Celebration of America

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
ND

Re: Celebration of America

#81 Post by ND » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Jamiet is really dumb unfortunately. And no they aren't concentration camps. Yes @Stressed. And no, Trump didn't give money for prisoners. President O gave Iran a bunch of cash for stuff though.

Stressedlines

#82 Post by Stressedlines » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:09 pm

I knew it was their money but I'm still unsure why it was unfrozen since it didnt stoo them

Fluminator

#83 Post by Fluminator » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:07 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:15 pm

But its literally what is happening. Migrant children are being kept in cages in concentration camps. It is a real event which is actually taking place.

ND claims to care about unborn foetuses but doesn't give a shit about these children becuase they aren't white. Sick.
You realize abortion kills minorities at a much higher rate than white people, right?
Heck, planned parenthood was literally founded to kill unborn black babies.

So implying ND is racist because of that makes you look really dumb.
That's an excellent piece of misdirectional what-aboutery, bravo.
You were the one who brought up abortion buddy.

Fluminator

#84 Post by Fluminator » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:15 pm

I'm confused why the world is suddenly outraged over America about these border camps, when Guantanamo Bay has existed for a very long time which is still worse.

Carl Tuckerson

#85 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:07 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:15 pm

But its literally what is happening. Migrant children are being kept in cages in concentration camps. It is a real event which is actually taking place.

ND claims to care about unborn foetuses but doesn't give a shit about these children becuase they aren't white. Sick.
You realize abortion kills minorities at a much higher rate than white people, right?
Heck, planned parenthood was literally founded to kill unborn black babies.

So implying ND is racist because of that makes you look really dumb.
That's an excellent piece of misdirectional what-aboutery, bravo.
This is peak bad faith argumentation.

ND

#86 Post by ND » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:15 pm
I'm confused why the world is suddenly outraged over America about these border camps, when Guantanamo Bay has existed for a very long time which is still worse.
because of muh 'Trump'

Jamiet99uk

#87 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:10 pm
You were the one who brought up abortion buddy.
Uh, no. ND did, in his opening post.

Jamiet99uk

#88 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:44 pm

Fluminator wrote:
How many infants are being held in cages in Guantanamo Bay?

Randomizer

#89 Post by Randomizer » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:58 pm

ND wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:08 pm
Jamiet is really dumb unfortunately. And no they aren't concentration camps. Yes @Stressed. And no, Trump didn't give money for prisoners. President O gave Iran a bunch of cash for stuff though.
There you go again relating Trump's fake news about Obama.
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/obama ... n-in-cash/

Trump offered money for a North Korean prisoner, but like some of his business deals he didn't pay.

From Google, the definition of concentration camp:

con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.

ND

#90 Post by ND » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:52 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:44 pm
Fluminator wrote:
How many infants are being held in cages in Guantanamo Bay?
Zero and there are Zero infants being held in cages anywhere in the U.S. the only people who want to cage and murder infants and children are the Democratic party whether that is a post-birth abortion (look up Ralph Northam statements) or abortion during pregnancy (pretty much all dems are sick and support the murder of children).

ND

#91 Post by ND » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 am

Randomizer wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:58 pm
ND wrote:
There you go again relating Trump's fake news about Obama.
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/obama ... n-in-cash/

Trump offered money for a North Korean prisoner, but like some of his business deals he didn't pay.

From Google, the definition of concentration camp:

con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.

@Rando

These link's you post are wrong. Factcheck is a liberal, pro-Obama, source. I don't care wtf "factcheck" has to say. Yes, Obama paid Iran a bunch of cash that was unloaded off a military cargo plane. Stop citing these ridiculous liberal sources.

Trump never paid North Korea anything. Obama paid Iran. Big difference. Trump doesn't negotiate with terrorists. Obama does.

And I don't care what Google says a concentration camp is. It's not what is happening on the border. Anyone who believes that is just an ignorant and utterly clueless individual. To compare processing centers to a Nazi style concentration camp is ridiculous and by saying it you lose all credibility in the debate.

