Celebration of America

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Celebration of America

#221 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Stressedlines wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:21 pm
random, I am not gonna comment on mnost of the other items, cuz it seems like a shit slinging contest, but honestly until the VA gets fixed, I am not okay with the government becoming involvd in another healthcare management program

I am not happy with the private right now, but as someone who uses the VA a lot, its a steaming pile of dogshit
Why do you think the VA was shit? Was it underfunded? Bad management? Other reason(s)?

ND

#222 Post by ND » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:53 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:35 pm
Stressedlines wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:21 pm
random, I am not gonna comment on mnost of the other items, cuz it seems like a shit slinging contest, but honestly until the VA gets fixed, I am not okay with the government becoming involvd in another healthcare management program

I am not happy with the private right now, but as someone who uses the VA a lot, its a steaming pile of dogshit
Why do you think the VA was shit? Was it underfunded? Bad management? Other reason(s)?
I'll be responding a lot to the drivel of Flash and Rando tonight. However, I'll start with this. It was poor because Obama didn't care and doesn't care about our veterans and he ruined it. Trump fixed the VA though. It was Obama's fault.

Randomizer

#223 Post by Randomizer » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:30 pm

"Trump fixed the VA though. It was Obama's fault."

From what I've read the VA was bad before Obama and hasn't improved under Trump. All Trump's done is tried to transfer money from the existing system to private companies without fixing anything. Even controlling Congress and the President it took until after the mid term election to pass legislation. Even worse Trump's continued the practice of closing cases so veterans have to refile from the start to reduce the case load.

From
https://www.modernhealthcare.com/govern ... ogram-june

Congress did not appropriate additional money for the new program, though the VA says it has sufficient funding for 2019.

“These increased costs for Community Care will likely come at the expense of the VA’s direct system of care,” a group of Democratic senators led by Montana Sen. Jon Tester warned in January.

Stressedlines

#224 Post by Stressedlines » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:43 am

ND, stop that was a pile of shit before Obama also It has gotten a little better in the past couple of years, at least here locally We have group pain therapy classes we didn't have before, we get free swimming passes to the YMCA now for those of us with bad knees (I have a pass there already, so it didn't help me, but my fellow vets get to take advantage of this)

We also have a nutritionist who schedules regular meetings with us, to make sure we are trying to eat right, and giving us a path we can follow

Now, for the bad...

I went in last month for an eyeglass appointment...feb something 2020....wtf is that shit? I just went and paid out of pocket, but many of these guys and gals cant. 8 god damn months for eye glasses?

Im on a 2 year waiting list for a knee replacement that I was trying to get for a long time BEFORE that cuz my knee got wrecked in the service like ….forever ago?

I aint ready to give the government that type of control Sorry, they suck at this one, and medicare...piss on em

Stressedlines

#225 Post by Stressedlines » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:47 am

Flash, its awful man I have to see a shrink for combat PTSD, she is pitiful She has this amazing ability to patronize all of her patients

Ill give you my personal example, but I have heard others from other guys (yes we talk, fuck their confidentiality)

So, she asked me what I do I told her I didn't work hard to find something for me (my wife owns a business I do participate in)

next question "maybe you should have went to college". this was more of a statement

I did maam

Oh, how nice, did you get an associates/…

uhh, no, I got a Masters degree actually, it was the one reason I went to the Army

Oh, did youg et it online?

not sure hwo this is relevant to PTSD, but no, I got it from a Big ten school, why?

its in my fucking file you nasty coochie.

This is what we get to deal with...its fucking amazing

ND

#226 Post by ND » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:19 am

Well sorry it hasn't gotten much better than Stressed. I thought Trump tried to fix it.

ND

#227 Post by ND » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:21 am

“So do you call public schools Marxist as well?” No. Because, in America, the parents have choice. They can home school and their are private schools. I do believe the government has some responsibilities such as basic services and defending the nation. The crux of the argument seems to be should the government provide everything? (marxist) Or, should individual citizens have some individual responsibility (sensible). I never said that everyone who disagrees with me wants the US to become like Soviet Russia or North Korea, but following a strict Marxist playbook, playing with identity politics, making some citizens second class, giving some citizens advantages over others, not enforcing the law, not enforcing the border, etc all of these coupled with extreme Marxist economic policies would make the US more like those places and all of those things are what the far-left, cultural Marxists, and Marxists want.

“Did you even read the article?”

Yeah, but if those advances don’t happen they will probably just pass further bills outlawing it. These people are nuts and want to make everyone poor while they and their cronies become the oligarchy. No. Building infrastructure is not Marxist.

I am glad we agree some on the farm issue. That’s good.

“Governments ALWAYS are intervening in Markets.” I don’t think that the government has a right or place to intervene in the Market. Sure, the government prohibits hardcore drugs right now. I don’t think the government should. I don’t think the government should phase out tobacco industry. My state recently raised the smoking age to 21. I think that is a big mistake. Citizens should be allowed to make their own choices. If they can vote or be drafted (if you are a male, but women should be drafted too -equal rights and all-) then they should be able to smoke or drink at 18. Heck, I’m for government deregulation of all drugs. So, I am against all government intervention in the market economy. I guess you found one area I am “liberal” on.

“You really are insane.” Who is the leader? The leader of the Global Warming conspiracy? To my knowledge there is no leader. The people making millions, probably billions, of dollars off of it know that it is fake. The scientists get grant money to investigate it. That money goes to their program and enriches them. The politicians on the left get to call for more regulation (which is their aim) and fundraise off of it (again enriching them). It’s just a scam for people at the top to get rich off the backs of poor, ignorant, fools willing to throw money at an imaginary issue. I feel sorry for the people who buy into it. The big, public leaders of the Global Warming Myth have private jets, multiple mansions, etc (see Al Gore). They don’t give AF. They only care how much money they can get from the ignorant fools to fuel their jets or put another payment on a house. The whole myth starting with green-communism in the 70s in the Soviet Union. It got picked up in the West and eventually the smart politicians on the left realized they could get rich off of it.

@Randomizer: Sure, the US government has nationalized industries before. As I said before, I don’t believe that the government should intervene in any sector of the economy. I am totally against that.

Stressedlines

#228 Post by Stressedlines » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Nd. The government must intervene or else it will be ugly

100 percent capitalism is as bad as 100% communism

There must be regulations and such.

ND

#229 Post by ND » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:20 pm

Meh

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#230 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:27 am

@Stressed, I am sorry you had to deal with that. That is awful.

Stressedlines

#231 Post by Stressedlines » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 am

Flash. It's why I have no faith in the government to produce even a functional result that wont cost 20 xs motorist me, I hate how insurance is now but the va....fuck that

Stressedlines

#232 Post by Stressedlines » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:47 am

@nd

It is somewhat better but the core of it still blows. Its rotten and people enriching themselves on the walking corpses of men and women who other enriched themselves on before that

There is some small changes that seem.to be a small ray of hope but it's awful

When I had surgery not so long ago I was in my room waiting for dr

Dr comes in starts telling me I'll be ok then calls michael. My name ain't michael...

Its not? What's your ssn?

No. 123 45 6689

Oh. This ain't your chart

/facepalm. I never could find out what procedure 'michael was gonna have