MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm
Location: Sverige
Karma: 140
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#521 Post by peterlund » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm
yep. join me and the guys on peter
Vecna you are wrong again, as usual I would say. I remember you in M35. You had it mostly wrong then and so also now...

bozotheclown
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 44

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#522 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:01 pm
Bozo and RagingIke, can you give some justification for your vote on Peter?

I'm leery of voting for Peter because I thought he was being scummy last game when he was playing kinda lurky like this, and it turned out he was a PR. So I would prefer a stronger case...
I do not have a strong suspicion of peter, because he has not said much, but the one thing I find suspicious is how he seemed to reverse his position on brainbomb and Jamie in response to teacher.

RagingIke297
Posts: 2138
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:35 pm
Location: Adrift in the Sea of Uncertainty
Karma: 761
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#523 Post by RagingIke297 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:16 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:13 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm
Yeah, it would be a real shame if you had to retype something and slipped up. Much easier to copy and paste to keep your story straight.
@Fox again, you watched M32, did I "slip up" in that game?
I have little recollection of that game, since I only started paying attention halfway through and had just joined the site and didn't know who anyone was.

Tell me, did you "slip up" in that game?
I won as scum and was alive at end game, so if i did it wasn't noticeable enough for anyone to pick up





Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm
Yeah, it would be a real shame if you had to retype something and slipped up. Much easier to copy and paste to keep your story straight.
@ Foxcastle, could you please explain why you're voting worcej?
Because I feel like he's typed a lot and contributed little, and I think he's experienced enough to know how to contribute, but maybe still new enough that if he's scum, he's making the mistake of trying to be present without committing to any position on anything.


You could say the same thing about RDR, myself and others, but you picked worcej, why?

Foxcastle
Posts: 2929
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 503

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#524 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:28 pm

@RagingIke, whether one could say that about Rdr, yourself, or others is pretty subjective. I don't find it true for Rdr or yourself, as far as that goes.

teacher2
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 am
Karma: 23

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#525 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Peter, I get that you scumread me, but if you are town, why arent you voting brain for survival? Especially given that Im an unlikely wagon at this point?
More Especially given that you previously scummed Brain? If the answer is that you now town him, due to my questioning your logic,how do you get to a scumread of me?

My read on you was really not strong before your post on me. But now I really just dont understand your play on several levels.

Foxcastle
Posts: 2929
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 503

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#526 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 pm

And as for worcej, he's posted some reads now, so he has committed to something. Maybe just to address the votes against him, maybe just because that's when he could get to the game.

yavuzovic
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 364
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#527 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:38 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:41 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Look below
Above in my case, but you did get at it.
I'm sorry, I have a weird forum order that makes the most recent post first. So my explanation was under this post

yavuzovic
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 364
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#528 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:34 pm
Yavuz, do you think Brainbomb's comments about being a werewolf and wanting to kill townies was a mistake?
Impossible
Yavuz, so you think that Brainbomb just came out and admitted he's scum, on purpose?
Yeah, like that. But this is the simplest logic. I think the did this for confusing us. Also you know what's weird? It worked well. You aren't lynching him.
I'll not change my BB vote
##end
If you lynch Peter and he rolls scum, I congratulate you and feel free to connect me.

yavuzovic
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 364
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#529 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:45 pm

peterlund wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm
Teacher is behaving suspiciously. He started with this on page 4.
teacher2 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm
So yea, I think tracker should hardclaim right now. Seriously. My logic is below.
...
We know we have a doctor and a JOAT. Doctor can protect tracker N1 without interfering with tracker abilities. JOAT can heal tracker N2, without interfering with tracker abilities. Doctor can protect tracker N3 without interfering with tracker abilities.

In other words, having the tracker claim provides a knowntown for 4 days of play. It also likely forces scum to use their roleblock on that slot for three nights, leaving the JOAT free to kill N3 as the suspects narrow, and the doctor free to protect a different potential kill target N2.
This feels like a scheme to 1st reveal the town Tracker and then waste the important powers of the Doc and JOAT for several days with this scheme. Why? When we probably get the trackers info sooner or later anyhow?
teacher2 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm
Now, lets acknowledge the downside – it loses our only investigative role. But a tracker really isn’t as powerful as a cop. It cannot detect the scum kill so long as the ninja is alive. It can detect the serial killer, but that role is a threat to scum as well as town.
And this motivation for this shit sound very fake to me.

