MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#1641 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:09 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:01 pm
Squiggs44 only joined the site a few days ago **just** for this game. I am curious. Squiggs44 - how did you find this game? Who suggested that you join?

Catching up now. Flash, I have been a user for years. I stopped playing three years ago because of real life. I got an email from the mods about some multi account investigation, but they had the wrong email. After corresponding with them, they invited me back to the site and I decided to give it another try. I played a couple mafia games back when it was 3.5, 4, and 8 I think. They were fun so I asked if I could sub in.

DoubtingThomas

#1642 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:10 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:09 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:07 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm

I don't think he joined just for this

He's in one of my diplo games
His first post in the forum was July 12. When did your dip game start?
July 12
it says he joined in 2014

http://webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=59641

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1643 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:13 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 pm
Teacher says

Lets not lynch bismark thats a modkill
Lets not lynch damo thats a modkill
Lets not lynch Demonrhk thats a modkill

1. Why would scum dismiss 3 town viable lynch havens all as off limits?

2. Why would scum place 2 scum buddies into a (dont touch, thats a modkill) status?

3. Why was meta from m36 relevant to teachers read on RHK, when rhk hadnt even posted yet?

Tldr: one of damo, bismark, squigs has to be scum. Damo ans bismark have made more sense and have been townier than squigs.

Solution: lynch squiggs and follow the vca, the iso of teacher.

Reasoning: scum would never set aside 3 lurking town and make them off limits

Can't argue with this line of reasoning. Let's lynch damo.

DoubtingThomas

#1644 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:13 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:41 pm
Teacher says

Lets not lynch bismark thats a modkill
Lets not lynch damo thats a modkill
Lets not lynch Demonrhk thats a modkill

1. Why would scum dismiss 3 town viable lynch havens all as off limits?

2. Why would scum place 2 scum buddies into a (dont touch, thats a modkill) status?

3. Why was meta from m36 relevant to teachers read on RHK, when rhk hadnt even posted yet?

Tldr: one of damo, bismark, squigs has to be scum. Damo ans bismark have made more sense and have been townier than squigs.

Solution: lynch squiggs and follow the vca, the iso of teacher.

Reasoning: scum would never set aside 3 lurking town and make them off limits

Can't argue with this line of reasoning. Let's lynch damo.

see ya squigs

you are lucky that you are a mafia in a game you subbed in :(

i wish i had some fun as mafia

maybe next time...

##vote squigs44

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1645 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Honestly, I didnt have a strong read on either Peter or teacher. And I said as much, that I hadn't done an iso on them and wouldnt have time. My town lean on Peter was based more on tone and my town lean on teacher was more on contributions. Contributions are easier to fake than tone, and combine that with the fact that most of my scum leans were voting Peter, I decided to go with teacher.

DoubtingThomas

#1646 Post by DoubtingThomas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:18 pm
Honestly, I didnt have a strong read on either Peter or teacher. And I said as much, that I hadn't done an iso on them and wouldnt have time. My town lean on Peter was based more on tone and my town lean on teacher was more on contributions. Contributions are easier to fake than tone, and combine that with the fact that most of my scum leans were voting Peter, I decided to go with teacher.
can you show us and explain what the difference in tone was between peter and teacher

damo666

#1647 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:22 pm

Brainbomb - if Squiggs is scum who is partner?

Btw I think Squiggs probtown.

damo666

#1648 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:28 pm

If my worcej/vecna theory is correct then I reckon brain is SK who killed DrCJG N1 and tried to killl Jamie N2 but saved by the good doctor (who I can guess but will not divulge).

If worcej/brain are scumpair I haven't a clue who SK is.

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree. Please note wolves howl, they do not bark.

Vecna

#1649 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:30 am
What I think happened;

Mafia has only two people left, and is scared and on the defence. They probably chose not to take any actions, because its quite likely their members are in the spotlight.

