MAFIA XXXVIII Sign Up Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII Sign Up Thread

#81 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Dargle Magoo is playin!???

Aw shnickerdoodles.

Vecna

#82 Post by Vecna » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:48 am
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:48 pm
This site really just lacks imagination in early phases. I could use too many letter S's in my early post and get flagged for trying to code nessages to scum
Even though you are totally right here, you do have a tendency to take this shit to far and overlook potential consequences.

Good example being you fakeclaiming getting roleblocked in a setup with 2 trackers - not something town should do, and it can literally lose town the game by getting people falsely towncleared.
How can me being falsely clear as town game throwing.
Tracker tracks roleblocker. Roleblocker doesnt visit anyone. Brainbomb claims RB'd on that night. Tracker townclears Roleblocker because of false information

DoubtingThomas

#83 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:18 pm

you can already smell that this game is going to be a great game when the players are arguing even before the game starts

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#84 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:29 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:18 pm
you can already smell that this game is going to be a great game when the players are arguing even before the game starts
Actually... this is pretty normal... :-)
But I agree, this game is shaping up well... other than the schnickerdoodle comment.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#85 Post by dargorygel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:30 pm

##vote RagingIke

brainbomb

#86 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:11 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 am
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:48 am

Even though you are totally right here, you do have a tendency to take this shit to far and overlook potential consequences.

Good example being you fakeclaiming getting roleblocked in a setup with 2 trackers - not something town should do, and it can literally lose town the game by getting people falsely towncleared.
How can me being falsely clear as town game throwing.
Tracker tracks roleblocker. Roleblocker doesnt visit anyone. Brainbomb claims RB'd on that night. Tracker townclears Roleblocker because of false information
I mean he falsely clears roleblocker of not carrying out an ACTION period anyway. My roleblock claim does nothing to change the odds that person is mafia. Accurately pinpointing roleblocker N1 is like 1 in 50,000 odds

brainbomb

#87 Post by brainbomb » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:42 pm

Another mafia member claiming to be roleblocked also falsely clears both him and fellow roleblocker

Wouldnt you rather have a town get cleared for lying than 2 scum getting cleared for lying?

Foxcastle

#88 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:42 pm
Another mafia member claiming to be roleblocked also falsely clears both him and fellow roleblocker

Wouldnt you rather have a town get cleared for lying than 2 scum getting cleared for lying?
In this case, though, if either of the mafia is lynched, it invalidates the other claim as well. If town fakeclaims roleblock and gets lynched, the roleblocker still looks cleared because there's no reason to think the town fakeclaim is false.

RagingIke297

#89 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Again, dumping this here to let people know what they are getting into / getting more people to look at it to see if I've messed something up. Feedback is appreciated :-D

Final Set Up:

VT x14
Tracker x1
Vigilante x1
Doctor x1
Item Smith x1

Town x 18

Janitor x1
Role Blocker x1
Ninja x1
Item Thief x1

Mafia x 4

Serial Killer x1

Total x23

ROLES:

Mafia: Loki (Ninja) Begins with Space Stone

You are Loki, the Trickster God! You begin the game with the Space Stone! It’s powers are: Player can choose a player to teleport out of play for 1 phase (day or night), During that time, player is considered out of the game and they cannot: be killed, perform a kill, be lynched, be roleblocked, vote, post, use any items or powers they possess, transfer items to other players, or preform most all other actions not listed here. Item has cooldown of 1 phase (Day or night) Item begins the game on cooldown.

You are also the Mafia Ninja, each night you may visit a player, undetected by trackers, and use the mafia night kill to kill them. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win the game once the town and Serial Killer have been eliminated or nothing can oppose your faction from winning the game. You may communicate in the mafia QT with your partners the Roleblocker, Item Thief and Janitor.

Ultron (Role Blocker)

You are Ultron, the sentient AI! You are the Mafia Role Blocker, each night you may visit a player and prevent them from using their night action. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win the game once the town and Serial Killer have been eliminated or nothing can oppose your faction from winning the game. You may communicate in the mafia QT with your partners the Ninja , Item Thief and Janitor.

Red Skull (Janitor)

You are Red Skull, the former head of Hydra! You are the Mafia Janitor, One (1) night you may follow the executor of the night kill and clean up the body. You will learn their role, but the town will not be informed. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win the game once the town and Serial Killer have been eliminated or nothing can oppose your faction from winning the game. You may communicate in the mafia QT with your partners the Roleblocker, Item Thief and Ninja .