And then he votes me on page 14 with this motivation:
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 am
[*]PeterLund: Feels like a similar lurky D1 to M36, where you were PR. But PRs and Scums have fairly similar motivations. We were just getting out of RVS right in the prime of your posting time, but you didn’t say much. Plus, I strongly disagree with what you did say, that Brain-Jamie could be svs theater. Scumlean til you explain that more (previous question).
...
[*]Teacher: Dirtbag.
This is not very much like obv!town Teacher to make so fast and easy conclusions on so little substance. (He even uses the word "dirtbag" to describe himself! What do you mean by this wording?)

He only gives out "null-scum", "null", "townlean" "null-town", "modkill" or "town-read" judgments on every other player. Is he trying to avoid conflict with every other team members. Seems like undercover buddying to me. That is a scum-tell to me. Not what I expect from town Teacher.

He continues to get involved in the useless Flash's "maths" discussions. Everyone knows that town should use every chance it has to kill a mafia/sk member. Why waste so much energy on this crap? It seems that scum Teacher seem to think that this is a way to appear more active and towny.

I am quite confident (for being D1) that we here see scum Teacher in action. So I am going to ##VOTE Teacher. I will not be surprised when Teacher for once survive the first days NK and this without any doc/joat saves. I remember that he in M36 got NKed N2 (after Xorxes N1). It will probably not happen in this game.


I agree, you can see that I said I would shoot teacher if I were JOAT. I also pointed that as a gut feeling but it still exists.

yavuzovic
Posts: 2292
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm
Karma: 364
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#530 Post by yavuzovic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:46 pm

peterlund wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm
Teacher is behaving suspiciously. He started with this on page 4.
teacher2 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm
So yea, I think tracker should hardclaim right now. Seriously. My logic is below.
...
We know we have a doctor and a JOAT. Doctor can protect tracker N1 without interfering with tracker abilities. JOAT can heal tracker N2, without interfering with tracker abilities. Doctor can protect tracker N3 without interfering with tracker abilities.

In other words, having the tracker claim provides a knowntown for 4 days of play. It also likely forces scum to use their roleblock on that slot for three nights, leaving the JOAT free to kill N3 as the suspects narrow, and the doctor free to protect a different potential kill target N2.
This feels like a scheme to 1st reveal the town Tracker and then waste the important powers of the Doc and JOAT for several days with this scheme. Why? When we probably get the trackers info sooner or later anyhow?
teacher2 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:49 pm
Now, lets acknowledge the downside – it loses our only investigative role. But a tracker really isn’t as powerful as a cop. It cannot detect the scum kill so long as the ninja is alive. It can detect the serial killer, but that role is a threat to scum as well as town.
And this motivation for this shit sound very fake to me.

And then he votes me on page 14 with this motivation:
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 am
[*]PeterLund: Feels like a similar lurky D1 to M36, where you were PR. But PRs and Scums have fairly similar motivations. We were just getting out of RVS right in the prime of your posting time, but you didn’t say much. Plus, I strongly disagree with what you did say, that Brain-Jamie could be svs theater. Scumlean til you explain that more (previous question).
...
[*]Teacher: Dirtbag.
This is not very much like obv!town Teacher to make so fast and easy conclusions on so little substance. (He even uses the word "dirtbag" to describe himself! What do you mean by this wording?)

He only gives out "null-scum", "null", "townlean" "null-town", "modkill" or "town-read" judgments on every other player. Is he trying to avoid conflict with every other team members. Seems like undercover buddying to me. That is a scum-tell to me. Not what I expect from town Teacher.

He continues to get involved in the useless Flash's "maths" discussions. Everyone knows that town should use every chance it has to kill a mafia/sk member. Why waste so much energy on this crap? It seems that scum Teacher seem to think that this is a way to appear more active and towny.

I am quite confident (for being D1) that we here see scum Teacher in action. So I am going to ##VOTE Teacher. I will not be surprised when Teacher for once survive the first days NK and this without any doc/joat saves. I remember that he in M36 got NKed N2 (after Xorxes N1). It will probably not happen in this game.