After the Teacher lynch there where 14 people left. That means the tracker has 13 people to choose from, of which 2 are scum. If the scum would roleblock and kill, thats 1 in 6 odds either of them get caught. If the Joat would also track, those odds become way higher still.

We've all seen Teacher be super scared of the tracker. He did this math. He did the full claim of the tracker. You've seen him do the statistics in thread, he likes numbers. We saw there was no roleblock and janitoring N1. The entire mafia strategy right now is on evading the trackers, and they probably wouldve preferred not killing, over getting another one of their numbers caught and pretty much having no chance left to win anymore.

Brainbomb is bullshitting yet again. There is no way the mafia would go through a useless roleblock with such high odds of getting caught. Teacher wouldve put a stop to it. Much safer to not RB/Janitor and just let the uncatchable ninja do the kills without odds of getting caught. That means one of your members can also claim RB;d in order to appear more towny.

##vote Brainbomb

Im not sure if he's paired with Worcey, or Jamiet, or some other guy. But I want to string him up. The way he danced about the Teacher wagon and my questioning also made me very suspect of him. As did his response afterwards. The way he instantly jumped onto conclusions felt like it was fueled on fear.

Vecna wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:36 am
Town
Vecna
Peterlund
Worcej
Foxcastle
Squiggs (I read his old games and found it interesting)

Null
Bismark
Flash

Scum
Thomas
Jamie
Yavuz
Rdrivera? (Hes very forgettable so far)
Teacher
Brainbombs Reads on P42. Townread PeterLund. Scumread Teacher

Now watch what happens in the last hour:

On page 60 he Starts a vanity wagon on Rdrivera. Kinda odd if its between a townread and a scumread.

On the same page he then suddenly states that all scum are on both wagons "Especially if teacher is town".

Then he jumps onto PeterLund with the statement "that were all insane for fearing ties 30 minutes out". Smokescreen reasoning to jump on your townread while your scumread is a viable option.

Now, im not gonna transcribe everything, but read along here: http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... =brainbomb

Skip forward to his posts on page 60 and 61 there. You can still see him straining for reasons to push the wagon onto PeterLund for a long time. He tries to find any and all weird reasons to do so.

"Im more willing to follow vecna here even tho I find peter towny". Especially this quote rubbed me the wrong way. So I started questioning brainbomb about his inconsistencies.

Even though I was scumreading PeterLund over Teacon, I noticed the weirdness in how Brainbomb was approaching this situation. Go back and reread our interactions on Page 61-64. Important

After I attack him on this, he suddenly switches. It really looks like he understood how scummy his behaviour was looking and he was switching to the bus mentality. He spots Teacher online, and calls him out on it. Almost like he's yelling for him to fake-claim. Then he does, but he still calls him out on it. Committed to the bus? Afraid to switch and be caught alongside it? This is the only thing giving me pause, but it doesnt wash away all the other stuff.

Then he sees me make a move on Bismarck and he joins in. But instead of going with me he goes in on Jamiet. Perhaps he wanted to sacrefise his lesser teammate Jamiet (the Janitor probably if scum together). Perhaps he just wanted to get rid of soemone thatll keep voting him the rest of the game. Jamiet doing the weird cop claim might indicate he was willing to sacrifice himself to make Teacher look better. Not go down without some resistance to save Teacher and make brainbomb and Teacher look better in the process. Ofcourse this wouldnt work for the long term though since theres still a veteran out there that wouldve cc'd him.

What happened here exactly, I do not know. I have plenty of suspicions. But what I do know is that Brainbomb is looking extremely fishy throughout all of it.

After Teacher flips he gives off the impression of incredibly panicky. He starts throwing suspicions my way. He starts digging into Teacher's posts - mainly to clear himself - because ofcourse Teacher has made sure there will be sufficiently convincing scumreads in his iso to make his teammates look good. The fact Brainbomb instantly goes to dig those up, speaks of a certain mindset. Not to look for Teacher's teammates, but to clear himself and make himself look better. More scummy indicators.

All in all, the roleblock claims, the behaviour around Teacher, the constant chaos-sowing play. It all points to one thing.

LYNCH FUCKING BRAINBOMB
Would like people to respond to this, instead of ignoring it.

This is the first near-slamdunk case on anyone.

Why are people not picking up on the fact that Teacher and Brainbomb were only surface level scumreading eachother?

When it came time to lynch Teacher, Brainbomb was suddenly looking for all kinds of excuses not to vote the person he's been scumreading the entire game.

Then after the flip, the first thing he does is quote the planned interactions between the two slots.

BismarckAlive

#1650 Post by BismarckAlive » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:56 pm

##vote worcej
Good to see a wagon developing on one half of my deduced Mafia team.

Foxcastle

#1651 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:57 pm

That is pretty convincing, Vecna. I want to go back and reread myself—did you ISO Brainbomb or Teacher? Or just reread the thread?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1652 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:07 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
can you show us and explain what the difference in tone was between peter and teacher
At work, on mobile, so I can't go in depth with examples. Teacher was a high volume poster. He scumhunted, and leaned heavily on analytics. While both town and scum can do this, scum have less incentive to do this. They are better off lurking and trying to stay out of the spotlight. Peter on the other hand, was a low volume poster. When he did post, he didn't look at analytics, he didn't do large reads posts. His posts didn't look thought out like Teachers.

damo666

#1653 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Sauce - you maybe in the soup

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1654 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:07 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:20 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
At work, on mobile, so I can't go in depth with examples. Teacher was a high volume poster. He scumhunted, and leaned heavily on analytics. While both town and scum can do this, scum have less incentive to do this. They are better off lurking and trying to stay out of the spotlight. Peter on the other hand, was a low volume poster. When he did post, he didn't look at analytics, he didn't do large reads posts. His posts didn't look thought out like Teachers.
Thats why I town read them. So when it came down to the wire, I went with the playstyle that is easier for scum to hide behind, analytics, rather than tone and genuineness.

Vecna

#1655 Post by Vecna » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:57 pm
That is pretty convincing, Vecna. I want to go back and reread myself—did you ISO Brainbomb or Teacher? Or just reread the thread?
A little bit of both. Either way, you can tell they tried quite well to make their interactions look convincing, which BB was banking on when he went in for the bus.

Jamiet99uk

#1656 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:49 pm

DoubtingThomas is flapping all over the place and looks so scummy right now. High probability SK, really.

Jamiet99uk

#1657 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:49 pm

I promised Fox a re-read. Coming up.

brainbomb

#1658 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:49 pm

##Vote Jamie

Called me probable town at start of day with reasoning and has 180d on that.

Has fake claimed
Has joke posted

Jamie is incapable of recognizing jokes of any form in mafia, so his sudden usage of a fake claim and joke when under the gun is a huge tell

worcej

#1659 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 pm

NOTE: DO NOT CLAIM ANYTHING BASED OFF THE CONTENTS OF THIS MESSAGE.

So a wagon is on me and I am pretty sure I will not be able to respond or be around later to last minute this information, so here we go:

I am a hard-claiming Vanilla Town - I left crumbles in my read lists to try to get some of you to notice early on. Some indicated they did, a lot of you didn't. Based off responses, I believe Brain, Teacher, DrCJG, and possibly Jamie caught my code. So to get everyone up to the same level, here is the first crumble I left in my reads. Below is the D1 read list:
worcej wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm
So in response to lurking - I work and live in PST, most of these phases are during my work day and I was trolling around because it was mostly D1 (not informative during first half) and then we had the brain vs Jamie crap... Gotta admit - getting caught up has also been a drag... a lot of 'mean spirited' comments (granted I've seen the ire in other games) and it's getting old, so let's focus on the rage-bears for reads first:

brainbomb - LEAN TOWN: I spent a lot of time trying to focus on a possible 'code' in your first votes, but failed to do so. That ended up with me leading to the conclusion I am reading super heavily into your troll... I think there is legit a lot of bad blood between Jamie and you from the simulator and past games that I am more prone to think you two just needed to duke it out.

Jamie - SCUM LEAN: Another person I spent way to much time analyzing, only I was more focused on your laser focus on brain and the werewolf thing. Then I remembered M36 and you laser focusing on others, so I come to the conclusion that this is just what you do. This might sound mean, but you just are a confrontational person and that's how you play too. You provoke people into slipping at the expense of a personal, non-game relationship. But in this games case, your attacks have come quicker than normal...

Now that those are done, now my other concrete reads:

DrCJG - SCUM LEAN: Mostly feeling this because your playing out relatively the same as last game and I knew you were scum. You are very good at blending in and ducking/weaving. Obviously my vote is not staying on you though, but as I said I do respect your ability to blend so you're on my D2 and beyond list...

Foxcastle - NULL: Totally don't blame you for the vote, I do give off the 'lurking' image because it takes me hours to write these long posts (Newb game members will know that). I hope this list will satisfy your concerns of my content. I have you as null because a vote on DemonRHK is worthless - the logic of preventing a mod kill sounds good on paper, but the more revealed roles we see the better so that PRs can gather worthwhile information quickly.

teacher2 - TOWN LEAN: Once again, you're killing it with ideas/sugestions/mathing (although your math was off because SK cannot be killed at night). I think you're still trying to help everyone again, which puts you right onto my town list now that I am not trying to railroad you. Props for being a Poker fan (I am a casual crap player myself). I was actually on board with your tracker idea but didn't really voice it because several people were against it quickly.

peterlund - NULL: While others find you scum, I can't make much sense of those votes for now other than the lurking comments. I think you've provided little (other than your amazing bot) to have a read off of...

Now hopefully I have helped some of you. Though I see the wagon coming for me, I will accept the fate that I get because of work/lurking to write this.
Now, I'll make it obvious where the crumbs are and what the code was:
worcej wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm
So in response to lurking - I work and live in PST, most of these phases are during my work day and I was trolling around because it was mostly D1 (not informative during first half) and then we had the brain vs Jamie crap... Gotta admit - getting caught up has also been a drag... a lot of 'mean spirited' comments (granted I've seen the ire in other games) and it's getting old, so let's focus on the rage-bears for reads first:

brainbomb - LEAN TOWN: I spent a lot of time trying to focus on a possible 'code' in your first votes, but failed to do so. That ended up with me leading to the conclusion I am reading super heavily into your troll... I think there is legit a lot of bad blood between Jamie and you from the simulator and past games that I am more prone to think you two just needed to duke it out.

Jamie - SCUM LEAN: Another person I spent way to much time analyzing, only I was more focused on your laser focus on brain and the werewolf thing. Then I remembered M36 and you laser focusing on others, so I come to the conclusion that this is just what you do. This might sound mean, but you just are a confrontational person and that's how you play too. You provoke people into slipping at the expense of a personal, non-game relationship. But in this games case, your attacks have come quicker than normal...

Now that those are done, now my other concrete reads:

DrCJG - SCUM LEAN: Mostly feeling this because your playing out relatively the same as last game and I knew you were scum. You are very good at blending in and ducking/weaving. Obviously my vote is not staying on you though, but as I said I do respect your ability to blend so you're on my D2 and beyond list...

Foxcastle - NULL: Totally don't blame you for the vote, I do give off the 'lurking' image because it takes me hours to write these long posts (Newb game members will know that). I hope this list will satisfy your concerns of my content. I have you as null because a vote on DemonRHK is worthless - the logic of preventing a mod kill sounds good on paper, but the more revealed roles we see the better so that PRs can gather worthwhile information quickly.

teacher2 - TOWN LEAN: Once again, you're killing it with ideas/sugestions/mathing (although your math was off because SK cannot be killed at night). I think you're still trying to help everyone again, which puts you right onto my town list now that I am not trying to railroad you. Props for being a Poker fan (I am a casual crap player myself). I was actually on board with your tracker idea but didn't really voice it because several people were against it quickly.

peterlund - NULL: While others find you scum, I can't make much sense of those votes for now other than the lurking comments. I think you've provided little (other than your amazing bot) to have a read off of...

