DIAS Draws?

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

DIAS Draws?

#1 Post by chluke » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Would someone please explain to me why some diplomacy players speak of DIAS Draws (Draws Include All Survivors) and regular Draws without DIAS?

Don't all draw systems need to require every survivor to vote draw for a draw to happen, and thereby include every survivor in the unanimously voted draw?? If not, wouldn't a solo attempt be stopped every time when the non-soloing players simply vote draw and exclude the solo-attempting player from voting or participating in the draw??

I have no clue how there could be a draw system other than what we have here at webDip. What am I missing?

Aereaux

Re: DIAS Draws?

#2 Post by Aereaux » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Could be that if you know you are going to get eliminated and that a draw is going to happen afterwards you can vote for a draw that does not include you just to save time. I assume every surviving player would still have to vote for it.

Here's a post on the playdip forum about it: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... hp?t=16990

President Eden

#3 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:30 pm

Players who recognize they're going to be eliminated and have no recourse to prevent it will agree to a draw that doesn't include them in order to save time.

Claesar

#4 Post by Claesar » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:43 pm

The ODC2018 had non-DIAS draws. There were some survivors who accepted draws without them in it, to speed things up.

chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5 Post by chluke » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Thank you, Aereaux, President Eden, and Claesar. I appreciate the explanation.