losing deliberately

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
Palpoutrox

losing deliberately

#1 Post by Palpoutrox » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 am

Hi, i didn't know where to post this, but didn't want to bother an admin either. So here it is:
In a drawing situation, the player behind the smaller party of one of the alliances disappeared and let a new player in.
This player was purportedly asked by the bigger party to let them win; since the new player had nothing to lose, they agreed, and let the big one invade them without resistance, while stalemating the other party until the end.
I can't see any reason why this shouldn't relate to unfair play.

Claesar

Re: losing deliberately

#2 Post by Claesar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Please email the mods at [email protected] and mention the gameID (found in the url when you open the specific game) or just paste the entire link. This is something we need to be bothered about ;-)

Claesar

#3 Post by Claesar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Always please email the mods when something fishy happens, that's what we're here for!

That being said, there's no rule against bad play or throwig a game. If the bigger party managed to convince the new player to help them win, they did well with their diplomacy.
If no cheating was involved, there will be no moderator intervention.

Palpoutrox

#4 Post by Palpoutrox » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Thanks! I'll send the email then.