MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: MAFIA 39 - GAME THREAD

#4161 Post by y2kjbk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 pm

The fact that scum should probably have roleblocked/killed xorxes instead of rdrivera, and likely would have, is the strongest point to the case. I'll have to look over that.

y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4162 Post by y2kjbk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:56 pm

should have roleblocked a killed xorxes instead of roleblocked rdrivera

Durga

#4163 Post by Durga » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:00 am

y2kjbk wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 pm
The fact that scum should probably have roleblocked/killed xorxes instead of rdrivera, and likely would have, is the strongest point to the case. I'll have to look over that.
OK but I was roleblocked n2 so can we really assume that scum would do that. Or anything that makes sense

brainbomb

#4164 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:04 am

Ghug the great oracle of our time
Things that stand out reading EoD:
Durga is probably town.
Rivera looks scummy.
Tom spent a long time not voting Squigs, and Squigs voted for Tom, but ended up leaving the wagon and not pushing that hard for it. His reaction to the lunch seems towny though.

It's good to remember here that there were only two scum outside of Squigs with the ability to influence the vote. That makes it riskier for them to try to push something through late to save a teammate.
Ghug kinda talked to xorx about 1 doc saving bb and 1 doc saving medkit.

Then xorx died

Somebody wanted to set up ghug as xorxes killer.
Excluding myself and those soft- or hard- cleared listed above, we have two scum in:
DemonRHK
ND
rdrivera2005
yavuzovic
T​om Bombadil
Vecna
worcej
xorxes

Xorxes has either improved drastically at feigning effort as scum (entirely possible, but less likely than the alternative), or is town. Worcej had an organic reaction to brain's claim and then went hard on Squigs all day, so I'm pretty comfortable clearing him too. My logic clearing Vecna for the Squigs reads stands. We should be lynching between the other five and me at least today and probably tomorrow as well. Add Vecna back in if you don't buy my logic, but it's great logic, so you should just listen it me.

I think Rivera is the likeliest scum of the group and RHK the least likely. I could be talked into lynching any of the other three if Rivera is no fly, but I'd rather just kill him.
The reader should see the above and realize that scum had potential motive to get rid of ghug as soon as he was about to depart on vacation.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4165 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:05 am

Durga wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:00 am
y2kjbk wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 pm
OK but I was roleblocked n2 so can we really assume that scum would do that. Or anything that makes sense
Yes. The kill target was brain with a spent item. No reason to roleblock him.

y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4166 Post by y2kjbk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 am

OK there's something off with rdrivera, I will continue reading in the morning, too exhausted right now for this.

brainbomb

#4167 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 am

By the end of ghugs life he had 2 scumreads. Vecna and rivera.

He felt worcej-durga-y2k-rhk-nd were all town.

So why did ghug get lynched by y2k-vecna-rivera-ND-durga

I understand durgas explanation
I dont understand ND being on ghug
I really dont get why vecna lynched ghug.

brainbomb

#4168 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:24 am

Vecna
Also, my claim serves no purpose.

Vecna
Day-3 42:50
page 130
↑brainbomb: "Y2k absolutely can replace medkit after chaqa dies- guess that item and get it."
Except it would take a nightaction to repair it, and he saved you in the night following that chaqa got got.

Vecna
Day-3 42:46
page 130
↑Durga: "Stop engaging bb's nonsense. We need to block out both bb and y2k if we have any chance of winning.

I want everyone to ..."
Xorxes was level headed. Xorxes was stopping the mislynches that scum desperately need. Xorxes wasnt spewing bullshit like so many other people are.

Plenty of decent reasons, really.

Did someone already go over his lynch targets?

Vecna
Day-3 42:45
page 130
↑brainbomb: "No fuck you. You keep tieing me to him. Im not fucking acting like him. Im giving real goddamn reasoning
Im trying to f..."
Brain, take it from me - A lot of people just dont know how to react to your theories.

Can you like please let it go?

Vecna
Day-3 42:39
page 130
↑rdrivera2005: "I think you are forgetting Yav, right now I am thinking it's Yav and one of Vecna or ND and that's why I want them to cl..."
Werent you claiming to have the head? What type of nonsense suggestion is this from a town thief with Ghug's head?

Vecna
Day-3 35:15
page 132 I need an overview of everything we know itemwise to decide if i should claim here. I probably will regardless now with rdriveras claim, but its probably prudent to at least wait for yavuz his claim.
Vecna
Day-3 35:09
page 132 my item probably indicates a ghug + rdrivera scumteam btw......

ill try to figure it out, gimme a bit to think theough the proper course of actions.

can someone give me an overview of everything
Vecna why does your armor make ghug scum with rivera again?

Vecna

#4169 Post by Vecna » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:25 am

I really am not gonna explain all of that again

brainbomb

#4170 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:28 am

Enjoy the afterlife then I guess

brainbomb

#4171 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:32 am

Cmon vecna help me out here. Why tf did we lynch ghug? That was some cheap bs he was very towny on reread. Tell me you got some fire in you. Ive seen it when flum was conf biased out his own rectum the one time. Gimme something I feel you have town vibes but youve done some bad things. I expect greatness out of a cat like you

brainbomb

#4172 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:37 am

Okay new approach.

Did anyone suggest shooting squiggs N0?
I may have found something pretty darn fascinating.

brainbomb

#4173 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:40 am

Cmon anbody? I just realized something.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4174 Post by DemonRHK » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:46 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:40 am
Cmon anbody? I just realized something.
I’d have to go back and read after work. What did you find?

brainbomb

#4175 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:06 am

MoscowFleet
#84 Post by MoscowFleet » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:07 pm

God Jamie I thought someone died, easy with the caps.

A couple things.
After durga claimed her gun squiggs said he hopes no one shoots.
Y2k said shooting squiggs was a good plan
Durga says "now were talking"
Squiggs doesnt post EON reads :evil:

Upon seeing hes alive still D1 he then.posts reads.

Moscow feeds into the idea he was nervous guns could go off live :!:
Durga didnt realize guns cant be fired live.

This perhaps suggests scum was already talking about cannons in maf chat. It also suggests that squiggs feared getting shot by durga? Unless im mistaken?

Squiggs not posting reads points to him being fearful of giving away tmi. Knowing he lived this means his reads are angled at pushing vulberable town as opposed to bussing. His demeanor suggests fear at being shot by durga or another gunman. Moscows play suggests almost the opposite- that scum was quite aware the cannoms arent live.

Does anyone have an alternative theory to this?

ND

#4176 Post by ND » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:07 am

So on catching up I saw this from Durga:

"On ND, seriously he was just prima facie townie because of his reaction to my claim, but on further reflection he may have just been confused as to why I would do that and played dumb into it. I genuinely have no respect for his intellect so I'm finding it difficult to separate stupidity from scumminess. He's also just beyond useless and not trying to figure out the game vs literally voting people for political alignment.” (Durga, 205)

This is problematic for many reasons. Let's dissect them. 1) Misdirection. Durga is actually, actually, baiting me specifically and that is how I know for sure she is scum. She is also posting this and hoping, god know's why, that no one is going to read this post history. 2) I had to respond for about a tenth of the game to people baiting me over politics. I never said I was voting for someone because they had another belief but instead I was responding to people that I felt were doing that to me. 3) It's a deliberate destruction of facts. It's frustrating because I already know that no one reads or cares what I have to say. 4) Then she says that I haven't done anything all game? What? She literally votes for me every phase no matter what. Look at D2 votes me OOPS it's a tie she doesn't give AF. D3 end of the phase she votes for me then switches at the last possible second what? It doesn't matter what she says or does she always falls back on me because she is baiting me specifically. What has she done beyond call thinks kinky and vote for me. Her behavior, and play is so obvious scum indicative. It is painful at this point. So, I really don't know what to say. She is scum and honestly at this point I am going to try to focus on finding her partner who I think is Vecna or Yav. But, seriously, I can't keep responding to these bait comments not even based in reality. They are just trying to un focus me.

brainbomb

#4177 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:09 am

TLDR if scum has no guns would they be talking about them that much?

Durga

#4178 Post by Durga » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:09 am
TLDR if scum has no guns would they be talking about them that much?
Yes? They can be shot by guns you know. I'm sure it was a big fear especially if they didn't have any.

brainbomb

#4179 Post by brainbomb » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:17 am

If im afraid of something when im scum im not gonna invite attention being called to it. If two town have guns im not gonna say "I hope they dont shoot!!"

Durga

#4180 Post by Durga » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:18 am

ND wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:07 am
So on catching up I saw this from Durga:

"On ND, seriously he was just prima facie townie because of his reaction to my claim, but on further reflection he may have just been confused as to why I would do that and played dumb into it. I genuinely have no respect for his intellect so I'm finding it difficult to separate stupidity from scumminess. He's also just beyond useless and not trying to figure out the game vs literally voting people for political alignment.” (Durga, 205)

This is problematic for many reasons. Let's dissect them. 1) Misdirection. Durga is actually, actually, baiting me specifically and that is how I know for sure she is scum. She is also posting this and hoping, god know's why, that no one is going to read this post history. 2) I had to respond for about a tenth of the game to people baiting me over politics. I never said I was voting for someone because they had another belief but instead I was responding to people that I felt were doing that to me. 3) It's a deliberate destruction of facts. It's frustrating because I already know that no one reads or cares what I have to say. 4) Then she says that I haven't done anything all game? What? She literally votes for me every phase no matter what. Look at D2 votes me OOPS it's a tie she doesn't give AF. D3 end of the phase she votes for me then switches at the last possible second what? It doesn't matter what she says or does she always falls back on me because she is baiting me specifically. What has she done beyond call thinks kinky and vote for me. Her behavior, and play is so obvious scum indicative. It is painful at this point. So, I really don't know what to say. She is scum and honestly at this point I am going to try to focus on finding her partner who I think is Vecna or Yav. But, seriously, I can't keep responding to these bait comments not even based in reality. They are just trying to un focus me.
I love how you cited me like that.