I agree, you can see that I said I would shoot teacher if I were JOAT. I also pointed that as a gut feeling but it still exists.

And
"You cannot make another post so soon after your last."
Why, what if I write so fast?

worcej
Posts: 2869
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 459

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#531 Post by worcej » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:47 pm

I am going with my gut that brainbomb is indeed town. ##vote peterlund

BismarckAlive
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:15 am
Karma: 7

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#532 Post by BismarckAlive » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 pm

##vote peterlund

There is some suspicion about his arguments against @teacher2. References to previous games I always take as distractions because how one plays in one game must always be somewhat different to how one plays in a different game, purely because (1) you may have different people, but more importantly (2) you will most certainly play a different role. Using that as a reason to vote was, to my now-weary med-riddled brain, spurious and baseless.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm
Location: Sverige
Karma: 140
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#533 Post by peterlund » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 pm
Peter, I get that you scumread me, but if you are town, why arent you voting brain for survival? Especially given that Im an unlikely wagon at this point?
First of all, my personal survival is not so important. It never is. Much more important is, to point out that you are not really yourself in this game. I have seen you in M36. You are excellent playing town, and I am afraid that you are as excellent also at pretending being town when you are scum. So I think venting my suspicions about you is much more important for town in the long run at this hour.
teacher2 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:29 pm
More Especially given that you previously scummed Brain? If the answer is that you now town him, due to my questioning your logic,how do you get to a scumread of me?
I really never "scummed" brain or jamie. I was pointing out that their behaviour was different. Maybe mostly Brain's behaviour. I have never seen him so rude before. I am Swedish. I dislike rudeness even within the game context! Everyone that have seen me from before are quite aware of this fact.

DrCJG
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 pm
Karma: 20

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#534 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Well I would vote Peter over Brain if that's what it is coming down to...

@Peter - I don't think you are going to get a counter wagon on teacher2... do you have any other counter proposals?

ND
Posts: 2155
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Karma: 575

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#535 Post by ND » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Vote Count
Peterlund (6): Vecna, Teacher2, RagingIke297, bozotheclown, damo666, worcej
Brainbomb (4): Jamiet99uk, yavuzovic, thedipplayer, flash2015
Worcej (2): Foxcastle, DrCJG
Foxcastle (1): rdrivera2005
DemonRHK (1): DoubtingThomas
Yavuzovic (1): brainbomb
Unvote (1): BismarkAlive
Teacher2 (1): peterlund

End-Votes (2): flash2015, yavuzovic
Non-Votes: DemonRHK

GM NOTE:
Please remember to read the rules regarding voting. This is my reminder and warning. All players must vote and voting rules are stated in the game start post.

There is one hour and two minutes left in the phase. Also remember that the phase will be ended in accordance to time.is and that clock.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm
Location: Sverige
Karma: 140
Contact:

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#536 Post by peterlund » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:03 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 pm
@Peter - I don't think you are going to get a counter wagon on teacher2... do you have any other counter proposals?
No I have no other great ideas. It is only day 1, remember. We basically have no real info to go on. But I will be around to EoD1, so if a counter-wagon appears I would jump onto that to save myself...

teacher2
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 am
Karma: 23

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#537 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Flashwagon thedip? Im less happy with Peter given that last post. Too much like M36 for me. But I dont want to move unless I can rally people.

DrCJG
Posts: 403
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 pm
Karma: 20

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#538 Post by DrCJG » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:06 pm

I felt the same way Teacher... but was going to ask if you and bozo would jump to Fox to see where we got?

teacher2
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:51 am
Karma: 23

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#539 Post by teacher2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 pm

peterlund wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 pm
Snip
To speak at more length about the above, this post did alot for me. I scummed and voted Peter for a weak reason in M36, as I did here (and I still think both were valid). Both times a wagon built on Peter after me and one other slot pushed pretty hard. But both times Peter reacted with less instinct for his own personal survival than following his reads......Ugh. Im now torn on him.

bozotheclown
Posts: 3250
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 44

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#540 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 pm

thedipplayer would be my choice as an alternative to peter.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests