The Right's Denial of Climate Change Will Destroy the World

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
principians

Re: The Right's Denial of Climate Change Will Destroy the World

#41 Post by principians » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 pm

Even If It were true that India and China don't care about this... The consequences won't be faced only by China and India.

Why you care whether someone else Cares about something you should care?

Stressedlines

#42 Post by Stressedlines » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:03 am

because, even though I care, and make my own changes, and it appears we as a nation are making changes, they are all moot if China and India don't also

We do happen to live on the same planet

Keep up here. The title of the thread was "The Right's denial of Climate Change.." I was simply stating that isn't true at all

Carl Tuckerson

#43 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:05 am

Especially when those changes have trillion-dollar price tags, as recent American plans like the Green New Deal does, and especially when some of the more crucial policies like gas taxes fall disproportionately on poorer Americans who are already squeezed to the brink.

To many working-class Americans, proposals to "fight climate change" look more like proposals to break their backs while the world still goes to hell. And when leftists instinctively look to kick ordinary Americans while they're down and stick their heads in the sand about the Chinese and Indian contributions to the problem, it's no wonder you can't get people to agree on "settled science."

Maybe if the federal government had bothered to invest any amount of time and effort into restoring public trust in its ability to solve complex problems like climate change, people would be more amenable to sacrificing, within the limits of what they can afford, to fight the problem. No one wants to destroy the planet. But it's not unreasonable to distrust powerful strangers telling you that you are personally responsible for the planet's destruction if you don't accept nebulous proposals involving trillions of dollars going to perhaps the least competently run organization on the planet that will seriously threaten your ability to pay the bills.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#44 Post by flash2015 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:03 am

Stressedlines wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:03 am
because, even though I care, and make my own changes, and it appears we as a nation are making changes, they are all moot if China and India don't also

We do happen to live on the same planet

Keep up here. The title of the thread was "The Right's denial of Climate Change.." I was simply stating that isn't true at all
But China and India ARE taking steps. China is a leader in renewable energy...and India is making a big push too. Repeating again and again that they are not doing anything doesn't make it true.

Vaporwave

#45 Post by Vaporwave » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:09 pm

wish for U.N or an environmental organization to force my country to stop throwing shit everywhere, like imposing severe fines.

I'm just so tired of seeing poop, used tampons, dirty underwear on the street, vomit and animal intestines everywhere.

the entire city is a dumpster, people will throw anything and everything. I'm not sure if this relates in any way with climate change, but still, it's infuriating when we have trash cans and public toilets available in most places yet people always choose to be gross on purpose

I think it's all comes down to mentality. If people are trashy, they will never be changed through reasoning, you gotta impose something that will affect them negatively so that they will willingly change.