Republican Vote fraud

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Randomizer

Republican Vote fraud

#1 Post by Randomizer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 am

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-ma ... 45364.html
Trump committed felony vote fraud by using an illegal address for his Florida voter registration. After getting rejected for claiming his current Washington, D. C. address, he used a commercial business address. He then voted in March using fraudulent registration.

His current press secretary also claimed Florida residency with a New Jersey driver's license. Washington job, and parent's address instead of her "Florida home."

Randomizer

Re: Republican Vote fraud

#2 Post by Randomizer » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:55 am

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-ma ... 24317.html
Florida Republican election board stretches law to validate Trump's registration by comparing him to homeless voter living under a bridge. No mention about the length of time per year to live in a state, driver's license, or other things required to be a resident.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#3 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:23 am

I don't know why they're putting focus on McEnany, she actually owns a home in Tampa. Also "resident" is a really loose term, especially in the eyes of voting laws in most states. Drivers licenses aren't a factor.

Randomizer

#4 Post by Randomizer » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:03 pm

Driver's licenses are considered proof of residency in most states.

Residency has specific terms in Republican states in order to purge Democrat voters. The last two presidential elections have seen people filing provisional ballots because they voted in different polling places than where their states had them registered and then having those votes discarded.

McEnany affirms that her parent's home was where she resided instead of her own nearby house. Where you get to vote is based on where you reside. Florida and almost all states threw out thousands of voter eligibilities because people moved and didn't update their registrations.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#5 Post by TrPrado » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:35 pm

Driver's licenses are A proof but they are not required to get a registration. The registration itself is also a proof that you can show at a polling place. Residency is also not that specific, and to my knowledge the most typical reason for someone to get purged is they haven't voted in a while (it's either that or they were convicted of a felony, I would imagine mass incarceration and the simultaneous removal of voting rights would have a significant impact on the voting population).

Randomizer

#6 Post by Randomizer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:20 pm

From the Florida voter registration site:
https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for ... formation/
To vote you must be a resident of Florida. This has been defined as considering yourself mentally to be living there.

However in a recent call to governors, Trump said that,
"I live in Manhattan,”
This was accepted into evidence in a New York court case to define his residency for jurisdiction. So Trump is illegally voting in a state he doesn't consider his home.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-rape-a ... 19201.html

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7 Post by orathaic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Just because New York thinks Trump lives there, doesn't mean Florida can't also think that, at least for votin purposes, unless he votes in both places?

I don't know how the law works in the US, but i'm sure there are companies which Ireland thinks are registered in Holland, and Holland thinks are tax resident in Ireland, and as a result pay next to no taxes for their EU operations. (of course the EU has said the Apple owe the Irish tax payer 14 Billion, perversely Ireland disagrees...)

Randomizer

#8 Post by Randomizer » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:49 pm

It's not what New York and Florida think, but what Trump swore under oath when applying to vote. He claimed to be a Florida resident while still believing he was a New York resident. The New York case, by Trump's lawyers agreeing that Trump is a New York resident showed that Trump doesn't consider his residence in Florida. That was just a tax evasion change of registration.

However since Republicans control the Florida voter system, it's not likely he will be charged with the felony of false registration and perjury.

hooligannon

#9 Post by hooligannon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:28 pm

This thread is mostly bullshit.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#10 Post by orathaic » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:56 pm

hooligannon wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:28 pm
Which facts are you calling into question? Does the republican party NOT control Florida voter registration?

hooligannon

#11 Post by hooligannon » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:26 pm

orathaic wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:56 pm
hooligannon wrote:
Which facts are you calling into question? Does the republican party NOT control Florida voter registration?
We could start with your first post in which you sited huffpost as an authority. That on its own is enough to cause speculation as to whether or not your stance is bullshit. Also, I’m an American who has not lived in the state or address of my legal home of residents for six years. I vote and pay taxes to that state. It is completely legal.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#12 Post by TrPrado » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:51 pm

hooligannon wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:26 pm
orathaic wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:56 pm
hooligannon wrote:
We could start with your first post in which you sited huffpost as an authority. That on its own is enough to cause speculation as to whether or not your stance is bullshit. Also, I’m an American who has not lived in the state or address of my legal home of residents for six years. I vote and pay taxes to that state. It is completely legal.
That wasn't orathaic's post, but yeah you're correct since residency is pretty exclusively a matter of property, and living at a property is considered on equal grounds as owning or renting one. The only relevant question of the matter at hand is the legal designation of Mar-a-Lago.