MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#981 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:44 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:43 pm
Jamie is probably scum based on how he is playing. This is basically his play this game, paraphrased, 'lol ND is scum cause he asks me questions and /cry if he ever questions me he is scum!'. Like he is a petulant child, but what has he really done apart from picking on people and fading in and out? I don't have a good feeling about him.
I don't care about your feelings, scummo.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#982 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:37 pm
Also @rdrivera

If someone melting away when called out as scummy is something that particularly sets your radar off, what do you think about dargorygel?
I think Dargo could be scum. If I am remembering correctly he used to avoid confrontation when he is scum and it's exactly what he is doing. And his wagon also vanished. I would not mind voting him. I don't like Ezio wagon, I think he is more a lazy town then scum and I am less convinced about Snowy.

Foxcastle

#983 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:46 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:40 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:32 pm
The thing I find interesting about the DT vote is that he didn't come back and explain that that's the voting format on MU, which I suspected, but didn't know, and wanted to see how he replied. Instead he ignored that and jumped on me pretty aggressively about overexamining Chippe's supposed town slip.
I thought it was a common format that's used in other mafia sites (the only other website I used so far is mafiascum, and they also use that voting format there) so i thought it was kind of like a universal format. I also thought, for some reason, you played mafia elsewhere (I am guessing you haven't now?) so I thought you were familiar with the format

I didn't see you really asking question about my vote format tho before I "jumped on to aggresively attack" you tho so idk what you are talking about there
I didn't really ask, I guess. I implied you had used the Mafia QT formatting (where you bold posts with tags) by mistake. Like I said, I figured it was formatting from another site and wanted to see what reaction the accusation got.

DoubtingThomas

#984 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:46 pm

ND wrote:
Jamie is probably scum based on how he is playing. This is basically his play this game, paraphrased, 'lol ND is scum cause he asks me questions and /cry if he ever questions me he is scum!'. Like he is a petulant child, but what has he really done apart from picking on people and fading in and out? I don't have a good feeling about him.
I, personally, don't see Jamie playing all that differently than last game. It could be because of his ruckus with brainbomb but...

and also what you are describing Jamie to be doing is almost identical to what you are doing. hell, i think jamie's putting in more input due to his firm push on snowy? what's up with that?

ND

#985 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:44 pm
ND wrote:
I don't care about your feelings, scummo.
I don't care about yours either, but I am fairly certain based on how you are trying to victimize yourself and also not contributing anything of value to the game that you are scum.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#986 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Well it wasn't just the behavour at the time, but the long explanation Fox provided later on, when pressed on the matter. That explanation, to me, read very much like it was written by someone thinking "what would a logical and pro-town response be?" rather than "what was I actually doing?". If anything Fox's explanation felt like it was written too carefully, rather than just quickly providing an honest answer. It felt contrived.
Sure, the explanation wasn't great as it was essentially all WIFOM (scum wouldn't do something so obvious so I must be town guys), but given he was trying to dispel a very consistent attack, is it a surprise that he would put a lot of thought into a rebuttal of it? Given how long he was being pushed for the worcej slip, it makes sense to try and make a clean break from it. I don't see it in itself to be particularly alignment indicative.

So I'll rephrase and ask again - Do you have something unrelated to the worcej slip that concerns you about Foxcastle?

Jamiet99uk

#987 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:47 pm

I'm contributing quite a bit.

ND has done fuck all.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#988 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:49 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:45 pm

I think Dargo could be scum. If I am remembering correctly he used to avoid confrontation when he is scum and it's exactly what he is doing. And his wagon also vanished. I would not mind voting him. I don't like Ezio wagon, I think he is more a lazy town then scum and I am less convinced about Snowy.
Lovely. I agree. But, in this case, why were you targeting y2k over dargo for something that dargo has done to a far greater degree here?

Jamiet99uk

#989 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:47 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Well it wasn't just the behavour at the time, but the long explanation Fox provided later on, when pressed on the matter. That explanation, to me, read very much like it was written by someone thinking "what would a logical and pro-town response be?" rather than "what was I actually doing?". If anything Fox's explanation felt like it was written too carefully, rather than just quickly providing an honest answer. It felt contrived.
Sure, the explanation wasn't great as it was essentially all WIFOM (scum wouldn't do something so obvious so I must be town guys), but given he was trying to dispel a very consistent attack, is it a surprise that he would put a lot of thought into a rebuttal of it? Given how long he was being pushed for the worcej slip, it makes sense to try and make a clean break from it. I don't see it in itself to be particularly alignment indicative.

So I'll rephrase and ask again - Do you have something unrelated to the worcej slip that concerns you about Foxcastle?
At this moment in time, not particularly, no - he's not my top scumread and over the last 10 pages or so my interest has been focused on Snowy, who I strongly feel is scum at this point. Fox is overdue a more complete re-read if there's time.

Jamiet99uk

#990 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Ok, I have to go for a while. I hope to be back well in time for EoD. Lynch Snowy, peeps. If you don't wanna lynch Snowy, try lynching ND.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#991 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Also @Foxcastle can you answer my questions from post 954 please?

(Also, how do I link specifically to posts on this forum?)

yavuzovic

#992 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm

I think Jamie always plays like this

ND

#993 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:52 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:46 pm
ND wrote:
I, personally, don't see Jamie playing all that differently than last game. It could be because of his ruckus with brainbomb but...

and also what you are describing Jamie to be doing is almost identical to what you are doing. hell, i think jamie's putting in more input due to his firm push on snowy? what's up with that?
@dt re-read jamie. Look at how he comes in and is like 'OH if ND ever questions me then scum' that's what we call making yourself a victim and shielding yourself from a player. That's not pro-town play. Then every chance he gets he tries to start shit for no reason. It's very scum indicative play and his motivations are very Jamie focused not town focused. His snowy thing, eh I don't like it. Look at how he jumps on to it after vecna starts it. I don't know. I still prefer fox but Jamie is close

DoubtingThomas

#994 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:53 pm

ND can i get a full read (doesnt need to be indepth) on ppl?

ND

#995 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:55 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:53 pm
A full read on 'people' um what?

DoubtingThomas

#996 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:55 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:55 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
what?

full read list one everyone playing? or are we playing with robots or something too

ND

#997 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm
I think Jamie always plays like this
That's not really a valid reason. He is oozing scum. Maybe only I can see it because of what he has said directly to me, but it is so evident to me. ##vote Jamie

Fox is still decent but Jamie is scum.

ND

#998 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:58 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
ND wrote:
DoubtingThomas wrote:
what?

full read list one everyone playing? or are we playing with robots or something too
Have you done a full reads list? It's like 3 hours till end. I don't have time to reread 50 pages and write out an entire list right now.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#999 Post by flash2015 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:45 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:37 pm
Also @rdrivera

If someone melting away when called out as scummy is something that particularly sets your radar off, what do you think about dargorygel?
Then why don't you come over and join me? Don't worry, I don't bite (much).

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1000 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:30 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm
You think everyone reads and internalizes the entire setup post in full? You ostensibly didn't.
Read, I did. You have a point about internalizing though. No one has yet to answer one of my questions though: What information does the SK have that makes him less likely to forget?
Because it relates directly to what they're doing in the game, obviously.