America bombing children

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.

Octavious

Re: America bombing children

#2 Post by Octavious » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:51 am

Your headline doesn't resemble your article. You lot really do deserve the President you've ended up with. It's easy to understand how a leader can get away with blatant lies if you also understand that the people lost respect for the truth a long time ago.

ssorenn
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by ssorenn » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:51 am
Your headline doesn't resemble your article. You lot really do deserve the President you've ended up with. It's easy to understand how a leader can get away with blatant lies if you also understand that the people lost respect for the truth a long time ago.
thanks to MSM like CNN and the morons who believe their BS

Randomizer

#4 Post by Randomizer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Technically the US only sold the weapon as part of a larger deal and didn't directly do the attack. The Saudis used it so it depends upon the deal's terms whether that was an allowable use.

Besides lots of Arab countries put low values on children's lives and use them for targets, human shields, and soldiers.

Stressedlines

#5 Post by Stressedlines » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:41 pm

my experience in the middle east, is that the value put on life is not the same as the west. Its cheap and disposable.

Octavious

#6 Post by Octavious » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:10 pm

The history of Europe over the last hundred years would suggest that the middle east doesn't have a monopoly putting a low value on life. Martyrdom is highly prized by most cultures, from the Islamist holy warrior to the Hollywood hero throwing himself on a hand grenade or holding the line in a hopeless last stand whilst others escape. To quote the popular old hymn...

I vow to thee my country, all earthly things above,
Entire and whole and perfect, the service of my love.
The love that asks no question, the love that stands the test,
That lays upon the altar the dearest and the best.
The love that never falters, the love that pays the price,
The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice.

Stressedlines

#7 Post by Stressedlines » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:26 pm

nobody implied the ME does, but I have lived in Europe and in the Middle east, and America. There is a profound difference in the way they treat each other

Octavious

#8 Post by Octavious » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:52 am

Perhaps. In the last few generations or so the West has had an unusually distant relationship with death. The Middle East has largely done the same but much more recently and, in a couple of cases, not by much. In my grandad's day if was rather common for families to have children die young, and adults to die early. Life, especially very young life, had far less certainty. If God so often takes life away, you can understand people treating life differently by necessity as much as anything else. If the death of a child breaks you, then most people would be broken. A view of death as sad but one of those things you just accept was needed just to keep going.