Trump proclaims himself "King of Israel", and "Second Coming of God"

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Jamiet99uk

Trump proclaims himself "King of Israel", and "Second Coming of God"

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:29 pm

Do you agree?

Jamiet99uk

Re: Trump proclaims himself "King of Israel", and "Second Coming of God"

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:35 pm

He also proclaimed himself "The Chosen One"

Source:
https://news.sky.com/story/king-of-isra ... e-11790898

(Note to non-UK readers: Sky News is a right-wing pro-conservative news channel, this is not a "libtard" source)

Randomizer

#3 Post by Randomizer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Trumpy retweet a right wing conspiracist site that praised him. It's nice to know we are in the end of days as #Antichrist is trending upwards.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4 Post by orathaic » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:40 pm

Do you have the tweet/video? I do not agree.

Octavious

#5 Post by Octavious » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Note to non-UK readers: Sky News is not a right wing pro-conservative news channel. Although, in fairness, pretty much everything looks right wing when you're as far left as Jamie. ;)

Octavious

#7 Post by Octavious » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Ah, so Trump didn't do any of those things. Fair enough.

Jamiet99uk

#8 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:05 am

Octavious wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:03 pm
Ah, so Trump didn't do any of those things. Fair enough.
What?

Yes he did.

He directly referred to himself as the "Chosen One", that's s documented fact, first of all.

Secondly he drew attention to an extreme right wing nut calling him " King of Israel" and "Second Coming of God", and proceeded to create his own tweets reposting word for word those descriptions of himself. This, again, is fact.

But Octavious does not care for facts. This is well established.

Jamiet99uk

#9 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:10 am

Trump is also spreading the vile, deeply anti-Semitic trope of the self-serving Jew, by repeatedly claiming that any Jewish person who votes Democrat is "disloyal" and "weak" and "a traitor" who "hates Israel".

This idea that Jewish people must tow the Israeli line at all times or be seen as a traitor to Judaism is deeply, offensively, horrifyingly anti-Semitic.

Jamiet99uk

#10 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:10 am

Fucking autocorrect

*self hating Jew

(Not self serving)

Jamiet99uk

#11 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 am

So Donald Trump is an anti-Semitic racist who believes he should be treated as a God.

This is more than just the " general direction of the truth " , Oct, and that used to be good enough for you if it justified a baseless attack on anyone on the left. This is a depiction of Trump based on his actual words, his actual tweets, actual facts.

I'm sorry you don't like facts that disturb your right wing worldview, but there we go.

Octavious

#12 Post by Octavious » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:27 am

Good Lord, Jamie, are you still deliberately trying to misunderstand that? That's a truly impressive set of self imposed blinkers.

All I have seen are tweets of Trump in which he's quoting a (I assume well known) arse licker, as Trump often does. That is not the same as proclaiming himself king of Israel. It is you, once again, who are lying.

Much as you were lying in your comments about Sky News, although I put that down as an example of being blinded by your left wing bias rather than a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Octavious

#13 Post by Octavious » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:53 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 am
This is more than just the " general direction of the truth " , Oct, and that used to be good enough for you if it justified a baseless attack on anyone on the left. This is a depiction of Trump based on his actual words, his actual tweets, actual facts.
Let's try explaining this point yet again, as you're clearly struggling with it.

When your mummy told you that you were the best son a mother could have, this was a lie, and can be clearly proven by an exercise of statistics and witness statements from people who know you. However it was told in the general direction of the greater truth that she loved you very much. (Several assumptions have been made here, but all fair I think).

When a far right politician says that allowing immigrants into the country results in more crime, this is a truth, and again can be easily proven. But in this case the truth is told in the general direction of the greater lie that immigration is fundamentally bad.

This is really basic stuff, Jamie. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#14 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Octavious wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:27 am
Good Lord, Jamie, are you still deliberately trying to misunderstand that? That's a truly impressive set of self imposed blinkers.

All I have seen are tweets of Trump in which he's quoting a (I assume well known) arse licker, as Trump often does. That is not the same as proclaiming himself king of Israel. It is you, once again, who are lying.

Much as you were lying in your comments about Sky News, although I put that down as an example of being blinded by your left wing bias rather than a deliberate attempt to mislead.
Shouldn't a president take at least some responsibility for what they say or what they publish though? Should "thuthiness" really be the new standard for political discourse?

Randomizer

#15 Post by Randomizer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Octavious wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:53 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 am
Let's try explaining this point yet again, as you're clearly struggling with it.

When your mummy told you that you were the best son a mother could have, this was a lie, and can be clearly proven by an exercise of statistics and witness statements from people who know you. However it was told in the general direction of the greater truth that she loved you very much. (Several assumptions have been made here, but all fair I think).

When a far right politician says that allowing immigrants into the country results in more crime, this is a truth, and again can be easily proven. But in this case the truth is told in the general direction of the greater lie that immigration is fundamentally bad.

This is really basic stuff, Jamie. It's not that hard a concept to grasp.
Really Octavious I thought you were smarter. It has been shown that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes and that they are less serious than US citizens.

https://oxfordre.com/criminology/view/1 ... 64079-e-93

When you look at violent crimes especially mass shootings, they are almost always caused by native born white citizens.

This country would be worse off without immigrants with about 45% of Fortune 500 companies founded by immigrants or their children:

https://www.newsweek.com/immigrant-foun ... dp-1450498

If we had better screening of immigrants like Trump wants, then his grandfather might have never been allowed here. So I'm all for better screening.

Octavious

#16 Post by Octavious » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Randomizer wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:34 pm
Really Octavious I thought you were smarter. It has been shown that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes and that they are less serious than US citizens.
I suggest you read what I wrote again, Randomizer. None of the stuff you've followed up with contradicts what I said in the slightest.

Octavious

#17 Post by Octavious » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:27 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:18 pm
Shouldn't a president take at least some responsibility for what they say or what they publish though? Should "thuthiness" really be the new standard for political discourse?
People time and time again mistake me for a Trump supporter. If I had the ability to vote in US elections I would never have voted for Trump. I can't imagine any circumstances in which I would be tempted to vote for Trump. I happen to think his style of leadership via Twitter is appalling. But he's clearly a highly intelligent man, and I'm not going to pretend he has said things he hasn't said.

Randomizer

#18 Post by Randomizer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:20 am

"When a far right politician says that allowing immigrants into the country results in more crime, this is a truth, and again can be easily proven. But in this case the truth is told in the general direction of the greater lie that immigration is fundamentally bad."

This is not a truth unless you are Trump, who can't distinguish truth from fantasy. It is only a truth if you think having more people in the country will result in more crime. If that is the premise than you need more birth control and abortions to reduce the population and thereby reduce the chances of crime.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#19 Post by flash2015 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:42 am

Octavious wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:27 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:18 pm
People time and time again mistake me for a Trump supporter. If I had the ability to vote in US elections I would never have voted for Trump. I can't imagine any circumstances in which I would be tempted to vote for Trump. I happen to think his style of leadership via Twitter is appalling. But he's clearly a highly intelligent man, and I'm not going to pretend he has said things he hasn't said.
Don't you see though that this is a continuation of what he said a couple of days ago...that Jews were either "ignorant or disloyal" if they don't vote Republican? I don't believe he is dumb either...he is deliberately targeting these tweets to fire up a subset of his base. I don't know why we give him a pass here because he is quoting someone else - if he tweets it, he owns it.

Octavious

#20 Post by Octavious » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:22 pm

Randomizer wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:20 am
"When a far right politician says that allowing immigrants into the country results in more crime, this is a truth, and again can be easily proven. But in this case the truth is told in the general direction of the greater lie that immigration is fundamentally bad."

This is not a truth unless you are Trump, who can't distinguish truth from fantasy. It is only a truth if you think having more people in the country will result in more crime. If that is the premise than you need more birth control and abortions to reduce the population and thereby reduce the chances of crime.
I genuinely can't work out if you're being deliberately dense or you're sincere... :?