5 Influential Diplomacy Tips

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
swordsman3003
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

5 Influential Diplomacy Tips

#1 Post by swordsman3003 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:09 pm

This week I've written a shorter, more basic kind of article. I think newer players would find these tips helpful!

https://brotherbored.com/5-influential-diplomacy-tips/

VillageIdiot

Re: 5 Influential Diplomacy Tips

#2 Post by VillageIdiot » Mon May 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Full agreement across the board.

“ Work Hard on Your Messages”

This one sounds all too familiar. I’ll do all kinds of social banter that doesn’t require as much thought but the important ones I make count. What’s especially interesting his the platform goes a long way in influencing the framework. Here in webdip where we have this continuous thread of messages that people have to log in to view I find I need to be really very efficient in saying a lot in as few we’ll crafted words as possible or it comes across as overwhelming and off putting. On diplomacy platforms that send out email messages I find this less of a necessity or I can at least break up my message into bite size bits with an expectation of quicker dialog.

Taking a pause to knee jerk responses to “in the moment” is highly recommended. You’re rarely at your most rational in these instances and it’s easy to say something you can’t take back later. That’s not to say there’s not situations where a big reaction is the appropriate response, sometimes if you want to sell a strategic threat or a diplomatic emotional manipulation that absolutely is the correct response, but regardless it’s still better to be calculating in the response. Many a draft has ended up on the cutting room floor.

I also often utilize the “sandwich” approach to structuring messages as well, the technique of starting and ending on a positive note with the tension stuff in the middle.

Another great post BB!