Missed turn during winter.

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
FluffyGreenMonster

Missed turn during winter.

#1 Post by FluffyGreenMonster » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:26 pm

So I'm playing in a private game with friends. This hasn't happened yet but some of the players have no more delays left (because the turn time is 3 days and some people just forget) and I'm wondering what would happen if they missed their turn during winter. If they had to build units, I assume the game acts like the missed player postponed their builds, but want happens with disbanding units? I know you can come back if you've missed all your turns, so do you just not disband your units, or does the game randomly choose which units to disband.

Thank you for any response. I've looked around this site but have not found anything about this.

Valis2501
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Missed turn during winter.

#2 Post by Valis2501 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:37 pm

When in civil disorder, disbanded units are chosen starting with units farthest away from that player's home centers.

Peregrine Falcon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Missed turn during winter.

#3 Post by Peregrine Falcon » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:10 am

To be a tad more specific, the exact order is:
1. Farthest unit by number of spaces away. (Sea spaces are counted for armies, ie. an army in Belgium is 2 spaces away from an English home SC.)
2. Fleets before armies. (ie. F Bel before A Hol for England.)
3. Disband units by alphabetical territory name. (ie. A Bel before A Hol for England.)

See: Avalon Hill. "The Rules of Diplomacy." (2015). pp. 19. https://media.wizards.com/2015/download ... _rules.pdf.