Rules confusion

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
White_Phosphorus

Rules confusion

#1 Post by White_Phosphorus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 am

I have read the rules both on here and on wiki, and I just encountered a scenario that I don't know the answer to. Lets say you're germany and you have an army in the rurh and an army in munich. France has an army in Burgundy. Lets say you wanted the rurh to support an army in holand, but you were worried about it getting cut. So you order munich to attack burgundy so France can't cut the support. Would that work? What would happen?

Foxcastle

Re: Rules confusion

#2 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am

The army in Burgundy can cut support from Ruhr by attacking it, without being dislodged by the (unsupported) attack from Munich. The attack from Munich on Burgundy does not prevent Burgundy from attacking Ruhr and cutting support for Holland. The outcome of your scenario is that Munich bounces against Burgundy, Burgundy bounces against Ruhr, Ruhr's support for Holland is cut and Ruhr stays in place.