The Collector (Item Thief) Begins with the Reality Stone

You are Taneleer Tivan, the Collector! You begin the game with the Reality Stone, its powers are: While under any factions control, the player that possesses the Reality Stone may ask the GM’s to confirm if any ONE statement that has been made by any living player is true or false.The GMs will let the player know if the statement is true or false to the best of their ability, if they can at all. Cooldown of 1 phase. Item begins the game on cooldown.

You are also the Item Thief! Once per night you may choose a player to visit, if that player has any items you will steal one of them, if the player has more than one it will be decided at random which you take. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win the game once the town and Serial Killer have been eliminated or nothing can oppose your faction from winning the game. You may communicate in the mafia QT with your partners the Roleblocker, Ninja and Janitor.

Black Widow (Tracker)

You are Natasha Romanoff aka The Black Widow! You are the town tracker! You may track one person each night and discover who they visited; if they visited anyone at all. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Bruce Banner ( Doctor)

You are Bruce Banner aka The Hulk! You are the town doctor! Each night you may visit a player and heal them of their wounds. You may not visit the same player two nights in a row. You may visit yourself, but not two nights in a row. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Iron Man (Vigilante)

You are Tony Stark aka Iron Man! You are the town vigilante! You have two (2) shots which can be used at any time to instantly kill another player. You must wait a full phase (1 day end and 1 night end) after firing your first shot to fire your second one. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Rocket Raccoon (Item Smith)

You are Rocket Raccoon aka “Rabbit”! You are the town item smith! Each night, until you run out of items, you may visit a player and that player will receive a random item from your item pool. Items in your item pool are immune to the item thief. You may target yourself, you may not give an item to the same person twice in a row. Your item pool at the beginning of the game is 1. Hadron Enforcer (one shot gun) 2. Cybernetic Eye (one shot cop scan) 3. Bottle of blue liquid (one shot role block) 4. Holographic Spacesuit (one shot armor, only good for shots not NK’s) 5. Aero-Rig (one shot “commute” (leave the game for a phase, same as time stone essentially )) 6. Some guys prosthetic leg (has no use, but is still an item) Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Scarlet Witch (VT)
You are Wanda Maximoff aka The Scarlet Witch! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Spiderman (VT)
You are Peter Parker aka Spiderman! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

War Machine (VT)
You are James "Rhodey" Rhodes aka War Machine! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Winter Soldier (VT)
You are James "Bucky" Barnes aka The Winter Soldier! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Black Panther (VT)
You are T'Challa aka The Black Panther! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Starlord (VT)
You are Peter Quill aka Starlord! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Groot (VT)
You are Groot aka Groot! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Drax the Destroyer (VT)
You are Drax the Destroyer aka The Walking Thesaurus! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Hawkeye (VT)
You are Clinton "Clint" Barton aka Hawkeye! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Captain America (VT)
You are Steve Rogers aka Captain America! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Thor (VT)
You are Thor, God of Thunder! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated.

Dr. Strange (VT with Stone)
You are Steven Strange aka Dr. Strange! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated. You are in control of the Time Stone! It’s powers are: Player can change phase end time by up to 25% of total phase time in either direction (Day phase can be shortened or lengthened by 12 hours, night phases 6 hours) Item has a cooldown of 1 phase.

Vision (VT with Stone)
You are Vision! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated. You are in control of the Mind Stone! It’s powers are: Player can expose the role of any player, the reveal will be posted in main thread for all to see, item begins the game on cooldown. The cooldown is 1 whole day (1 day phase end and 1 night phase end must pass before using it again)

Gamora (VT with Stone attached)
You are Gamora, daughter of Thanos! You are a vanilla town. Each day you may vote on who to lynch. You win when all foes opposing the town have been eliminated. The Soul Stone is attached to you, but you cannot use it. It only becomes activated when in the hands of Thanos (Serial Killer)

Thanos (Serial Killer)
You are Thanos, The Mad Titan! You are the Serial Killer! Due to your powers you are immune from night killing actions. You may vote each day on who to lynch. You win by defeating both the town and mafia and being the last man standing OR collecting all 6 infinity stones. You are in control of the Power Stone! It’s powers are: Player can cause any single players vote to count as two (increasing by one, should the wielder choose, for each other stone in the owner’s possession) or zero for 1 whole day (day and night), applies to Mafia voting for NK as well. (No reveal of who the power was given to, just added to final vote count) (Ex. SK has 3 stones including the power stone, the serial killer can cause one players vote to be worth 0, 1, 2, 3 or 4 total votes)

You will be informed of which player is Gamora at the start of D2 to aid you in your quest of completing the infinity gauntlet!

