MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
y2kjbk
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:23 pm
Karma: 18

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5461 Post by y2kjbk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:34 pm

It’s cool my ego isn’t nearly as fragile as that of other people.
1

Tom Bombadil
Posts: 776
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:52 pm
Location: Detroit, MI
Karma: 255

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5462 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:36 pm

y2kjbk wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:34 pm
It’s cool my ego isn’t nearly as fragile as that of other people.
Lol. Fragile egos are essential to mafia. All the self proclaimed genius players have fragile egos and we know how good they are

y2kjbk
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:23 pm
Karma: 18

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5463 Post by y2kjbk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Yeah this isn’t my game, I’ll stick to gunboat.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 2440
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 283
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5464 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:42 pm

How about Gunboat Mafia?

No talking - only actions and votes.

y2kjbk
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:23 pm
Karma: 18

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5465 Post by y2kjbk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Sounds like a discord thing not a forum game.

ND
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 134

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5466 Post by ND » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:59 pm

That was a great death post @jamie. GG town. I had fun.
2

Durga
Posts: 2294
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 315

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5467 Post by Durga » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:27 pm

And rd, why are you so bitter towards me in particular?

Squigs44
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: America
Karma: 79

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5468 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:28 pm

I've updated the score sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

After my obvscum performance, Brainbomb and TomBomb are now tied in 2nd with an average of 2.5 points per game. I dropped to 4th at 2.33. I need a new scum strategy.
1

rdrivera2005
Posts: 1022
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 44

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5469 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Congrats town, I really didn't expect we could won.

Sorry for anything I have said that might have offended anyone.

Thanks Jamiet and Bo, the setup was great and also the flavor.

Durga
Posts: 2294
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 315

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5470 Post by Durga » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Also, I want to thank the GM's for running the game.

However, what the fuck was up with that whole warning for "conceding". I was not aware that I could concede for a side that I wasn't even on. Try using some common sense next time thanks xoxo also don't threaten me if you're not gonna follow through on it

ND
Posts: 879
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 134

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5471 Post by ND » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Some people are so angry. Leave the drama and anger for the game. Let's all be happy it's a nice day outside.
1

ghug
Admin
Admin
Posts: 1550
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 438

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5472 Post by ghug » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:09 pm

What an impressively poorly played game by both sides. Gg all

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 2440
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 283
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5473 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:34 pm

Durga wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm
Also, I want to thank the GM's for running the game.

However, what the fuck was up with that whole warning for "conceding". I was not aware that I could concede for a side that I wasn't even on. Try using some common sense next time thanks xoxo also don't threaten me if you're not gonna follow through on it
That logic would risk ending up with people on the Town team seeking to townclear themselves by declaring they were scum and were conceding, and then being seen to suffer no sanction for breaking the "no conceding" rule.

Durga
Posts: 2294
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 315

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5474 Post by Durga » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:34 pm
Durga wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm
Also, I want to thank the GM's for running the game.

However, what the fuck was up with that whole warning for "conceding". I was not aware that I could concede for a side that I wasn't even on. Try using some common sense next time thanks xoxo also don't threaten me if you're not gonna follow through on it
That logic would risk ending up with people on the Town team seeking to townclear themselves by declaring they were scum and were conceding, and then being seen to suffer no sanction for breaking the "no conceding" rule.
Nothing cleared anything with my sarcasm. It was obviously sarcasm. But I genuinely thought ND was town because you made me think he believed me and you were concerned at the implications of that. I couldn't fathom why anyone would even take it seriously, yourself included.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 2440
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 283
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5475 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Yeah, well, all I did was bring the rule to your attention, which Bo agreed with. I know you weren't attempting to do anything wrong, but it's difficult to allow for nuance and tone when there are clearly stated rules - plus we had made it clear the rules would be taken quite seriously this time around.

Durga
Posts: 2294
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 315

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5476 Post by Durga » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:52 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:47 pm
Yeah, well, all I did was bring the rule to your attention, which Bo agreed with. I know you weren't attempting to do anything wrong, but it's difficult to allow for nuance and tone when there are clearly stated rules - plus we had made it clear the rules would be taken quite seriously this time around.
Well I'm pretty done with mafia between brainbomb ruining every game and not even being able to make a sarcastic statement without a "warning". Gg all.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 2440
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 283
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5477 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:54 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way. Although of course I can't speak for Brainbomb - though I did issue a warning about the level of personal abuse. There was no need for some of that.

yavuzovic
Posts: 1588
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Location: ↑Here
Karma: 81
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5478 Post by yavuzovic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:55 pm

I don't think I understand what happened.
Did ND concede?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 2440
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 283
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5479 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:56 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:55 pm
I don't think I understand what happened.
Did ND concede?
ND was lynched.

y2kjbk
Posts: 1197
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:23 pm
Karma: 18

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#5480 Post by y2kjbk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:57 pm

He got hammer lynched twice with a hammered night in between.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest