MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
FlaviusAetius
Posts: 2663
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 am
Karma: 241

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3241 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:12 pm

I TOLD YOU ALL TO LISTEN TO ME, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DO THAT

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:00 am
Karma: 62

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3242 Post by KalelChase » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 pm

I'm going to reassess Bionic, but wasn't getting on his wagon this time.
However, I'll admit we would have learned more (and not lost our Doc).

Lynching lurkers (and high-posters) doesn't seem to have ever paid off.

e.m.c^42
Posts: 4755
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1203

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3243 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:10 pm
Felt like genuine anticipation before the lynch at potentially leading a lynch on scum
I will go cry in a corner now.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 4084
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 1800

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3244 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:12 pm
I TOLD YOU ALL TO LISTEN TO ME, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DO THAT
Sadly I'm inclined to agree with Flavius. Lynching me would have been much better than this result... ugh.

yavuzovic
Posts: 2564
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 450
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3245 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 pm

FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:12 pm
I TOLD YOU ALL TO LISTEN TO ME, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DO THAT
Please cut off. I don't want to be offensive to anyone, aspecially someone I knew before but it's very repulsive when you write with capitals and OOOO

e.m.c^42
Posts: 4755
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1203

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3246 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:15 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:14 pm
FlaviusAetius wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:12 pm
I TOLD YOU ALL TO LISTEN TO ME, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DO THAT
Sadly I'm inclined to agree with Flavius. Lynching me would have been much better than this result... ugh.
Well, now to poke people, I guess.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 1183

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3247 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 pm

I think Kalel turns up when it’s safe to post, safe to vote etc. I think he’s around more than he let’s on. I think this calm “reason?” act is even a very careful response to being voted by me for no apparent reason. I’m quite convinced

e.m.c^42
Posts: 4755
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1203

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3248 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 pm
I think Kalel turns up when it’s safe to post, safe to vote etc. I think he’s around more than he let’s on. I think this calm “reason?” act is even a very careful response to being voted by me for no apparent reason. I’m quite convinced
The problem with Kalel is that I have difficulties parsing his "data dump" posts. Can't easily tell if he's just bs'ing stuff on the spot or actually putting thought into it.

BionicMole
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:11 am
Karma: 21

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3249 Post by BionicMole » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 pm

ooooof, I just puked in my mouth a little

RIP Kit, until next time

e.m.c^42
Posts: 4755
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1203

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3250 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:24 pm

hah Squigs I see you there, hi Squigs, come back to join us in mafia

if you are Hyde feel free to put me out of my misery

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:00 am
Karma: 62

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3251 Post by KalelChase » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:25 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 pm
I think Kalel turns up when it’s safe to post, safe to vote etc. I think he’s around more than he let’s on. I think this calm “reason?” act is even a very careful response to being voted by me for no apparent reason. I’m quite convinced
I don't understand what you mean when you say safe to post/vote?

As for being around more than I 'let on'... I don't use 'stealth/guest mode' or whatever, and I've already stated that I do leave the window open on my computer. If this is throwing off the town read on me I have offered to shut it off when I'm not actually interacting. I also play a lot of Bot games. I don't see this as being a thing. I'll also point out that this was the same logic that just got Watson killed.

Third point... I'm a big data analytics programmer, who has built a spreadsheet for this game that doesn't work without mapping behavior to weights. I need quantifiable data for that. What-else can I say here.

Tom, I don't think you (or ND) are scum, but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

ND
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 614

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3252 Post by ND » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm

What the literal fuck? Why didn't you morons vote for cmdr?

ND
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 614

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3253 Post by ND » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:27 pm

We are so screwed now. Good job dum dums

xorxes
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1326

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3254 Post by xorxes » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:27 pm
We are so screwed now. Good job dum dums
Mafia are screwed as well if they don't find Jack soon.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:00 am
Karma: 62

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3255 Post by KalelChase » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:31 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 pm
I think Kalel turns up when it’s safe to post, safe to vote etc. I think he’s around more than he let’s on. I think this calm “reason?” act is even a very careful response to being voted by me for no apparent reason. I’m quite convinced
The problem with Kalel is that I have difficulties parsing his "data dump" posts. Can't easily tell if he's just bs'ing stuff on the spot or actually putting thought into it.
The weights are hard for two reasons.

First, from a relationship perspective it's hard to put a weight on an interaction until one of the roles is at least hardclaimed (I'm not good at crumb pick-ups yet). I give + for challenging others, or bringing up a new investigative topic, but pocketing, bussing, etc. are harder to nail-down.

Second, some behaviors (Overposting noise & Claiming you're the cop and you guilty read someone) initially seemed to me to be very scummy. This was reinforced by several people saying 'reaction tests' are worthless. However, with ND and Tom in this game I've seen it work.

Ultimately, the spreadsheet is probably going to be a failure because it's like anonymous gunboat. It's only half the game (or less). But it helps me because it puts my data out there for others to comment on.

e.m.c^42
Posts: 4755
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1203

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3256 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:32 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm
What the literal fuck? Why didn't you morons vote for cmdr?
Well, he is here online now, so I suppose it's time to poke at him then.

CmdrLikely
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:40 am
Karma: 5

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3257 Post by CmdrLikely » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 pm

Really, gang? Actually, I admit that I would have considered a Kit lynch, but I don't think I would have jumped on that wagon.
I'd be interested to analyze after this game is over how many times the wagon changes in the last hour and if that was beneficial for town or for maf...

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:00 am
Karma: 62

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3258 Post by KalelChase » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:36 pm

CmdrLikely wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 pm
Really, gang? Actually, I admit that I would have considered a Kit lynch, but I don't think I would have jumped on that wagon.
I'd be interested to analyze after this game is over how many times the wagon changes in the last hour and if that was beneficial for town or for maf...
This is an interesting point. I'm going to go be depressed and follow Flavs advice of no talking.

Tom - I'll probably be on doing some data mining so don't get paranoid.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 4084
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Karma: 1800

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3259 Post by Chaqa » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:26 pm
What the literal fuck? Why didn't you morons vote for cmdr?
Maybe you should have been a better town clear or been here to make the case.

e.m.c^42
Posts: 4755
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:00 pm
Location: Rated 0/5 Stars; ☆☆☆☆☆
Karma: 1203

Re: MAFIA 51 - LONDON BY GASLIGHT [HIDDEN]

#3260 Post by e.m.c^42 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:39 pm

KalelChase wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:36 pm
CmdrLikely wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:34 pm
Really, gang? Actually, I admit that I would have considered a Kit lynch, but I don't think I would have jumped on that wagon.
I'd be interested to analyze after this game is over how many times the wagon changes in the last hour and if that was beneficial for town or for maf...
This is an interesting point. I'm going to go be depressed and follow Flavs advice of no talking.

Tom - I'll probably be on doing some data mining so don't get paranoid.
No, please don't go silent lol

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bozotheclown, BunnyGo, goldfinger0303 and 3 guests