MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA 49 -Avengers "Re-release"- GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#541 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:10 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:06 pm
The room went from brain saying that vapor was likely to be lynched today... to suddenly everyone bailing.
Because he claimed VT?

I don't understand the fall away from him...
This is exactly what I expect dear Vape to do when his odd acting was spotlighted.
He acted all, 'shucks... i guess I'm gonna die.' and then "oh and I'm VT."

If there was a scum QT already, he might have gotten better advice. But this tastes like scramble to me.

He even says here: "alright, it's just that I saw it happen in previous game and it didn't seem like a big deal, parties still won games, I mean if town was screwed in past games, we all know that it wasn't due to reveals, but mostly caused by poor usage of various abilities and wrong voting patterns"
Which doesn't sound like truth-tell. But more like, "hey, here's an idea that might work... I'll claim VT... it happened in previous games!"

I don't think he was soft-claiming doc... I just think he seemed VERY uncomfortable. And with his signup comments about how desparate he was to be town, this is his disappointed panic vape hat.
I don't disagree with you. His initial posts sounded really weird, but then he turned into normal Vapor, so now I hesitate.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#542 Post by Maniac » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:12 pm

@xorxes - I haven’t gone back and done a full re-read of BunnyGo in isolation.

At the moment I’m not sure if your and to a lesser extent foodcoats defence of BunnyGo is significant. I don’t know if you’re defending him because he is new member of your scum team or if by pressing me you think I’ll scum read him harder. I think the later and I’m being played, which begs the question why would you want me to scum read BunnyGo (or anyone) harder? I will be re-reading BunnyGo but also I’ll be looking at you xorxes.

Nephthys

#543 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:13 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:30 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:24 pm
Bozo seems like scum because when he pushes his reads normally he does naturally begin to look for associations between players - but not without identifying first why his primary target is scum.

here he pushes me being a busser more than he asserts why vapor is even scum.

It is, putting the horse before the cart.
Interesting take. In general I don't like extremely conditional ideas in Mafia, so I don't like bozo's line of reasoning, either, and bozo is also less... zealous than they usually are at the beginning of a game. I find bozo tends to come in hot, whereas the Vapor/brain analysis is maybe trying a little too hard.

The only problem here is that I find you very difficult to read... so if I were to be of a mind to get extremely conditional and maybe try to figure out how to read you, maybe you are bussing bozo.
brain is very clearly town here

Nephthys

#544 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:17 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:58 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:44 pm
And it's pretty hard to have a good reason when all the references people make are to old games and old styles of play.
This is actually a very valid point. I'm still pretty new here but I've assimilated enough that I am now doing the thing I hated only a few games ago. I should probably not do that. As Neph pointed out it actually makes it very hard for new players to enjoy the game.

If I cast my mind out back to the thread, and I use the two heuristics that scum try to push agendas and/or try to be passively active or "blendy," and I focus on just stuff within this game - and this is off my memory of my reading the past hour, so more high level intuition than specifics - the pushiest player so far feels like brainbomb, and the most passive-active feels like Maniac.

To choose between them... brainbomb has a big meta advantage because of their play style. Scum tends not to NK brain, so scum!brain could merge into town for a long time without an investigation.

##VOTE brainbomb
Would town not also want to push their own (different) agenda though? Of the two heuristics, it really seems like passive-active would hold a higher chance at catching scum...

xorxes

#545 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Kitsune wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:09 pm

@Xorxes putting the reads here so I can review them (on my phone rn) and give my feedback, although really not sure half a dozen face to face Werewolf games with friends I largely died very early in are going to help me here.

Oh and by “we” I meant town sorry. I am getting that read from you... so I guess I am starting to catch on? That’s neat.

Brain: I don’t know how Brain “normally plays”, but I agree Espresso seems to have nailed how he’s playing and I get a good town vibe from him. Broadly agree.

Kitsune: Correct in all relevant details. Looking at this from outside my own head I’d probably put me in the Townlean box as I’m realizing confusion tends to help the mafia more than it does the town, but I’m giving myself enough credit to understand that some confusion is inevitable at this point.

