Revising orders

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
jgt

Revising orders

#1 Post by jgt » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:05 pm

Hello -

I am introducing a new group of people (students, actually) to Diplomacy; I've played the game before, but I am new to the site. Today we all joined the private game I created for them. One student thought we had already begun playing, and she accidentally submitted her orders before there was even time for the negotiation phase. Their orders are not actually due for quite a while, so I was wondering if there is some way for her to withdraw/revise her order and resubmit? More generally, is there some mechanism on the site for revising an order that has been submitted, provided that there are still outstanding submissions and time left on the clock? I suspect not, but I thought I'd ask. Not a big deal either way.

Thanks!

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

Re: Revising orders

#2 Post by RoganJosh » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 pm

If she presses the "Not ready" button, then she can change her orders.

Welcome, btw!

Jamiet99uk

Re: Revising orders

#3 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:27 pm

Yep. That's why there are two buttons (although if you ask me they are not quite the right distance apart).

The "save" button saves your orders but does not lock them in.

The "ready" button locks your orders in, ready for the phase to process.

Why two buttons? Well, if all of the players "ready" their orders, then the phase will process immediately, rather than waiting until the countdown reaches the deadline. However, if you "save" your orders, the orders will still process just fine, but the clock will run for the whole duration until the set phase process time.