*ALL players will be assigned a character (Loki, Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Ect) at the beginning of the game, not just a role. This is because some VTs have stones or other special functions and assigning a name to a player instead of just a role will be easier to keep track of. The roles of VT’s will NOT be given to them at the start, because of the potential for a D1 mass claim*

**due to issues raised by BB last game or the game before, I will be randomizing the player list, then randomizing the character list and assigning, then randomizing the order in which PMs go out.**

***Cooldowns full explanation: Cooldown of 1 phase means you must wait a full phase after using the item to use it again. If you use the item in the middle of day 2, you must wait the rest of day 2 and all of night 2 until you can use it again on day 3. Cooldown of 1 full day means you must wait a full day and night phase after using the item to use it again. If you use the item in the middle of day 2, you must wait the rest of day 2, all of night 2 AND all of day 3 until you can use the item again during night 3.***

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#90 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:30 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:42 pm

In this case, though, if either of the mafia is lynched, it invalidates the other claim as well. If town fakeclaims roleblock and gets lynched, the roleblocker still looks cleared because there's no reason to think the town fakeclaim is false.
I think we should start a tradition to lynch BB the first day. It is the only way to be sure...:P

worcej

#91 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:32 pm

Personally I am excited for this setup - I think it's unique and will have some fun interactions.

I can't wait until someone HC's having a stone lol...

yavuzovic

#92 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Cool, I want to be VT again so I can act PR and attract NK like I did at last game.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#93 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:48 pm

The Time Stone looks like something that is more useful to Mafia than to town? If the current phase is shortened/lengthened what effect will that have on the next phase (i.e. if the day end is brought forward from US EDT 5:00pm to 11am will the next night finish at 11am or 5pm?)?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#94 Post by Squigs44 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:50 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:48 pm
The Time Stone looks like something that is more useful to Mafia than to town? If the current phase is shortened/lengthened what effect will that have on the next phase (i.e. if the day end is brought forward from US EDT 5:00pm to 11am will the next night finish at 11am or 5pm?)?
Well, if two wagons both claim PRs at the last second and you need some extra time to sort things out so that BB doesn't almost lead a wagon off of scum and onto town or someone almost ties the vote up, then I think the time stone could be useful to town. Also, a shortened night could screw mafia over.

RagingIke297

#95 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 pm

flash2015 wrote:
This is something I've been having a hard time with because in our world the time stone takes from one day or night and adds it to another if I use standard phase end times and that's not how I want it to work. I also don't want phase end times to constantly be changing, but it seems like the best solution is to just have phases run their normal time (24 or 48 hours) whenever they actually start. Meaning if someone edits D1 to end 5 hours later, N1 would begin and end 5 hours later than it normally would, while if someone ends D1 5 hours early, N1 would start and end 5 hours earlier than it normally would.

RagingIke297

#96 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Also, I updated the Soul Stone so if the Serial Killer activates it, it remains active if he loses it:

1 Soul Stone: Becomes active in the possession of the Serial Killer, they can use it to perform a traditional night kill if they choose. If Serial Killer loses the stone it still works for Mafia or Town!! Item is attached to a certain VT at the beginning of the game, they cannot give it away. The serial killer learns which player is said VT at the beginning of D2.

damo666

#97 Post by damo666 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 pm

I've got a headache already

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#98 Post by flash2015 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:13 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 pm
flash2015 wrote:
This is something I've been having a hard time with because in our world the time stone takes from one day or night and adds it to another if I use standard phase end times and that's not how I want it to work. I also don't want phase end times to constantly be changing, but it seems like the best solution is to just have phases run their normal time (24 or 48 hours) whenever they actually start. Meaning if someone edits D1 to end 5 hours later, N1 would begin and end 5 hours later than it normally would, while if someone ends D1 5 hours early, N1 would start and end 5 hours earlier than it normally would.
I guess the concern is that the end time may move in such a way that it is inconvenient for some people for the rest of the game (e.g. if we start with US EDT 5pm then the end time is moved to US EDT 11pm this could potentially make it hard for all but the most ardent European Mafia players to be online at the end of the phase for the rest of the game).

DoubtingThomas

#99 Post by DoubtingThomas » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:53 pm

I hope I roll Groot. so I can spam all game, "I am groot"

RagingIke297

#100 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:54 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:13 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:58 pm
flash2015 wrote:
I guess the concern is that the end time may move in such a way that it is inconvenient for some people for the rest of the game (e.g. if we start with US EDT 5pm then the end time is moved to US EDT 11pm this could potentially make it hard for all but the most ardent European Mafia players to be online at the end of the phase for the rest of the game).
This is correct too. Maybe in the interest of having people actually be able to participate time will either be taken from or added to the next phase... I'll put out a formal decision on this soon...