MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#941 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:26 pm

I was away from the thread for twelve hours. I always do this catching up thing. I just split it between posts this time because quoting on the phone is easier that way. Do you actually believe what you're spouting right now?

Why vig and not lynch?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#942 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Squiggles, can you respond to the callout from my liveblog? I'm going to take Tesla private btw. #420blazeit Funding secured.

brainbomb

#943 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:28 pm

Ok ##Vote ghug

Fucker must die asap.

snowy801

#944 Post by snowy801 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:30 pm

speaking of ezio, someone hit me up with the latest
when did he drop his d1 nl cry for help?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#945 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:28 pm
Ok ##Vote ghug

Fucker must die asap.
Can you be less shit please?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#946 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Why has worcej gone so quiet?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#947 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm

ghug wrote:
Squiggles, can you respond to the callout from my liveblog? I'm going to take Tesla private btw. #420blazeit Funding secured.
Sure ghug, anything for you.

A classic townslip is something like this:
"I think player X was coached in the mafia qt".
This is a townslip because a town player that has never been scum has no way of knowing that the mafia qt is closed D1, unless they were told by another player. That information is not in the setup.

What I said referred to something explicitly in the setup post. Meaning that SK, Mafia, VT, PRs were all equally informed to this information. What does the SK know that the other roles don't that would make him immune to forgetting about a mechanic posted in the setup? Even his PM is what is posted in the set up.

So yes, I don't see how faking this could ever give me towncred.

snowy801

#948 Post by snowy801 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:42 pm

asan aside, I'll probably only have time for like 3-4 posts until eod after lunch so now is the time

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#949 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm
ghug wrote:
Sure ghug, anything for you.

A classic townslip is something like this:
"I think player X was coached in the mafia qt".
This is a townslip because a town player that has never been scum has no way of knowing that the mafia qt is closed D1, unless they were told by another player. That information is not in the setup.

What I said referred to something explicitly in the setup post. Meaning that SK, Mafia, VT, PRs were all equally informed to this information. What does the SK know that the other roles don't that would make him immune to forgetting about a mechanic posted in the setup? Even his PM is what is posted in the set up.

So yes, I don't see how faking this could ever give me towncred.
You think everyone reads and internalizes the entire setup post in full? You ostensibly didn't.

Foxcastle

#950 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:57 pm
y2kjbk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:54 pm
Your vote doesn’t reflect that sentiment. Why not share with the town who you’d like to see most lynched for D1?
[v]Foxcastle[/v]
I'm still curious why this vote was formatted this way.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#951 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
y2kjbk wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:54 pm
Your vote doesn’t reflect that sentiment. Why not share with the town who you’d like to see most lynched for D1?
[v]Foxcastle[/v]
That's how you vote over on MU. I think DT said he is playing games over there.

ND

#952 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Hmm, there is a lot going on here. @fox I believe I have already answered most of your question in my other posts. Do you just want me to copy/paste myself? In short I believe that your actions were scum indicative. I also found your justification to be an after thought of no value.

Other than that there is a bunch to think about. Going to give that a think.

Foxcastle

#953 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:44 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:

[v]Foxcastle[/v]
That's how you vote over on MU. I think DT said he is playing games over there.
I thought that might be it, good to know.

Foxcastle

#954 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:59 pm

ND wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Hmm, there is a lot going on here. @fox I believe I have already answered most of your question in my other posts. Do you just want me to copy/paste myself? In short I believe that your actions were scum indicative. I also found your justification to be an after thought of no value.

Other than that there is a bunch to think about. Going to give that a think.
Actually, yes, please copy paste some specifics, because I'm looking at your ISO and can't find any.
ND wrote: A lot of games there is very little to go on D1. One of the biggest things I look for in the initial stages is motivation. What is the motivation of someone to push something like this? Why and how does that add benefit to the town. As you say, it is 'shining a light' on something that if ignored may not even be an issue at all. This is a specific case where a player's specific actions led to something which is of direct impact to the town. He got called out on his push. I think that his actions are scum-indicative. I see no merit to them. I've been considering other players as well and wrote about that pages ago, but that is minor to this example. At the bare minimum I am inclined to ##VOTE FOXCASTLE I want to hear him elaborate more and if he has already fucked up then perhaps he will slip more or do something else scum-indicative.
That's from page 17 and includes no why-reasoning.