BunnyGo: I don’t know. Tend to give a newbie credit for being that new, and I like his conviction is refusing to vote to lynch before we know something more. Tend to townlean here, but he’s also been inadvertently promoting confusion by playing against existing community meta, so could believe the other as well.

Other Townlean: I don’t know enough about how these three play to know if this is justified. Leaning towards Town for Worcej as well due to his prodding actions, but trying to keep a low profile as well. Possible SK? I don’t know, but if he steps up his game D2 and calls out someone new will be interesting.

Xorxes: As I mentioned, I get a solid investigative town read from you. Could be coloured in his eyes by whatever history you have from previous games mind you, but otherwise I don’t see the null.

Other null: I don’t really get a strong vibe off these players so... I guess? Sure? Not strong reasons I feel, but to basically say “I don’t know” I don’t think you’d need them.

Darg: I didn’t enjoy being his focus, but he seems to be trying to push this investigation too. Townlean vibe for me, would need a better explanation from someone to see how he’s scum.

Fox: I don’t know. Could be right, if we’re looking at the second heuristic again and see him as trying to blend in, but calling out inactivity seems more like investigation by his own criteria. I’m feeling null over scum.

EMC: I don’t know his usual playing style. Would need to see more posts from him before I could judge since it could still just be poor availability. Maaaaybe scumlean, but maybe null or a town player trying to keep a low profile too.

Kalel: I think I mentioned earlier, I get a zealous newcomer vibe off him. I suppose he’s a SK candidate too, but I’d prefer to put him in the Townlean box until or unless he incriminates himself.

ExpressoPatronum: I don’t agree with all his conclusions (I guess I’m a little less trigger happy) but I read him as mistaken rather than malicious. And hey, maybe he’s in a whole other wavelength I’m not tuned in enough to get yet. I’m prepared to be convinced he’s scum, but I don’t see it yet myself.
Good. Townie points to you, not because I agree with all your reads, but because it shows solid townie effort went into them.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#546 Post by dargorygel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Did I miss your answer to this, KalelChase?
@ kalel... Are you Superman? That's not marvel... But also what. Do you have against no Lynch? What if I channelled my inner Enzio and pointed out that most D1 lynched hit town? What if I pointed out that our town stones are sleeping d1 and we risk hitting them before use? In your opinion, us NL really such a bad idea? I guess you do, since it free your vote...

Maybe you didn't answer because autocorrect killed my message...

Can you explain what is so indicative to you about a No Lynch vote? Is NL really such a bad idea? I guess you do think it is, since it caused your vote...

Nephthys

#547 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:19 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:17 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:51 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Because I don't like hypocrisy. Calling out lurkers when your are also a lurker doesn't seems right. Not necessarily scummy, to be honest.
I mean, I get that. And certainly you can use it to criticize me. But the point itself, that we should be looking at lurkers, is valuable on its own. Additionally, it raises the question: would scum-Foxcastle be so foolish as to call out lurkers and then simply stop at his own name? (The evidence is vanished, but that's what I did.)
That's exactly the point, you stopped at me and didn't include you that have 1 or 2 posts more (I looked at the bot exactly because it includes me obviously). About you doing this as scum or not it's pure WIFOM.

Anyway, this discussion is pointless and I got a small townread on you after this.

I don't lynching lurkers on D1 for two reasons, first you get little info on connections later but mostly it's hard to define who is lurking on D1. Maybe the game just started on a bad day. We probably get a better picture on who is lurking D2 or D3 in a game of this size.
Someone else is a fan of the D1 lynch based on connection :o

new fav person

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#548 Post by dargorygel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:14 pm
Getting town vibes from xorx, emc and brain. While getting scum vibes from Vapor (I hope I'm not OMGUSsing) and Kitsune

Whatever... ##Vote Kitsune
@temasek
Can you give us something more here? You were phenomenal in the last game... analytical and involved. Why Kitsune? Why townie vibes from xorxes, emc, and brain? What's your foundation for vape and Kits?

xorxes

#549 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Maniac wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:12 pm
@xorxes - I haven’t gone back and done a full re-read of BunnyGo in isolation.

