Trump Increases the Swamp

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Randomizer

Trump Increases the Swamp

#1 Post by Randomizer » Wed May 27, 2020 8:18 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/calls-in-congres ... 01096.html

Another former Trump administration member is profiting from a no bid contract to sell fake and contract violation COVID - 19 supplies. As Trump removes more inspector generals whose jobs it is to fight fraud, when will the growing corruption end? How much bigger will he make the Swamp.

This doesn't include Trump's own profits from overcharging the US government.

Randomizer

Re: Trump Increases the Swamp

#2 Post by Randomizer » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:24 am

https://news.yahoo.com/doj-tries-oust-u ... 55312.html

Another questionable firing in SDNY with the investigation into the conduct of Trump's personal attorney, Giuliani, business dealings and failure to register as a foreign agent. This is the second time Trump has removed the head after Barr falsely announced him stepping down.

Randomizer

#3 Post by Randomizer » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:59 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ivanka-t ... 14409.html

If the White House wants competent people with skills why did Trump hire his daughter and son-in-law? Ivanka's company was sold as it was being sued for trademark infringement and Ivanka was avoiding testifying about her micromanaging. Kushner is facing numerous health and safety violations in Baltimore over slums his company owns and that he manage. This doesn't count all the failed government assignments he got from Donald.

Let's not forget all the dopes and wackos that Trump has hired and fired.

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 am

@Randomizer:

I think it would be safe to assume that you and I share some similar political views. However, for a while now, I have been wondering... why do you post these links to news stories that, often, nobody responds to or debates with you? And, how do you feel about the fact that you often don't get a response? Do you feel it's probably a sign that people agree with you, or evidence that they are not listening?

This will seem like criticism but is not intended as such. I'm sure we are on the same side of the debate. I'm just curious what motivates you to create such threads. I have, after all, done it myself too.

With regard to your most recent link, of course the Trump administration does not always hire people. Let us be reasonable. It cannot. Most reasonable people would not want to work for such an employer.

Randomizer

#5 Post by Randomizer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:15 am

I post mostly to inform because there is lots of news and people tend to view only a few sources that agree with their existing views.

I was talking with a Trump supporter that is giving up on Fox, not because of the views, but he's tired of watching the same advertisements and they are taking up more screen time. News media are getting controlled by fewer companies and most stories are now determined by fewer people. Only a dozen years ago my city had two local newspapers and now there is one owned by Gannett. The five TV stations have the three major networks and the two "independent" stations each repeat a major network to save money.

People wanted to work for Trump because he was the party in power. Politicians that attacked him before he was elected became his staunch supporters or pretend to ignore his statements to stay in power and get what they want.

Octavious

#6 Post by Octavious » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:53 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 am
@Randomizer:

I think it would be safe to assume that you and I share some similar political views. However, for a while now, I have been wondering... why do you post these links to news stories that, often, nobody responds to or debates with you? And, how do you feel about the fact that you often don't get a response? Do you feel it's probably a sign that people agree with you, or evidence that they are not listening?

This will seem like criticism but is not intended as such. I'm sure we are on the same side of the debate. I'm just curious what motivates you to create such threads. I have, after all, done it myself too.

With regard to your most recent link, of course the Trump administration does not always hire people. Let us be reasonable. It cannot. Most reasonable people would not want to work for such an employer.
In fairness, Jamie, since the webDip forum reforms very few people actually read even the most active forum discussions. Political discussion, other than to provide a brief glimpse of what the other side are thinking, is utterly pointless here. The neutrals and undecideds are largely kept away by the system. If it makes Randomizer happy to post links then why not? It's no different to ora posting endless links to Tweets which prove nothing other than one particular person agrees with him.

Of course, since jmo has come out and said that he does not consider Black Lives Matter to be political, we have an official green light to discuss all of the things they stand for in the main forum. All sorts of non political issues such as police and prison reform, open borders, climate change, capitalism, unemployment, stop and search, Churchill, transsexual rights, and the impact of western charities. I wonder if they have a stance on abortion :razz:

Jamiet99uk

#7 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:55 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:53 am
I wonder if they have a stance on abortion :razz:
EVERY SPERM MATTERS

Randomizer

#8 Post by Randomizer » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:39 am

On a related note, Trump was right in 2016 when during his debate with Clinton that we needed more laws to make him buy US made products.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-owned- ... 10447.html
Three years later during his trade war with China, Trump was still buying from China instead of supporting US companies hard hit by cheap Chinese goods and unfair trade practices. But what can you expect from a man that rushed to buy Chinese made campaign merchandise ahead of his tariffs. A man whose companies employee legal and illegal aliens to work for him instead of out of work Americans.

