Bo is scum. Why would they kidnap him today if he was town?

thamrick

#1423 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:51 pm

So basically... I have no effing clue and I feel like we're screwed.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1424 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:16 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:32 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:34 pm
thamrick wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:25 pm
Yeah. I think it's a possibility that Ezio fake CC'd. It's also a possibility that you lied. You've said it's hard for you to be active on the weekends rdrivera. Are you going to be able to be around the next two days? It's pretty critical that we're able to sort this out if town has any chance.
Tham, I told you I would be out on a tournament most of the day. I left at morning and get back to this. I will be around tonight and most of tomorrow, but I have a life and a family.
For me it's pretty obvious what's happening, but I don't know how to convince you. If it isn't lylo I would say for you to lynch me and then Ezio and Bozo, but we can't do that.
Aye, rdrivera... and your regular practice of spending time with your family instead of neglecting them to play Mafia is one of the things that I usually like about you. However, when scum has 'externals' effecting their game-play they trot out the family as an excuse. When town has 'externals' effecting their game-play they (and you, usually) mention their activities so that town can understand. tbh, this sounds mighty excusey. :-/
If I read your last statement without the 'but I have a life and family' line... the tone of the message changes dramatically to a much more town sounding line.
I realize that this MIGHT be a translation thing. But to me, it simply adds to the scum-feel of you in this game.
Dargo, I think we could have some translation problem because I really don't understand what you are talking about. You said town usually mention their activities, something I don't know if I agree, but considering it's truth, I specifically said I was in a tennis tournament yesterday and will be more active on Sunday. That was an answer to Tham that wants me to participate more as I am the leading wagon. Do you want a detailed schedule of what I am doing?

I think the lynch should be Ezio as I am 100% sure he is scum (what was that message about me retracting my claim?). If most people want to lynch Xorxes I will join it because I know that if I am lynched town lose and I also think Xorxes is scum. Unless it's needed to save me my vote stay on Ezio.

Foxcastle

#1425 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:16 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:51 pm
I also think there's a good chance Bo is scum. Why would they kidnap him today if he was town?
I've also been wondering about this. Because if they kept the kidnapper's power for later, there would possibly have been opportunities to use it to clinch the game by removing a town vote. Why did they waste that opportunity?

Ezio

#1426 Post by Ezio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:21 pm

I like mechanic discussions and this has been an interesting mechanical game which is why I was more active earlier in the game. Today I was kinda forced to be active by RD's fakeclaim.

Ezio

#1427 Post by Ezio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 pm

The scumteam really looks like it's RD and Bozo/Xorxes, in that order of certainty.

thamrick

#1428 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:24 pm

rdr - who do you think the scumteam is?

Ezio

#1429 Post by Ezio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:25 pm

Also why do you guys keep saying this use of kidnapper was a waste? We're already in LyLo. If we lynch a townie or NoLynch we're already in autolose. It's natural to kidnap a townie today to maximize their chances of getting a mislynch.

thamrick

#1430 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:25 pm
Also why do you guys keep saying this use of kidnapper was a waste? We're already in LyLo. If we lynch a townie or NoLynch we're already in autolose. It's natural to kidnap a townie today to maximize their chances of getting a mislynch.
Walk me through why you say that

Ezio

#1431 Post by Ezio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:37 pm

Currently we're at 6 town and 3 scum left alive.

If we lynch a town today scum will get the Night kill which will put us down to 4 town and three scum. Because scum currently have the DD nametag, they will be able to give that tag to a townie tonight as well, which will put the votes at 3-3.

Scum vote nolynch and it's game over if we mislynch a town today.

thamrick

#1432 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:37 pm
Currently we're at 6 town and 3 scum left alive.

If we lynch a town today scum will get the Night kill which will put us down to 4 town and three scum. Because scum currently have the DD nametag, they will be able to give that tag to a townie tonight as well, which will put the votes at 3-3.

Scum vote nolynch and it's game over if we mislynch a town today.
Are you sure they can give the tag to town though?

Ezio

#1433 Post by Ezio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 pm

To that end it is optimal for them to kidnap a townie today to maximize their chances of getting a mislynch on a townie rather than a scum.

Ezio

#1434 Post by Ezio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:40 pm

It's a fair bet if they're burning the kidnap today.

I like to assume my opponents are playing optimally, or at least somewhat close to optimally. They're making moves that have a reason and every decision is worth analyzing. The kidnap is far too powerful for them to waste willy nilly. As many have pointed out, they could have saved it and used it to force through a lynch later in the game.

thamrick

#1435 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Ezio wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:40 pm
It's a fair bet if they're burning the kidnap today.

I like to assume my opponents are playing optimally, or at least somewhat close to optimally. They're making moves that have a reason and every decision is worth analyzing. The kidnap is far too powerful for them to waste willy nilly. As many have pointed out, they could have saved it and used it to force through a lynch later in the game.
They also didn't know they'd kill the Oracle and end up with the DD tag.

Foxcastle

#1436 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:44 pm

Their plan with the kidnap almost certainly got at least a little messed up when Bo_Sox was kidnapped. They were counting on a townie (me) having the DD tag, and now either scum has the tag and they're down a vote, or Bo_sox (who could be scum) has the tag (if the Kidnapper also carried out the NK)...

What's more likely, they kidnapped scum-Bo_sox to increase the chances of a mislynch, or Xorxes is the kidnapper and they decided better to use it than lose it, since he comes out of Day 3 looking like the most likely lynch...

Ezio

#1437 Post by Ezio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Scum control who does the nightkill. There's no reason for them to have performed the night kill with anyone but the roleblocker because of this precise circumstance. I think it's safe to assume they did that.

Foxcastle, I think it would be more likely for them to kidnap a town bo_sox rather than a scum bo_sox. With town bo_sox being kidnapped their votes are going to have significantly more sway to affect the lynch.

thamrick

#1438 Post by thamrick » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:53 pm

How does Roleblocking the Oracle work? I didn't see anything about their interaction in the rule doc.

Foxcastle

#1439 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:58 pm

thamrick wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:53 pm
How does Roleblocking the Oracle work? I didn't see anything about their interaction in the rule doc.
I assume that it prevents the Oracle from making the visit that reassigns the target of their power. Tom clarified a little bit several pages back at the start of Day 4. But the point is, they didn't roleblock Durga when they NK'd her.

Foxcastle

#1440 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:02 pm

I think it's likely that scum selected fake nametags in advance so they could all have ready-made answers in case a mass claim happened during day. That way, they'd be quick to reply, and they wouldn't stumble over duplicating each other's tags. Also, they would have presumably tried to come up with names that weren't real. I think as they generated that list, it would have been foolish of them to think that PETERLUND wouldn't be a nametag. I mean, who's the first person you honor with a nametag? Obviously the genius who set up the bot...

That makes me think Ezio's CC could be a fake attempt to get town-Rdrivera mislynched. ##VOTE EZIO