MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Jamiet99uk
Posts: 6172
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 1242
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#681 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:30 pm
Also I fully plan to claim roleblock regardless of if I really get roleblocked. So be prepared to try to figure out if its true
What's the point of announcing this?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 351

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#682 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 pm
ND wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:58 pm
Vote Count
Peterlund (6): Vecna, Teacher2, RagingIke297, bozotheclown, damo666, worcej
Brainbomb (4): Jamiet99uk, yavuzovic, thedipplayer, flash2015
Worcej (2): Foxcastle, DrCJG
Foxcastle (1): rdrivera2005
DemonRHK (1): DoubtingThomas
Yavuzovic (1): brainbomb
Unvote (1): BismarkAlive
Teacher2 (1): peterlund

End-Votes (2): flash2015, yavuzovic
Non-Votes: DemonRHK

GM NOTE:
Please remember to read the rules regarding voting. This is my reminder and warning. All players must vote and voting rules are stated in the game start post.

There is one hour and two minutes left in the phase. Also remember that the phase will be ended in accordance to time.is and that clock.

Part 1
Can someone reiterate why Peterlund both became a wagon and evaporated?

This makes me suspicious of teacher who abandoned this to join me on yav. And id venture a guess that if leter and yav both flip town, teacher is scum.
You don't read posts which aren't about you, do you? Peter was supposedly scum because he suggested the back and forth between you and Jamie was an act (i.e. you were both scum). Then he was pronounced "not scum" because he didn't panic when he became the top wagon.

I personally believe that the reasoning for peter to be scum was slim...but I don't believe that once on the wagon Peter not panicking was enough to now decide he wasn't scum (I am sure he has played enough games to know not to panic) and choose another $RANDOM target.

Though the final choice wasn't horrible as thedipplayer wasn't making much of an effort anyway.

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#683 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Also the accusation that I was covering for teammates should no longer be valid.

An 8 wagon formed to 'save' me.

There is no obfuscation here, the vote counts and evidence are the path. If I was saved by scum then someone on dipplayer is simply scum.

Unless 8 town lynched a town. The excuse im taking over the game and hiding my team simply is no longer a valid accusation.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 351

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#684 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:56 pm
Also the accusation that I was covering for teammates should no longer be valid.

An 8 wagon formed to 'save' me.

There is no obfuscation here, the vote counts and evidence are the path. If I was saved by scum then someone on dipplayer is simply scum.

Unless 8 town lynched a town. The excuse im taking over the game and hiding my team simply is no longer a valid accusation.
8/18 voting for one player? It is pretty much guaranteed that at least one or two are mafia.

Multiple people were going out of the way to defend you (like Vecna/Foxcastle)...so it didn't look like your wagon was going to go anywhere once peter became the lead wagon. No-one had to go out of the way to protect you at the end as you had already been saved earlier.

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#685 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:05 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:56 pm
Also the accusation that I was covering for teammates should no longer be valid.

An 8 wagon formed to 'save' me.

There is no obfuscation here, the vote counts and evidence are the path. If I was saved by scum then someone on dipplayer is simply scum.

Unless 8 town lynched a town. The excuse im taking over the game and hiding my team simply is no longer a valid accusation.
8/18 voting for one player? It is pretty much guaranteed that at least one or two are mafia.

Multiple people were going out of the way to defend you (like Vecna/Foxcastle)...so it didn't look like your wagon was going to go anywhere once peter became the lead wagon. No-one had to go out of the way to protect you at the end as you had already been saved earlier.
Okay so vecna and foxcastle are scum then?
Those are my top two townreads.

Ike is also a very high townread of mine.

Why is defending me with 15 plus games of meta history to back it up sketchy in your opinion?

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#686 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:06 pm

Town
Drcgjc
Ike
Vecna
Fox
Squiggs
Worcej

The rest can be lynched imo

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#687 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Peter falling closer to null based on how his read on me and Jamie is a shallow,reason for him to become a (4).