If motivations are one of the biggest things you look for, why don't you talk about my motivations?
ND wrote: Fox’s post on 25 is just a justification for his specific actions. I still find his motivations to be suspect and it’s probably the best set of evidence for D1 so far in my opinion. It’s an actual tangible thread that can be followed unlike these other cases most of which are meta and not based on factual thread evidence. Honestly, my vote on you is because it’s the best set of evidence in the game for scum-indicative play. What you said sounds like an afterthought justification for your actions and I don’t think it is explanatory. I don’t agree with it. I disagree with Ghug’s post on Page 30. His Page 30 post is just so bad. He wants to just wave away the whole Fox argument although that is the strongest piece of tangible evidence in the game and blame the guy who was called out by Fox’s scum-indicative play. This is arguably interference. It’s subtle but it is there.
Also pretty tautological. You're saying that there's a case on me because there's a case on me, but don't say what it is.

I agree with others that you're typing a lot of words and not many of them mean much.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#955 Post by Hellenic Riot » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Ah how I have missed these long catchups. Glad to see that massive D1 post inflation has continued unabated in the last six months.

My gratitude for your concern about my absence @ChippeRock, but as others mentioned, I pretty much never post in the early part of D1. The inane waffle of the first half of the day is something I only wish to suffer through once, when you can see what developed and what can be disregarded.

Standing out thus far:

- ChippeRock is very patent town and I have no idea how Ezio can possibly think he is a good vote - An explanation there would be greatly appreciated

- Reasonably strong townread on y2k. His scum response to being pressured is usually to run away and hide, and instead he came out and batted back at it, following up well.

- Disliked flash2015, particularly early on. He was very defensive earlier on, aggressively so, without making any solid counterpoints. Has seemed to calm down since he was accused of SK slipping (which was really dumb - there's no way that was an SK slip) which implies that's a more comfortable angle to defend himself from. Solid voting option.

- yavuzovic is playing rather differently from how I remember (though he might have evolved in the past 6 months that I've sat out). Far less tunnelling and seemingly avoiding antagonising any individuals for any prolonged periods of time. One to watch.

- Interested in the scumread on dargorygel (mostly from ghug). Initially I didn't see it, but the fact that he made some weak attempts to brush it away and has since retreated into hiding and not engaged with it at all makes it look like a far better path to go down.

- I didn't find Foxcastle's pursuit of worcej to be particularly unusual - all completely understable. What does bother me about Fox is that almost every *single* post he's made since worcej's claim has been defending his actions back then. Prior to the doc claim, Foxcastle was aggressively pushing and trying to uncover things. Since then he's done a complete 180 and isn't pushing anyone at all except for OMGUS'ing in self defence. I see you're now voting DT for "looking defensive" and using a strange voting format Fox... Is that the most you can come up with after these 48 pages? Do you have any reads whatsoever that aren't based around how people have perceived your worcej push? Has DT done anything aside from use [v] to arouse your suspicions? Do you have any townreads?

Jamiet99uk

#956 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:03 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:25 pm
Another fight between Jamie and Brain
Not a fight at all. A friendly disagreement.

Jamiet99uk

#957 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Ok look it's hElLenNiC rIoT.

brainbomb

#958 Post by brainbomb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Who is Jamie even fos'ing?

y2kjbk
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#959 Post by y2kjbk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Welcome HR. Speaking of lurking, ##VOTE BismarckAlive

ND

#960 Post by ND » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:17 pm

@fox:. Hmm interesting how you parrot Jamie there at the end. Anyway, it's pretty straight forward actually. To my knowledge there isn't 'one specific' universal case against you. Instead it comes from a variety of people, myself included. I've read the exchange you had with worcej. I think your actions in that exchange were scum indicative. I later saw what you said about it and I don't think it validates your actions. For a set of specific actions, worcej posted a good summary of it after it happened.