Now hopefully I have helped some of you. Though I see the wagon coming for me, I will accept the fate that I get because of work/lurking to write this.
If you ISO me, you will see several times I referred people to 'go back and read my read list.' If you want, just click this link and see my posting after I posted the list (I was trying to make it super obvious because I could tell some people were not getting it...) http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... ser=worcej

Fast forward to D2, 2nd Readlist - look closely now, same type of message, because I did this but was lying about it at the time:
worcej wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:32 pm
Readlist, 2.0 - I'd come up with a catchy topic to make it funny, but my Sunday Morning humor is nowhere to be found.

I'll make this one focus on the current people up for lynching:

Brain - STILL TOWN LEAN: I might be the only one that thinks this, mostly because you're driving everyone nuts. But let's all be honest about this: What would the value of brain continuing to shine a spot-light on himself do if he were scum? I imagine scum will not every NK Brain because of the fact he is wildly viewed as annoying/bothersome. I honestly think he's just stirring the pot to get people to slip... which is leading me to my next read...

Jamie - SOFT SCUM LEAN: Majority of people seem to think it's irrelevant, but I find your tunneling on Brain a majority of this game to be suspicious. To me, assuming Brain is the D2 Lynch, if he flips town you're immediately my top scum due to the hyper focus you've put onto him this game. You voted for him from your first post and have never left him once, regardless of the community input. Let's go further with this - @Jamie, if he flips town at EOD, what will be your defense for hyper focusing him?

worcej - Cool Dude: An awesome dude that is the epitome of town.

peterlund - SCUM LEAN: Peter seems to be deflecting in his D2 posts away from himself. Nothing is being offered as substantial and is mostly fluff, http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g= ... =peterlund, and the D1 posts were also nothing to be excited about other than declaring teacher as possible scum.

teacher2 - SOFT TOWN LEAN: Really hard to nail you down to scum because I feel like you're genuinely playing as how I've seen you play in the past two games and both times you were town. I'll continue with my town lean and see how the game develops - considering the NK possibilities might solve that riddle for me.

Otherwise, Damo and Bismark are both on my 'meh' list due to really not posting much and lurking. This is typical of Damo, based on Noob game experience (also why it was easy to tunnel you on D1 in said game), and I know nothing of Bismark.

More to come, considering we're over 24 hours from EOD :D
My goal, whether you believe it or not, was to ISO (with my possible night death) between the 3 people left (teacher2, Brain, and Jamie) that got my 'code'. Since it was down to just 2 people to notice it (Brain/Jamie, because teacher got lynched) and a lot of others still scum reading me, I decided to roll with it and not blurt something out until the end of N2 on if I died. As you saw, I didn't post anything (because I legit lost track of time) but I also didn't die. This has led me to honestly believe BB and Jamie are both town because that PR message should've motivated them to go for me but I have yet to be visited (unless shockingly I was hit and saved by the doctor).

In regards to what happened N2: I presume, personally, that Mafia went after Peter and the JOAT did indeed 'save' peter. I put that in quotes because perhaps peter is lying and the real doctor would know this, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T COUNTER CLAIM IT YET. Town is currently at a good advantage because the SK is lurking and could also hit mafia, so they need to be subtle still.

I am hopeful that N3 will see some more 'action' to make this easier. Also, now that this is out there, I welcome you to continue lynching me and throwing possible shade at my claim. This is a team game, so once I flip it will confirm any suspicions you have.

That being said, ##vote worcej. Bring it on :razz:

Jamiet99uk

#1660 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:49 pm
##Vote Jamie

Called me probable town at start of day with reasoning and has 180d on that.
Ok this is a straight up lie. I have not called you town at any point in the current day.

Prove me wrong.