Trump White House uses fake video to smear journalist

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Jamiet99uk

Trump White House uses fake video to smear journalist

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:49 am

Is this a new low? Donald Trump's White House team using a crudely faked video to attempt to silence and smear reporter Jim Acosta because he was asking a question the fat orange shit found uncomfortable.

CNN is apparently considering suing the White House. I think they should. This kind of shit is beneath contempt.

GREAT IS THE TRUTH, AND IT SHALL PREVAIL

Jamiet99uk

Re: Trump White House uses fake video to smear journalist

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:47 am

Just to add to this week's list of idiocy from the Pissartist-in-Chief, Trump also doesn't know that the BALTIC and the BALKANS are different places. He accused the leaders of Latvia and Estonia of starting the Yugoslav civil war.

This from a man who claims to have a high IQ.

Stressedlines

#3 Post by Stressedlines » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:54 pm

ok, that's funny isn't his wife from the Former Yugoslavia?

Randomizer

#4 Post by Randomizer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:10 pm

It's just part of Trump's reusing information from other sites that supports his delusions.

Jamiet99uk

#5 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Please, when will Americans wake up and get this asshole impeached, jailed, assassinated or unelected?

leon1122

#6 Post by leon1122 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 am

While I agree that it’s a hilariously huge stretch to call what Acosta did “assault”, he should have been ejected from the White House press pool long ago to give room to someone more worthy of the spot. Ever since President Trump took office, Acosta had been nothing but rude and disrespectful. He yelled questions at Trunp while he was taking a leisurely stroll with Kim Jong-un, intentionally seeking to sabotage the summit. He always hogs the microphone, refusing to let others speak, and he is always comabtatively debating the President during press conferences rather than asking questions like a legitimate journalist should. There was no need to use physical assault as a pretext.

StevenC.
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7 Post by StevenC. » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 pm
Please, when will Americans wake up and get this asshole impeached, jailed, assassinated or unelected?

Assassinated? Are you out of your fucking mind?

Looks like Trump Derangement Syndrome has you firmly in its grips, buddy.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#8 Post by flash2015 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:26 pm

I really don't like Trump's "enemy of the people" speech, but we have to admit John Acosta was being an a**hole. Journalists are there to ask questions, not make speeches. Sure, Trump was lying through his teeth, but John Acosta was changing absolutely zero minds with his antics.

Jamiet99uk

#9 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 pm

StevenC. wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Assassinated? Are you out of your fucking mind?

Looks like Trump Derangement Syndrome has you firmly in its grips, buddy.
Whaaaat?

I'm not necessarily endorsing it, I'm just surprised nobody's had a go yet.

Maybe not enough Americans have guns, I dunno.

Jamiet99uk

#10 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:26 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:26 pm
I really don't like Trump's "enemy of the people" speech, but we have to admit John Acosta was being an a**hole. Journalists are there to ask questions, not make speeches. Sure, Trump was lying through his teeth, but John Acosta was changing absolutely zero minds with his antics.
I don't agree. The US press corps are kittens compared to the way some UK journalists pressure politicians. Trump lies every time he speaks and needs to be held to account. America claims to be a land of free speech but the current White House wants to control the press. No wonder journalists are getting slightly more militant. Good for them.

Great is the truth; it shall prevail. Trump must not.

Randomizer

#11 Post by Randomizer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:34 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/media/cn ... index.html

CNN is suing for reinstatement for Trump violating the Constitution and White House regulations for removing press credentials. Supreme Court has supported CNN's rights in the past.

I guess Trump based his actions on TV's Murphy Brown.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#12 Post by flash2015 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:26 pm
flash2015 wrote:
I don't agree. The US press corps are kittens compared to the way some UK journalists pressure politicians. Trump lies every time he speaks and needs to be held to account. America claims to be a land of free speech but the current White House wants to control the press. No wonder journalists are getting slightly more militant. Good for them.

I am not saying they should be easy on him. Acosta could have handled it much better. For example, when he asked about Trump calling the migrant caravan an invasion, rather than giving a speech telling Trump why he was wrong, he could have asked Trump for clarification "What is your definition of invasion?" and tied him up in knots there. Then he goes on making more statements about Trump demonizing immigrants and was more interested in hearing himself talk, interrupting Trump if he more than said a few words.

Again, the press conference isn't supposed to be a debate. Journalists are there to extract information using intelligent questioning techniques. If they think Trump is lying through his a**, don't TELL everyone he is lying through his a**, let him hang himself through his own words.

Jamiet99uk

#13 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:14 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:06 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:26 pm
flash2015 wrote:

I am not saying they should be easy on him. Acosta could have handled it much better. For example, when he asked about Trump calling the migrant caravan an invasion, rather than giving a speech telling Trump why he was wrong, he could have asked Trump for clarification "What is your definition of invasion?" and tied him up in knots there. Then he goes on making more statements about Trump demonizing immigrants and was more interested in hearing himself talk, interrupting Trump if he more than said a few words.

