Trump tests positive to covid

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Trump tests positive to covid

#21 Post by orathaic » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:22 pm

Discussion seems to indicate Trump may have been forced to go to hospital while he could still walk to the helicopter in order to avoid been brought on a stretcher.

Also speculation that he is being given experimental antibody because he is actually very ill.

Octavious

#22 Post by Octavious » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:50 pm

Or maybe, just maybe, he's throwing everything at the virus in order to get back to work as soon as possible because he's got a small matter of an election to fight? You've abandoned occam's razor for so long now you must have developed quite an impressive beard ;)

There's also speculation that Trump's virus is a hoax as it's unclear that our Lizard Men overlords can even catch it :smirk:

Randomizer

#23 Post by Randomizer » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:16 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-coronaviru ... 22764.html

Questions on when they knew Trump had COVID-19 and whether he deliberately went to fundraising events as a known carrier are out there with contradictory reports from his personal physician. Also issuing a press release with numerous errors on what he has been given.

China fears retaliation from Trump since he blames them for the virus.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#24 Post by orathaic » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:26 pm

@Oct, there sure is such conspiracy theories, that Trump is faking it to avoid debating Biden, and to distract from his terrible 'debate' performance and his latest tax fraud revelations... But I was not giving such crud any notice.

Matticus13

#25 Post by Matticus13 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:38 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:50 pm
Or maybe, just maybe, he's throwing everything at the virus in order to get back to work as soon as possible because he's got a small matter of an election to fight? You've abandoned occam's razor for so long now you must have developed quite an impressive beard ;)

There's also speculation that Trump's virus is a hoax as it's unclear that our Lizard Men overlords can even catch it :smirk:
If Meadows says he was in poor shape Friday (high fever, oxygen levels plummeted), I'd be willing to bet it was actually worse, since he sucks at telling the truth. Taking an experimental antibody treatment not yet approved by the FDA is another red flag. He may be improving now, as they claim. Who knows?

I hope Trump makes a full recovery. I also hope he suffers in the meantime. Just desserts for being a dumbass.

Octavious

#26 Post by Octavious » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:47 pm

orathaic wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:26 pm
@Oct, there sure is such conspiracy theories, that Trump is faking it to avoid debating Biden, and to distract from his terrible 'debate' performance and his latest tax fraud revelations... But I was not giving such crud any notice.
To be honest, mate, you're sounding a lot like the moon landing conspiracy nut who claims he must be rational because he doesn't believe the world is flat.

Still, at least you're not one of the suffering fetishists like jamie and Matticus. It's amazing how many lefties turn out to be secret hang 'em, flog' em types when roused.

Matticus13

#27 Post by Matticus13 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Leftist? I don't think being socially liberal makes me a leftist, but OK. I am probably further to the right on several issues than you are, Oct (gun rights, healthcare, and so on).

I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for someone who constantly ignores and berates his own advisors about COVID-19. If he suffers, perhaps he'll gain some useful perspective; make his potential next term even more successful than his first. I have my doubts, of course.

Randomizer

#28 Post by Randomizer » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:39 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-mocked-sig ... 23761.html
Trump hard at work signing blank piece of paper. Now they can add an executive order to it at a later date when Trump is unable to sign it.

Octavious

#29 Post by Octavious » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:07 pm

Matticus13 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 pm
Leftist? I don't think being socially liberal makes me a leftist, but OK. I am probably further to the right on several issues than you are, Oct (gun rights, healthcare, and so on).
I am a strong supporter of centre right ideals such as free healthcare for all at the point of use, abortion rights, and robust gun controls. As it happens they also happen to be centre left ideals, making the concept of being to the right or the left of them somewhat puzzling. In much of the world they are not left/right issues.

Trump's philosophy on Covid-19 seems largely clear and rational. That the economic damage and unintended consequences of fighting the virus can be of greater harm than the virus itself, so it is better to accept a higher risk of infection in order to maintain a closer to normal life and overall lower risk of harm. It may well not be the best strategy, but until the virus is long behind us it will be impossible to assess what the best strategy was.

The result of Trump's infection won't make a jot of difference to whether he's right or not, of course, but in terms of appearances it will be massive. If Trump fights off the infection and returns to work in a couple of weeks it will be very much in step with the Trump narrative. If he has a harder time of it, it will lend its support firmly to the more cautious of covid narrative favoured by Biden. Regardless, I wish him well.

taylor4

#30 Post by taylor4 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm

Bannon planned 4 it!?
Last edited by taylor4 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taylor4

#31 Post by taylor4 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:14 pm

The doctor at the microphone is an osteopathic doctor.
He's talking about POTUS discharge Monday.
Outside experts have doubts

Randomizer

#32 Post by Randomizer » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:21 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/interesting- ... 29981.html
Hype over common sense. Trump risked infecting others in order to wave to his cultists. He doesn't care about anyone but himself.