Octavious

#9 Post by Octavious » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:48 am

Is this a universal protectionist stance you're promoting, Random, or is it focused certain nations you don't like?

Randomizer

#10 Post by Randomizer » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:19 pm

It's an anti-hypocrisy stance. Trump ran on Make America Great Again and before and after his campaign he has done nothing to improve America both personally and politically. He inherited a booming economy from Obama and has ruined it with failed trade wars, tariffs that hurt US consumers and businesses, and wasted money being spent to help companies during the COVID-19 plague by removing oversight so fraud expanded.

Trump never learned basic business practices while he was supposedly getting his MBA and since. History has shown by example that what Trump has done was already doomed to failure. Wait, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting change."

Octavious

#11 Post by Octavious » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:54 pm

Randomizer wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:19 pm
Wait, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting change."
I've never really understood the popularity of that particular saying. It sounds superficially wise, but the truth of the matter is that everyone has experience of doing the same thing on multiple occasions and getting wildly different results

Randomizer

#12 Post by Randomizer » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:29 pm

Octavious wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:54 pm
Randomizer wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:19 pm
Wait, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting change."
I've never really understood the popularity of that particular saying. It sounds superficially wise, but the truth of the matter is that everyone has experience of doing the same thing on multiple occasions and getting wildly different results
That only happens when you fail to take some variables into account that will cause different results. Then you aren't doing the same thing each time.

Back when I still read original medical papers, this was the part they like to bury that do to their failure to consider something the study's design flaw made the whole study useless and they were going to do it over again considering checking for these variables.

Octavious

#13 Post by Octavious » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:39 am

That may be true, but there are always variables that are beyond your control or that you're unaware even exist. In lab conditions you may be able to eliminate the more obvious and prominent ones but that's about it, and in politics or anything real world it's impossible to even get close.

Randomizer

#14 Post by Randomizer » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:30 pm

A truck shipping company sued by the US government for fraudulent weight overcharges and already failing before the pandemic got a huge bailout loan that violated the terms for giving them:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rescue-troub ... 53080.html

I guess fraud doesn't matter to Trump friends.

Meanwhile Trump is still fighting to prevent information being released from his tax returns for an investigation into tax fraud:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prosecutor-s ... 10045.html

In addition to hiding payoffs for Trump's affairs, they are looking into failing to report rental income for cell phone antennas on top of Trump owned buildings, and bank fraud in reporting higher incomes than he reported on his tax returns.

Randomizer

#15 Post by Randomizer » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:05 pm

https://news.yahoo.com/lord-founding-fa ... 24052.html

Let's hear it for the divine rights of Trump to now supersede the constitutional rights of Congress to be the sole body to decide spending. Not reallocating existing spending passed by Congress, but just creating new spending and debt with an executive order. Something not even Obama did when Trump was decrying executive orders.

At this rate the imperial presidency won't need Congress or the Supreme Court with Trump running the country by decree. After all he already sidestepped Senate approval of officials, declared "emergencies" for trivial matters, and argues he's immune to all lawsuits that previous Supreme Court decisions have said that there isn't immunity.

Randomizer

#16 Post by Randomizer » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-had-ar ... 57355.html

Trump's behavior hasn't changed from lying, boasting about accomplishments that never happen, threatening lawsuits to stop anyone that criticized him, ….

cormorant

#17 Post by cormorant » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:31 pm

Randomizer wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:26 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-had-ar ... 57355.html

Trump's behavior hasn't changed from lying, boasting about accomplishments that never happen, threatening lawsuits to stop anyone that criticized him, ….
Add this extremely petty account to the treatment of others who
Have placed Truth over loyalty to the would-be autocrat.

Sally Yates, Reality Winner, Lt Col Vindman

Pure tactics of intimidation. Diplomacy players should understand this!

Randomizer

#18 Post by Randomizer » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 am

TRump ia asking voters to commit a felony by voting twice in the same election with absentee ballot and in person. Attorney General Barr didn't know if that was illegal so Congressman Ted Lieu tweeted the exact section of the Federal code being violated:
https://twitter.com/tedlieu?ref_src=tws ... r%5Eauthor