Genuine Wilson Game

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
Kitsune

Re: Genuine Wilson Game

#21 Post by Kitsune » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:51 pm

I'll play.

Public press sounds fun.

Kitsune

#22 Post by Kitsune » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:57 pm

Louis-XXV wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:45 pm
It sounds interesting, I am tempted to join, even if I never played such a variant.
1. Ienpw_III
2.Donny Dude
3. Computer_Genius
4. foodcoats
5.WarMachine123
6. Kakarroto
7. Louis-XXV or Kit (either way)

Wintogreen

#23 Post by Wintogreen » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:51 am

Wilsonian games are great

Louis-XXV

#24 Post by Louis-XXV » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:43 am

Kitsune wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:57 pm
Louis-XXV wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:45 pm
It sounds interesting, I am tempted to join, even if I never played such a variant.
1. Ienpw_III
2.Donny Dude
3. Computer_Genius
4. foodcoats
5.WarMachine123
6. Kakarroto
7. Louis-XXV or Kit (either way)
As you wish Kit, you can go for this one, i will watch

Ienpw_III

#25 Post by Ienpw_III » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:08 am

Very well. I'll send the invites and Kit can be an alt.

Ienpw_III

#26 Post by Ienpw_III » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:13 am

This is the game, if anyone wants to follow along: https://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=268230

Yigg

#27 Post by Yigg » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:25 am

I follow with great interest!

Yigg

#28 Post by Yigg » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:28 am

Peanut Gallery Mode Activated!
  • What's the over/under on how long it takes for each country to drop the role-play act?
  • I realize it was a brain fart, but I about spit out my coffee when England declared that he'd exchange DMZ's for HOLLAND in '01!
  • I'm kinda digging the brazen audacity of Turkey claiming Greece as their own and calling a casus belli on anyone else who tries for it. In the immortal words of Pepper Brooks, "It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em."
  • Is Italy being run by a Time Lord? You know, that would make a fascinating Wilsonian game, where everyone is assigned a personality they have to RP as. But the personalities have nothing to do with the historical rulers.
  • It's not over yet, but I think the early odds on favorite for best press in Spring '01 has got to be Austria and the Archduke's complete title inventory. My hat is off!

Yigg

#29 Post by Yigg » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:49 pm

Spring '01
  • I like the press! Very lively and the table really settled into a RP element quickly. It seems like the East is much chattier than the West. I still give the season's press award to Austria, though the Sublime Porte comes in at a close second for the sheer volume of posts (31, not counting the mirrored post)
  • The move to the Channel out of England was interesting. Makes the Triple less likely, I'd imagine. Italy and Russia are probably happy to see that. However, Russia came out swinging in press and is asking Germany to help out France against England. What that looks like tactically remains to be seen, but England has a very real potential to nab zero SC's at the end of '01. By the by, I liked how France slipped the suggestion of a Triple a bit under the radar. And since virtually no one responded, either EG were on board with it and wisely chose silence, or no one bothered to Google Translate the French suggestion and it got lost. A pity. Not because I have any fondness for Triples (I don't), but that a cool press move didn't work. It's the risk of trying to be too clever in hiding messages in plain sight. I once tried suggesting a triple alliance by asking if the other two players liked ice cream and which flavor was their favorite, and repsponding when asked that I liked neapolitan best. Because it has the 3...different flavors...it doesn't matter. No one got it.
  • An Austrian navy in the Adriatic is the most curious. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with that. Mainly because it looks like many of the options available to the East are still on the table. Does Austria attack Italy? Do they team up against a budding Jugg? Does Austria roll with the hilariously improbable AT? The only option that tactically looks least viable is the AR, with Russia looking to move that army into Rum instead of the fleet. But stranger things have happened. You know what they say, in the grim darkness of the Balkan future, there is only chaos. Is that what they say? I think that's what they say.

Ienpw_III

#30 Post by Ienpw_III » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:42 am

We've had a CD and need a replacement player! First come first served. Anyone welcome.

https://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=268230
password: 11points

Computer_Genius

#31 Post by Computer_Genius » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:06 am

I realize it was a brain fart, but I about spit out my coffee when England declared that he'd exchange DMZ's for HOLLAND in '01!
That shows why you should always read and re-read your press, I was very confused why it didn't seem to make sense to the others after I sent it.

Claesar

#32 Post by Claesar » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:22 am

Ienpw_III wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:42 am
We've had a CD and need a replacement player! First come first served. Anyone welcome.

https://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=268230
password: 11points
Filled!

Temasek22

#33 Post by Temasek22 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:46 am

Yigg wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:49 pm
Spring '01
  • I like the press! Very lively and the table really settled into a RP element quickly. It seems like the East is much chattier than the West. I still give the season's press award to Austria, though the Sublime Porte comes in at a close second for the sheer volume of posts (31, not counting the mirrored post)
  • The move to the Channel out of England was interesting. Makes the Triple less likely, I'd imagine. Italy and Russia are probably happy to see that. However, Russia came out swinging in press and is asking Germany to help out France against England. What that looks like tactically remains to be seen, but England has a very real potential to nab zero SC's at the end of '01. By the by, I liked how France slipped the suggestion of a Triple a bit under the radar. And since virtually no one responded, either EG were on board with it and wisely chose silence, or no one bothered to Google Translate the French suggestion and it got lost. A pity. Not because I have any fondness for Triples (I don't), but that a cool press move didn't work. It's the risk of trying to be too clever in hiding messages in plain sight. I once tried suggesting a triple alliance by asking if the other two players liked ice cream and which flavor was their favorite, and repsponding when asked that I liked neapolitan best. Because it has the 3...different flavors...it doesn't matter. No one got it.
  • An Austrian navy in the Adriatic is the most curious. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with that. Mainly because it looks like many of the options available to the East are still on the table. Does Austria attack Italy? Do they team up against a budding Jugg? Does Austria roll with the hilariously improbable AT? The only option that tactically looks least viable is the AR, with Russia looking to move that army into Rum instead of the fleet. But stranger things have happened. You know what they say, in the grim darkness of the Balkan future, there is only chaos. Is that what they say? I think that's what they say.
Doesn't the neapolitan refer to a E/G/T, among others?