At the moment I’m not sure if your and to a lesser extent foodcoats defence of BunnyGo is significant. I don’t know if you’re defending him because he is new member of your scum team or if by pressing me you think I’ll scum read him harder. I think the later and I’m being played, which begs the question why would you want me to scum read BunnyGo (or anyone) harder? I will be re-reading BunnyGo but also I’ll be looking at you xorxes.
:lol:

I was actually scumreading you for your vote because I thought it was lazy, focusing on something that seemed of little significance and ignoring the rest of what he had done.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#550 Post by dargorygel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:24 pm

@xorxes
you wrote, "I don't disagree with you. His initial posts sounded really weird, but then he turned into normal Vapor, so now I hesitate."
Subjective D1... he doesn't really seem normal to me, yet.

Nephthys

#551 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:24 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:57 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:46 pm
why did the game suddenly get so... toxic?
I don't feel that it's very toxic. Feels pretty alkaline to me.
Better than everyone being basic.
This caused me physical pain

xorxes

#552 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:22 pm
Temasek22 wrote:
Getting town vibes from xorx, emc and brain. While getting scum vibes from Vapor (I hope I'm not OMGUSsing) and Kitsune

@temasek
Can you give us something more here? You were phenomenal in the last game... analytical and involved. Why Kitsune? Why townie vibes from xorxes, emc, and brain? What's your foundation for vape and Kits?
Whaaat? Which game was that? The one where Temasek was scum with me? Was there another game of his that I missed?

Nephthys

#553 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:19 pm
Since vapor is our current vote leader for a little less than half the day its worth treating it like a serious liklihood vapor dies day 1.

how does everyone feel about that?
State your positon
For or Against.

Ill go ahead and file myself as against because I think he is roleplaying as bruce banner
Against, I want more time to figure him out, he's sus but not a scumread atm

brainbomb

#554 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 pm

did someone say they read emc as serial killer?

Nephthys

#555 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:29 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:09 pm
foodcoats feels like hes adding extra sauce to his spaghetti so far.
Is saucy pasta scummy or townie?

Personally I like a good amount of sauce, but not TOO much, and only a little parmesan.
That sounds rather authentic, Italian almost...

If only there was a faction in this game that originates from Italy

I don't think vanilla did

I'm pretty sure serial killers didn't

brainbomb

#556 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:35 pm

I thought of all the people looking most like serial killer it was foxcastle so far.

maybe we should do our reads in a new format.
LG lawful good (Fundamentally adheres to all customs)
LN lawful neutral (Fundamentally confused)
LE Lawful evil (Fundamentally Evil)
NG neutral good (Passively Good
T True Neutral (Null)
NE Neutral Evil (Passively Evil)
CG Chaotic good (Wild town)
CN Chaotic Neutral (Wild something)
CE Chaotic Evil (Wild scum)

LE bozotheclown
CG brainbomb
CN BunnyGo
NG Chaqa
CG damo666
LG dargo
LG e.m.c^42
LE EspressoPatronum
CE foodcoats
NE Foxcastle
LN Jamiet99uk
CN KalelChase
NG Kitsune
CN Maniac
LE ND
T Nephthys
NG rdrivera2005
LE Temasek22
CN Vaporwave
CE worcej
NG xorxes
T Yuuki

brainbomb

#557 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 pm

okay, sorry got side tracked into my usual weird shit guys. my bad

xorxes

#558 Post by xorxes » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:45 pm

I'm really sad yuuki has not showed up yet.

Last two games he has been town to my scum (and I think those were his only games so far) and he has unabashedly made fun of my admittedly laughable scum play. I was so looking forward to a bit of revenge if he randed scum, but now I'm concerned he will be subbed/modkilled and deny me the pleasure...

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#559 Post by dargorygel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:48 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:22 pm
Temasek22 wrote:

@temasek
Whaaat? Which game was that? The one where Temasek was scum with me? Was there another game of his that I missed?
Two things... first, maybe it was the scumteam with you game... but I remember talking in the GodThread that he was very sharp. This game seems like he is sleeping.
Second... I was trying to compliment him rather than just say, "WHERE ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU PLAYING SO POORLY?"

Nephthys

#560 Post by Nephthys » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:49 pm

Current reads

Scum

Espresso
Jamie
Food
Bozo

Town

Brain
Xorx