Boatin - EOG and comments

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
teacher2

Boatin - EOG and comments

#1 Post by teacher2 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:57 am

Since the live game apparently will be cancelled and I am interested, I thought Id post my EoG publicly, and invite any other players (not multis :raging: ) from the game to do the same. Mostly Id love to hear from Germany and France....

My perspective was simple. I decided to play a more defensive England than normal because I had noticed unusual patterns in the signups for other live games immediately preceding ours. That required a move to channel, and so an anti-France strategy and German alliance.

It worked well, until Germany did two things to piss me off. One, he didnt bounce pic to let me try to take Brest, when it couldnt have hurt him. Two, he didnt allow me to take STP without capturing Sweden. Both times, rather than let the alliance grow, he benefitted himself. So I switched to France who had shown good defense.

I hoped France would understand the northern move and switch to me. He was too angry, and I get that. But if he had moved to the stalemate line sooner, we could have eliminated Germany and had a smaller draw. I guess thats the way things go in boat.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

Re: Boatin - EOG and comments

#2 Post by jmo1121109 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:39 am

Even though the game will be cancelled, it is still an ongoing gunboat and should not be discussed on the forum. It is also against site rules to make cheating accusations. Live games that are paused due to suspicious connections are cancelled once they are paused due to convenience for the members involved. It would not be fair to investigate and then simply unpause a day later since that would probably result in CD's and NMR's. So while the game will be cancelled, that does not necessarily mean there were multi's or cheating. It's likely, but that is still being investigated.

I know it was not intentional to break 2 site rules with 1 post, but I am going to lock the thread due to it. Once the mods handing the investigation have finished they may decide to unlock this thread to let anyone who wants post additional EOG's.