Randomizer

#92 Post by Randomizer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:27 am

I didn't compare what is happening at the border to Nazi style concentration camps. What I did say was I agreed with the generally accepted definition. As someone who had family members held and died in Nazi camps, I feel I know better how the process went from detainment to death camps than you do. They didn't start out initially as places where people were killed. Just like in the US, if you or your family had enough money, then you could get out of them. I hope more people don't die in the US concentration camps.

The government's own investigated groups reported before the Congressional committee members went there that children were being held there in cages, unsanitary medical conditions, and for longer than government regulations and court decisions allow. That you chose to believe Trump, who is a proven liar, instead of independent and government reports shows how much you are a member of his cult of personality.

Jamiet99uk

#93 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:54 am

ND wrote:
Jamiet is really dumb unfortunately.
For the record, not that anyone's keeping score, but I have two Master's degrees and I'm just starting a Ph.D, but sure, I'm really dumb. How unfortunate for me.

Jamiet99uk

#94 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:57 am

And if you think a camp where children are imprisoned in cages and denied adequate medical facilities or nutrition is not a concentration camp, I don't know what to say to you, because that's exactly what it is.

Octavious

#95 Post by Octavious » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:28 am

Between late 2016 and 2017, Italy and other EU member states, intent on reducing arrivals to European shores, have implemented measures aimed at closing off the migratory route through Libya and across the central Mediterranean. Such measures were stepped up on 2 February 2017, when the Italian government
and Libya’s Government of National Accord concluded a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which was fully integrated in the Malta Declaration adopted by the members of the European Council the following day.

Italy and other EU member states have committed to provide technical support and assistance to Libyan authorities responsible for the management of detention centres where refugees and migrants are held. They have enabled the LCG to intercept increasing numbers of people at sea and take them back to Libya, where they are placed in detention centres.

In Lybia's detention centres, women, men and children are subjected to unlawful and indefinite detention, without access to any judicial oversight or remedy. They are held in horrific conditions which amount to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment under international law due to profound overcrowding, lack of access to medical care and inadequate nutrition. And they are systematically exposed to torture and other ill-treatment, including sexual violence and severe beatings, and extortion. They are also at times killed or left to die after being tortured, exploited, abused, or sold on for forced labour and other forms of exploitation to other militias, armed groups or criminal gangs.

The full report is LIBYA’S DARK WEB OF COLLUSION. ABUSES AGAINST EUROPE-BOUND REFUGEES AND MIGRANTS by amnesty international, if anyone is interested.

Jamiet99uk

#96 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:54 am

That's horrible and awful, Octavious.

I guess the difference in the context of this thread is that nobody is claiming Libya is "leading the way in providing civil rights, emancipation, suffrage, and promoting equality of all."

The West's devastating, murderous intervention in Libya is yet another indictment of the complete failure of the notion that western nations can impose democracy on foreign nations by blowing them up and murdering tens of thousands of people. It didn't work in Libya, it didn't work in Iraq, it isn't working in Syria and we'd better not think it will work in Iran.

Murderous western military intervention is a great evil and must stop.

Stressedlines

#97 Post by Stressedlines » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:55 am

Dont fit the narrative so it isnt worth reading. Lol

Jamiet99uk

#98 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:03 am

Stressedlines wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:55 am
Dont fit the narrative so it isnt worth reading. Lol
What?

Stressedlines

#99 Post by Stressedlines » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:17 am

That wasnt for you

Octavious

#100 Post by Octavious » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:50 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:54 am
I guess the difference in the context of this thread is that nobody is claiming Libya is "leading the way in providing civil rights, emancipation, suffrage, and promoting equality of all."
You say that, but it's damned near impossible to open up social media these days without reading some nonsense posted by an overly enthusiastic Remainer extolling the virtues of the EU's human rights record and saying we're holier than thou. The point of the post was not to highlight that Libya is a shithole, but to highlight the fact that they are doing it at our bidding. Those camps in Libya are just as much ours as if they were in Rome or Marseilles. The European Union's immigration policy is one of detention facilities that make the ones in the US look like Butlins, and a sea full of thousands of dead bodies.

When we criticise America it's like Saudi Arabia criticising Turkey's treatment of women.