@Octavious - Considering all of Trump's business failures (5 bankruptcies and too many to count money losing businesses) and failure to understand how a tariff works, Trump is the worst person to decide economic policy. I'm sure the economy will thrive with a larger number of dead customers, overwhelmed healthcare system, and having the world close its borders to US travelers (extreme sarcasm). At least the funeral industry would have a record year, but some funeral homes were already unable to cope with their greater influx of customers and just stored them in refrigerated trucks. Besides the dead are only one time customers and not repeat business.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#33 Post by flash2015 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:38 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:01 pm
To make the forum more fun you responded to a thread about an old man getting sick with a skull emoji? I'm still kind of hoping I'm missing something here.
It is all well and good to try and claim the high moral ground here...but do you seriously believe that if the shoe had been on the other foot and Biden had got sick instead of Trump, Trump and his allies would not have been mocking him mercilessly?

Trump has been mocking Biden constantly about being supposedly senile...or claiming that Biden is on drugs. In the debate Trump mocked Biden for wearing his mask too much. He mocked the health of Hillary in 2016 when she was sick with pneumonia. He mocked McCain for getting captured in Vietnam. And I am just scratching the surface of all the stuff he has said.

Given all the nonsense that has gone on in the last four years, I am seeing remarkable restraint by most people to not stoop to his level.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#34 Post by jmo1121109 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:31 am

Octavious wrote:
To make the forum more fun you responded to a thread about an old man getting sick with a skull emoji? I'm still kind of hoping I'm missing something here.
You :troll:

^see, they make the forum more fun.

Octavious

#35 Post by Octavious » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:57 am

President Eden was spot on about you

Octavious

#36 Post by Octavious » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:05 am

flash2015 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:38 pm
It is all well and good to try and claim the high moral ground here...but do you seriously believe that if the shoe had been on the other foot and Biden had got sick instead of Trump, Trump and his allies would not have been mocking him mercilessly?
In what sense is that at all relevant to anything? You're defining what's morally acceptable based on the actions of people you despise now? Is that how low you've sunk? Trump is a miserable wretch of a human, and your response to that is to give the green light to everyone else to join him? Pathetic.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#37 Post by orathaic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:00 am

In fairness, Trump's policy on not closing the economy might be reasonable, but when wearing a mask has been shown (in two case studies in the US) to greatly reduce the severity of infection (you still get infected, but 95% were asymptomatic when forced by their employer to wear masks before any outbreak occurred, also provided with masks by the employer) - given this, Trump's anti-mask stance puts himself and his supporters at risk for Zero economic gain.

If you want the economy open, you should actually be pro-mask. Trump choosing to put his own life in danger and risking those staff around him is rather disgusting. And I for one don't see how you can fail to see the personal irrational risk taking as entirely analogous to the economy wide risk taking and disregard for human life.

Jamiet99uk

#38 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:16 am

jmo1121109 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:31 am
Octavious wrote:
You :troll:

^see, they make the forum more fun.
:octavious:

Aw, Jmo, help, it doesn't work.

Octavious

#39 Post by Octavious » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:17 am

orathaic wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:00 am
In fairness, Trump's policy on not closing the economy might be reasonable, but when wearing a mask has been shown (in two case studies in the US) to greatly reduce the severity of infection (you still get infected, but 95% were asymptomatic when forced by their employer to wear masks before any outbreak occurred, also provided with masks by the employer) - given this, Trump's anti-mask stance puts himself and his supporters at risk for Zero economic gain.

If you want the economy open, you should actually be pro-mask. Trump choosing to put his own life in danger and risking those staff around him is rather disgusting. And I for one don't see how you can fail to see the personal irrational risk taking as entirely analogous to the economy wide risk taking and disregard for human life.
By two whole case studies? Is that the bar of scientific proof you're accepting now? It is incredibly tempting to get enthusiastically behind that idea, and truth be told I've heard similar things from a number of sources, so there may well be some truth in it. And if we can establish whether it is indeed true then the potential benefits have the potential to be hugely rewarding. Giving low risk groups low level infections could result in vast numbers being effectively immunized without the need for vaccines, which would rapidly accelerate the achievement of heard immunity. Universities starting up may well provide some real world data on this in short order. But, as it stands, we are a long way from knowing anything. We need far better studies before we can jump on board this particular ship.

Also, I am pro-mask. In order to get the economy moving you need the population to be active, and leaving the millions of more timid millions of society at home will not achieve that. Wearing a mask, regardless of what it actually does regarding coronavirus, helps give many of these timid millions enough confidence to get off their arses and actually do something, and that is vital.

What I am against is draconian mask wearing, such as when outdoors, or putting pressure on people who should be exempt to wear masks. Only last weak I had to comfort a man who suffered badly from anxiety who was physically shaking out of fear of being demonised for not wearing a mask, even though he was perfectly within his rights not to because of a variety of medical reasons.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#40 Post by flash2015 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:27 pm

Octavious wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:05 am
flash2015 wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:38 pm
In what sense is that at all relevant to anything? You're defining what's morally acceptable based on the actions of people you despise now? Is that how low you've sunk? Trump is a miserable wretch of a human, and your response to that is to give the green light to everyone else to join him? Pathetic.
You are such a :troll: with your fake outrage. At least from the threads I have seen you have never cared about all the really nasty stuff that Trump has said. You wave it away as not important even though it is said by one of the most powerful people in the world, a leader, a person that sets the tone for political debate, a person that people look up to to set an example for proper behaviour.

But now you are outraged, OUTRAGED over a symbol! Please, give us a break...