Adjudication question

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
CCR

Adjudication question

#1 Post by CCR » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:33 pm

And a rule question.

Does my support to a FOREIGN move, against another of my units, count for the dislodgement of my own unit?

Yes I know I cannot dislodge my own unit, but in this case the attack comes from another powe, I just grant him one or two supports, while my targeted unit is cutting behind the lines.

And nevertheless does my support(s) count, say, to make my targeted unit a beleaguered garrison?

How does the rules deal with these situations?

And how does the webdip adjudicate such situations?

(I wanna know what happens in all cases; if my support aids the dislodgement of m own, this is one case; well, if it does not, shouldnt it at least be.considered, to not allow m dislodgement by a third party? - the beleaguered garrison case)

Peregrine Falcon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Adjudication question

#2 Post by Peregrine Falcon » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:47 pm

Checking out the DATC is always the best bet for complex questions. It does a good job of explaining how to balance those questions.
webDip's DATC Tests shows exactly how webDip adjudicates. The simple case you're looking for is 6.D.12; you can't support a foreign unit to dislodge your own unit.

The foreign unit beleaguered garrison case is not covered in the DATC, however, and honestly, I wasn't sure how it was handled. But 6.D.13 and testing it on backstabbr (not the same thing, but helps at least) makes me think the beleaguered garrison should work with a foreign unit.

Claesar

#3 Post by Claesar » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 pm

Peregrine Falcon wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:47 pm
The foreign unit beleaguered garrison case is not covered in the DATC, however, and honestly, I wasn't sure how it was handled. But 6.D.13 and testing it on backstabbr (not the same thing, but helps at least) makes me think the beleaguered garrison should work with a foreign unit.
It works on a foreign unit. This is a great expert tactic.

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#4 Post by RoganJosh » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:03 pm

I think that 6.E.12 in DATC is what you're asking about. But all the 6.E cases are interesting!

CCR

#5 Post by CCR » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:23 pm

*thumb up*