Adjudication scenarios

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
DipPlayer88

Adjudication scenarios

#1 Post by DipPlayer88 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Although the basic movements in Diplomacy is quite simple to understand, when put together it can get quite tricky to work out what will actually happen. I find myself constantly asking what will happen if XYZ. Is there an adjudication scenario tester somewhere in the Internet, where I can input a combination of orders, and see what happens (does it bounce, who moves, who gets dislodged, etc.)

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

Re: Adjudication scenarios

#2 Post by TrPrado » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:36 pm

As a matter of fact, there are a couple options.

While not quite exactly what you described, here on webDip under the Help/Donate tab, there's a page called DATC Adjudicator Tests (DATC stand for Diplomacy Adjudicator Test Cases):

http://webdiplomacy.net/datc.php

This shows scenarios from very basic to very complex ways units can move. I used it to help teach myself how the game is supposed to be adjudicated, and if I ever want to double check that a certain move is supposed to resolve a certain way I open it up for confirmation.

In terms of being able to input a set of orders, it sounds like you're describing a sandbox. While we don't have that feature here, that feature does exist on another Diplomacy site:

https://www.backstabbr.com/

I hope this is helpful.