Again, the press conference isn't supposed to be a debate. Journalists are there to extract information using intelligent questioning techniques. If they think Trump is lying through his a**, don't TELL everyone he is lying through his a**, let him hang himself through his own words.
Yeah but that no longer works. Everyone knows Trump is a liar. Everyone can see Trump is a liar. Trump doesn't care about the truth. His supporters don't care about the truth. They love his lies. They applaud his falsehoods.

Octavious

#14 Post by Octavious » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:35 am

I'm afraid you've allowed Trump to get the better of you, Jamie. He has you, and millions like you, believing a load of absolute nonsense. You then build your anti-Trump strategy based on that nonsense and wonder why you lose :p.

If Trump was caught lying about something his supporters value he will lose support as quickly as anyone else. What won't lose him support is when his lies work in favour of his supporters, or when his lies are about something his supporters couldn't care less about. He has also gained a bizarre reputation for honest straight talking with his not particularly diplomatic comments. If you know Haiti is a bit of a shithole, and Trump says it's a shithole, and the entire Left wing rises as one to say it's not, then Trump is going to appear the honest man in a sea of double talking politicians.

You also have to balance Trump against the narrative told by Democrats and Republicans for decades that globalization and the economic growth from it will benefit all Americans, which to many of America's working class has been the biggest lie of their lives.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#15 Post by flash2015 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:07 pm

@Jamie, the US immigration system is horribly broken and in the past both sides have acknowledged it. The only real difference between the two parties on this was the ratio of carrot (amnesty, improved legal immigration options etc.) vs. stick (enforcement, deportations etc.). Sanctuary cities are not a virtue, they are a workaround acknowledging that running cities with huge illegal immigrant populations becomes impossible if many people are too afraid to interact with police or too afraid to send their kids to school. It is insane that there are effectively designated day labour pickup points in the neighbourhood, that pretty much all contractors (at least in my area) will largely use illegal immigrants as their main labour source.

Democrats and the media have fallen into Trump's trap here. In the way they are reacting to Trump, they are making it appear that they believe there is no immigration issue. This allows Trump and the Republicans to push that democrats believe in "open borders" and to their base it allows them to promote all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories (e.g. democrats are getting illegal immigrants to vote, democrats are encouraging illegal immigrants to come here so that they can outnumber us whites etc.). Remember, winning US elections are about turnout of the base, not about actually convincing anyone in your arguments.

Again the average person not following too closely, listening to Trump say lots of crazy stuff and acknowledging there is a problem and Democrats that pick apart the crazy stuff but make it appear they are saying there is no problem are going to go with Trump. A definition of insanity is keeping on doing the same thing and expecting different results. Whilst Democrats shouldn't let Trump off the hook, the Democrats have got to start activity acknowledging the issue again and start promoting alternative solutions.

Jamiet99uk

#16 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Flash, your comments appear to assume I support your Democrats or something.

I do not. Both major US political parties are corrupt corporate shills totally under the control of the wealthy elite.

Jamiet99uk

#17 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:13 pm

With regard to borders, I put it to you that the main problem immigrant workers pose is that because they have few legal rights, companies can pay them less. This does indeed deprive some low skilled Americans of work.

The solution is not to reduce immigration but to allow the immigrants the same minimum wage rights, thus removing the dis-incentive to hire American-born workers.

The purpose of border security should be to prevent crime from crossing borders, not to ration the movement of ordinary humans.

Kingdroid

#18 Post by Kingdroid » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:20 pm

leon1122 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 am
While I agree that it’s a hilariously huge stretch to call what Acosta did “assault”, he should have been ejected from the White House press pool long ago to give room to someone more worthy of the spot. Ever since President Trump took office, Acosta had been nothing but rude and disrespectful. He yelled questions at Trunp while he was taking a leisurely stroll with Kim Jong-un, intentionally seeking to sabotage the summit. He always hogs the microphone, refusing to let others speak, and he is always comabtatively debating the President during press conferences rather than asking questions like a legitimate journalist should. There was no need to use physical assault as a pretext.
Aren't you a big fan of Tommy Robinson? Don't mind me if I take anything you say about the civility of journalists with a grain of salt.

leon1122

#19 Post by leon1122 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:27 am

Kingdroid wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:20 pm
leon1122 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 am
Aren't you a big fan of Tommy Robinson? Don't mind me if I take anything you say about the civility of journalists with a grain of salt.
As far as I am aware, Tommy Robinson doesn't interview people.

Kingdroid

#20 Post by Kingdroid » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:35 am

ahh so it's only during very specific instances people need to be civil. Other times you can act however you want and you're ok w/ it, no matter their political inclination?