Flash your overall demeanor is haughty and I like it. But you really have a long way to go as far as understanding the players here. Youll probably never find a player as psychotic as me. I have zero ability to behave.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 6172
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 1242
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#688 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 pm

What convinces you Worcej is town, Brainbomb?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 351

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#689 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:05 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:56 pm
Also the accusation that I was covering for teammates should no longer be valid.

An 8 wagon formed to 'save' me.

There is no obfuscation here, the vote counts and evidence are the path. If I was saved by scum then someone on dipplayer is simply scum.

Unless 8 town lynched a town. The excuse im taking over the game and hiding my team simply is no longer a valid accusation.
8/18 voting for one player? It is pretty much guaranteed that at least one or two are mafia.

Multiple people were going out of the way to defend you (like Vecna/Foxcastle)...so it didn't look like your wagon was going to go anywhere once peter became the lead wagon. No-one had to go out of the way to protect you at the end as you had already been saved earlier.
Okay so vecna and foxcastle are scum then?
Those are my top two townreads.

Ike is also a very high townread of mine.

Why is defending me with 15 plus games of meta history to back it up sketchy in your opinion?
I am highly suspicious of anyone being so confident in their town reads so early in game one. And I know you are putting on the act to muddy your reading.

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#690 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 pm
What convinces you Worcej is town, Brainbomb?
Initially I saw him hopping onto a wagon opportunistically. I recall voting him and then he grew as a wagon. He came back with a few posts I liked. Ill look them up just in case I overlooked him.

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#691 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:12 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:05 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:01 pm


8/18 voting for one player? It is pretty much guaranteed that at least one or two are mafia.

Multiple people were going out of the way to defend you (like Vecna/Foxcastle)...so it didn't look like your wagon was going to go anywhere once peter became the lead wagon. No-one had to go out of the way to protect you at the end as you had already been saved earlier.
Okay so vecna and foxcastle are scum then?
Those are my top two townreads.

Ike is also a very high townread of mine.

Why is defending me with 15 plus games of meta history to back it up sketchy in your opinion?
I am highly suspicious of anyone being so confident in their town reads so early in game one. And I know you are putting on the act to muddy your reading.
You just arent going to accept anything I say as sincere. Which is a shame. If you are town I think youll likely just ignore my posts after I die.

Why do you disagree with those townreads.

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#692 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:13 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:29 am
On mobile so not a huge post, but considering DrCJG has been mafia now for 2 games in a row, he could totally be it again. ##vote DrCJG 😎
This was what initially bothered me. An early gamblers fallacy anchor vote.

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#693 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:16 pm

So in response to lurking - I work and live in PST, most of these phases are during my work day and I was trolling around because it was mostly D1 (not informative during first half) and then we had the brain vs Jamie crap... Gotta admit - getting caught up has also been a drag... a lot of 'mean spirited' comments (granted I've seen the ire in other games) and it's getting old, so let's focus on the rage-bears for reads first:

brainbomb - LEAN TOWN: I spent a lot of time trying to focus on a possible 'code' in your first votes, but failed to do so. That ended up with me leading to the conclusion I am reading super heavily into your troll... I think there is legit a lot of bad blood between Jamie and you from the simulator and past games that I am more prone to think you two just needed to duke it out.

Jamie - SCUM LEAN: Another person I spent way to much time analyzing, only I was more focused on your laser focus on brain and the werewolf thing. Then I remembered M36 and you laser focusing on others, so I come to the conclusion that this is just what you do. This might sound mean, but you just are a confrontational person and that's how you play too. You provoke people into slipping at the expense of a personal, non-game relationship. But in this games case, your attacks have come quicker than normal...

Now that those are done, now my other concrete reads:

DrCJG - SCUM LEAN: Mostly feeling this because your playing out relatively the same as last game and I knew you were scum. You are very good at blending in and ducking/weaving. Obviously my vote is not staying on you though, but as I said I do respect your ability to blend so you're on my D2 and beyond list...

