Supporting a fleet move to Bulgaria

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
Longneck

Supporting a fleet move to Bulgaria

#1 Post by Longneck » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi all. Still kind of new to the site. I didn't see this answered in the forum yet, so...

I ordered:
F Con - Bulgaria (nc)
A Serbia support F Con-Bulgaria

The preview shows a gray arrow for the support and two arrows from Con into Bulgaria (one gray). I believe the orders are legit, no? But I assume the grey arrow means there's a problem? Will this process with Serbia supporting the fleet move?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Durga

Re: Supporting a fleet move to Bulgaria

#2 Post by Durga » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:05 pm

They are legit. Grey arrow does not mean there is a problem per se... I think it has to do with the whole fleet north coast thing. Regardless, you shouldn't have an issue.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#3 Post by jmo1121109 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:34 am

Anytime that you use the preview you'll notice that it's slightly off when you use support with regions that have more then 1 coast. Spain, StP, Bulg. The orders are still right, but because the order is technically to a different place, Spain South Coast vs Spain, the preview isn't smart enough to figure that out for you.

Longneck

#4 Post by Longneck » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:20 am

I noticed the support was to a different arrow, which was the confusing part. I assumed something like that would've been reported long ago, but figured it was safer to ask.

It did seem to process the order correctly. The support was cut anyway, so it didn't matter, but thanks everyone.