Trumptoad announces the start of his re~election campaign

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Trumptoad announces the start of his re~election campaign

#1 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:42 am

Will Trumptoad Make America Grovel (to obscene Dictators & China) Again in a second term as POTUS?

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Trumptoad announces the start of his re~election campaign

#2 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Will seventeen months of campaigning by Trumptoad be enough?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:39 pm

In a word, yes

Randomizer

#4 Post by Randomizer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Will he ever stop campaigning since he clearly isn't doing much as president?

CLRJames

#5 Post by CLRJames » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:00 am

This thread makes you seem like a resistance wine-mom. It’s not a good look. But yeah, him and his Proud Boy fan club shit up my city yesterday.

MajorMitchell

#6 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:26 am

Randomizer, you have not been paying attention to Trumptoad, he has declared himself to be the greatest President of all the POTUSs. Abe Lincoln was apparently a dilletante in comparison to Trumptoad.

Octavious

#7 Post by Octavious » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:30 am

Has Trumped been grovelling to China? I must have missed that.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8 Post by peterlund » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:23 am

I just hope that this sad chapter in American history comes to an end soon.

MajorMitchell

#9 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Perhaps you were not watching what Trump has been doing then Octavious, ramping up a trade war confrontation with China then performing a humiliating back down at the recent G20 & trying to spin his retreat as a victory. Has Trumptoad managed to get the Chinese leadership to change any policies? Their position pre "Trumptoad's trade war" and now hasn't changed. Trumptoad is a noisy narcissistic actor, full of noise, fury and posturing, but he achieves nothing of positive substance imho.

MajorMitchell

#10 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:40 am

Something perhaps more disturbing than Trumptoad's racist & sexist attack on four very capable, hardworking Democrat lady Members of Congress elected by their constituents & his lack of respect for the democratic process is that there will be people who support his latest outrageous slurs.

Octavious

#11 Post by Octavious » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 pm

I've been a little confused by the latest controversy. I read his comments on the matter and he didn't say what he has been reported to have said. To be clear, what he did say was particularly off colour even for Trump, and it would be impossible for someone like him to be unaware that it could be interpreted as racist. Which makes it weird that most media outlets are miss reporting it.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#12 Post by flash2015 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Octavious wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 pm
I've been a little confused by the latest controversy. I read his comments on the matter and he didn't say what he has been reported to have said. To be clear, what he did say was particularly off colour even for Trump, and it would be impossible for someone like him to be unaware that it could be interpreted as racist. Which makes it weird that most media outlets are miss reporting it.
How were they interpreted incorrectly?

Stressedlines

#13 Post by Stressedlines » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:48 pm

I'm also a little lost but so is the world. Everyone trying to out victim the other

They said racist but I didnt see mention of race anywhere in the comments

Octavious

#14 Post by Octavious » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:33 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:14 pm
How were they interpreted incorrectly?
In the British media they were reported as Trump saying "go back where you came from", which has traditionally been a cry uttered by the far right (National Front thugs, the EDL etc) against immigrants, people who resemble immigrants, and people who sound like immigrants. Essentially the message being that they're not welcome and should get out.

Trump's comments is that the targeted politicians should fix the problems of the countries they came from before lecturing on how to fix the US. There are clearly a great many things wrong with this statement, but it is equally clear that it is not the "go back where you came from" type of statement that is being portrayed.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#15 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:36 pm

I disagree. I find it very troublesome when you tell United States citizens of color to go back to where you came from, when in fact they came from the United States.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#16 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 pm

The counties they came from is the United States. The first way you present is the only way to interpret it Octavious

Octavious

#17 Post by Octavious » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:38 pm
The counties they came from is the United States. The first way you present is the only way to interpret it Octavious
Not at all, because the go back where you came from cries of the far right where never followed by "and then come back". It is very much not the same.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#18 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:07 pm

"So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

Sure, he suggests they come back. That suddenly makes it not deplorable?

This is clearly implying that non-white Americans are less American than white Americans. Nobody would ever tell me to go "back to my country" because they wouldn't know what country I came from. My country is the United States because I am white. His statement is dangerous rhetoric that implies they will always from another country instead of being American. Its incredibly nationalistic. He tells people of color to go to countries they aren't even from!

I understand what you are saying about the far-right rhetoric about immigrants, and this is somewhat different. But the undertones are that for some reason people of color in the United States are from other countries, and white people in the United States are from the United States. We could have been born in the same hospital.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#19 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 pm

I'm not one who gets real caught up in the Trump twitter hysteria, but I genuinely believe this is really really dangerous rhetoric.

Randomizer

#20 Post by Randomizer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:41 am

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/politics ... index.html

Trump is playing to his political base and regaining his supporters among the White Supremacists who want to make the country in their image.