Foxcastle - NULL: Totally don't blame you for the vote, I do give off the 'lurking' image because it takes me hours to write these long posts (Newb game members will know that). I hope this list will satisfy your concerns of my content. I have you as null because a vote on DemonRHK is worthless - the logic of preventing a mod kill sounds good on paper, but the more revealed roles we see the better so that PRs can gather worthwhile information quickly.

teacher2 - TOWN LEAN: Once again, you're killing it with ideas/sugestions/mathing (although your math was off because SK cannot be killed at night). I think you're still trying to help everyone again, which puts you right onto my town list now that I am not trying to railroad you. Props for being a Poker fan (I am a casual crap player myself). I was actually on board with your tracker idea but didn't really voice it because several people were against it quickly.

peterlund - NULL: While others find you scum, I can't make much sense of those votes for now other than the lurking comments. I think you've provided little (other than your amazing bot) to have a read off of...

Now hopefully I have helped some of you. Though I see the wagon coming for me, I will accept the fate that I get because of work/lurking to write this.
Tone = clean
Observations = unique

I dont think hes scum. None of this is too reachy

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#694 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:17 pm

I like his peterlund read, not wild on his teacher read. Teacher might be playing a powerwolf game rn.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 351

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#695 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:12 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:05 pm


Okay so vecna and foxcastle are scum then?
Those are my top two townreads.

Ike is also a very high townread of mine.

Why is defending me with 15 plus games of meta history to back it up sketchy in your opinion?
I am highly suspicious of anyone being so confident in their town reads so early in game one. And I know you are putting on the act to muddy your reading.
You just arent going to accept anything I say as sincere. Which is a shame. If you are town I think youll likely just ignore my posts after I die.

Why do you disagree with those townreads.
I am open to anything still. If it had been likely that you could get close to the numbers on yav (you really didn't try very hard to make that case), given it is only day one, I would have joined that wagon if only to get more info on you.

However your switching between claiming mafia, then SK and "martyr hood" and all your BS in between is making it hard to find if you are actually saying anything of substance which would make me change my reading of you.

Vecna
Posts: 2850
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 133

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#696 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:27 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:06 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:28 pm
Also, I was scumbuddies with Yavuz in that scumgame he's mentioning....and I dont think he's scum here, even though his play is odd.
Do I remember true? It was open during the day phase.
Hmmm yeah I think it used daychat but im not 100% certain. Brainbomb should know

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#697 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:27 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:06 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:28 pm
Also, I was scumbuddies with Yavuz in that scumgame he's mentioning....and I dont think he's scum here, even though his play is odd.
Do I remember true? It was open during the day phase.
Hmmm yeah I think it used daychat but im not 100% certain. Brainbomb should know
He died day 1
I dont recall much conversation in daychat.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 1719
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Karma: 351

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#698 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:09 pm
Peter falling closer to null based on how his read on me and Jamie is a shallow,reason for him to become a (4).

Flash your overall demeanor is haughty and I like it. But you really have a long way to go as far as understanding the players here. Youll probably never find a player as psychotic as me. I have zero ability to behave.
You gave out most of a read on page 17 which appeared to be part joke. You claim to have omniscient ability to pick out mafia...and have thrown a few names around without much detail. Care to expand on your reads to us and share with us mere mortals your infinite mafia wisdom?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 6172
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 1242
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#699 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:17 pm
I like his peterlund read, not wild on his teacher read. Teacher might be playing a powerwolf game rn.
Who is "he" in this context?

brainbomb
Posts: 7700
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Camasca
Karma: 977

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#700 Post by brainbomb » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:17 pm
I like his peterlund read, not wild on his teacher read. Teacher might be playing a powerwolf game rn.
Who is "he" in this context?
I never once said he in this post?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest