MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2401 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:56 am

I thought you already had been pretty damn thorough Squiggs lol. Take your time if you like.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2402 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:15 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:56 am
I thought you already had been pretty damn thorough Squiggs lol. Take your time if you like.
I was thorough with flash and Rdrivera, but I haven't looked at you and worcej. I want to go back through Bismarck to see who he likely would have tracked and what that means.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2403 Post by flash2015 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:15 pm

I read Squigs opus. It essentially sounds like he is not choosing me currently because of "Hanlon's razor" ("Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."). I am not sure if I should be happy or insulted by this... :-P

But that isn't important now. As long as everyone realizes that the vote only comes down to me or rdr, it doesn't matter which one you lynch tonight. Town will win and my work is done.

damo666

#2404 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 pm

If you are correct Flash I'm happy voting rdr today.

But, what will you say if rdr flips Town?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2405 Post by flash2015 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 pm

I will give you all of ghug's cookies if he flips town (he hasn't given them to me yet - I would actually be giving you my ghug cookie futures :) ). It just won't happen.

But if pigs really do fly, vote for me on the final day as obviously I am the only remaining option. Again, this is why I don't care if you vote for me today. As long as everyone sees that there are only two valid options we win.

worcej

#2406 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:50 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:13 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 pm

I will give you all of ghug's cookies if he flips town (he hasn't given them to me yet - I would actually be giving you my ghug cookie futures :) ). It just won't happen.

But if pigs really do fly, vote for me on the final day as obviously I am the only remaining option. Again, this is why I don't care if you vote for me today. As long as everyone sees that there are only two valid options we win.
Problem is I need to care because I am 99.99% sure I will be the next NK over damo. So then it would be between Squigs/Flash/Damo.

TL;DR - This will most likely be my last chance to influence the game.

I would suggest not to end it so quickly, but that's in Squigs's court to add the vote.

worcej

#2407 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 pm
FUCK YOU SQUIGGS

YOU'RE A SHIT TEAMAMT
This quote right here has me the most concerned and I keep tracking back to it. The biggest thing for me is it went away like water under the bridge and was never really addressed except by myself with WIFOM-esque logic.

As my last 'act' if you will, I am constantly questioning if Fox was being legit here or not. Do I put Fox as someone who is a decent player, knowing that the remaining group is mostly relatively fresh players...

Screw it, let's see if this takes off from you guys. Fox, I am assuming you're a smart player and wanted us to WIFOM away from your ally.

##vote Squigs44 ##end

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2408 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:09 pm

##GM NOTE
At the risk of being pedantic... the day has not ended early, despite the number of "end" votes, because the end vote tally requires 50% +1 of the active players voting for the SAME lynch candidate.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2409 Post by flash2015 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:10 pm

##unend

damo666

#2410 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:12 pm

##unend

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2411 Post by flash2015 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:15 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:03 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:00 pm
FUCK YOU SQUIGGS

YOU'RE A SHIT TEAMAMT
This quote right here has me the most concerned and I keep tracking back to it. The biggest thing for me is it went away like water under the bridge and was never really addressed except by myself with WIFOM-esque logic.

As my last 'act' if you will, I am constantly questioning if Fox was being legit here or not. Do I put Fox as someone who is a decent player, knowing that the remaining group is mostly relatively fresh players...

Screw it, let's see if this takes off from you guys. Fox, I am assuming you're a smart player and wanted us to WIFOM away from your ally.

##vote Squigs44 ##end
But again it would not make sense to do that. Squigs would have been exchanging mafia tracking ability and lylo (with me as number one scum pick) for a small amount of additional town cred and an additional chance for town to catch him. Given that Squigs is such an experienced player I can't see how he would make such a choice.

damo666

#2412 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:22 pm

worcej do you think there is any significance in Bismarck making Flash day 6 lynch and Squiggs/rdr day 7? Is his putting Flash first anything more than a guess. I'm thinking not.

Also, i'm rather hoping you are not NK'd because assuming rdr is lynched he would in that case have flipped town and then no doubt Squiggs will vote Flash, Flash will vote Squiggs and the whole game will depend on my vote.

Of course if I am NK'd you will have the deciding vote.

Let's just hope Rdr is lynched and flips scum.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2413 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Vote Count 6.1
Rdrivera2005 (3) flash2015, Squigs44, damo666
Squigs44 (1) worcej

rdrivera2005 has not yet voted.
1 end vote out of 3… (worcej)

Presently rdrivera2005 is set to be lynched
Day ends in around 1 day, 5.5 hours

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2414 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:21 pm

I have no problem with being lynched today if we are certain to win tomorrow, but we are not. I really don't feel good about the way this game is going.
I think Flash is playing really well today getting away from the lynch and making me the lynch today. Then tomorrow he will say he is town that don't want to lose the game and will try to convince one of the remaining players to vote with him. Or he is town and is just throwing the game with this tunnel on me. Anyway, I don't like both scenarios.
For now ##vote Flash

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2415 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:44 pm

I'm still split on Flash/Rdrivera, and put my vote on Rdrivera to see how people would respond. I'm a bit worried about damos ease in switching to Rdrivera. Worcej on the other hand, did exactly what I want everyone to do, to look at all of the players, not just Rdrivera and flash.
I'm not sure how to respond to his vote on me, as it was based on something Fox did, not myself. Your original assertion that his post is WIFOM is true. You cannot use that post to give me a townread, but likewise, I don't think that you should base your vote on that post.
If your vote on me is serious, if you really do think I am the last scum, surely you have more reasons than just this one post from Fox. If that's the case, I think you should let us all know what they are, so that the rest of the players can make their best decision and so that I can defend myself.

worcej

#2416 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:53 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:15 pm
But again it would not make sense to do that. Squigs would have been exchanging mafia tracking ability and lylo (with me as number one scum pick) for a small amount of additional town cred and an additional chance for town to catch him. Given that Squigs is such an experienced player I can't see how he would make such a choice.
Because appearing town is worth it at this point. Bismark's failure was in the extreme lack of content in his message. Based off what he said, we should literally be only voting for flash right now, but that isn't taking off because we all are thinking the same thing: we think all Bismark really had was the confirm that damo and I are town, and that's it.

Squig's monologue is nice and all, but he highlights why I think flash was an issue: lurking is a noob strategy for scum. Rdrivera also lurked, but my brain is also telling me it's flash that should get the first lynch because of how he followed fox and the defense he is playing now. Then insert Fox's comment that I quoted and I really want to find out if that was intentional or not - I do think Fox was a calculating player and I want to find my answer in that WIFOM.

My vote will stay on Squigs. I am keeping my end vote up. Damo - you are most likely to be kept alive because you do little to no analysis and are sporadic with your votes. I am clearly the most likely NK.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2417 Post by Squigs44 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:36 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:53 pm
flash2015 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:15 pm
Because appearing town is worth it at this point. Bismark's failure was in the extreme lack of content in his message. Based off what he said, we should literally be only voting for flash right now, but that isn't taking off because we all are thinking the same thing: we think all Bismark really had was the confirm that damo and I are town, and that's it.

Squig's monologue is nice and all, but he highlights why I think flash was an issue: lurking is a noob strategy for scum. Rdrivera also lurked, but my brain is also telling me it's flash that should get the first lynch because of how he followed fox and the defense he is playing now. Then insert Fox's comment that I quoted and I really want to find out if that was intentional or not - I do think Fox was a calculating player and I want to find my answer in that WIFOM.

My vote will stay on Squigs. I am keeping my end vote up. Damo - you are most likely to be kept alive because you do little to no analysis and are sporadic with your votes. I am clearly the most likely NK.
Wait, it sounds like your top scumread is Flash but you are voting me to sate your curiousity. That can't be right though. Help me understand this worcej.

damo666

#2418 Post by damo666 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:51 pm

Worcej please answer question posted

worcej

#2419 Post by worcej » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:36 pm
Wait, it sounds like your top scumread is Flash but you are voting me to sate your curiousity. That can't be right though. Help me understand this worcej.
That is exactly what I am saying - if we are in the 'let's save the Flash vote for the final one' mode, then I say we should lynch you over rdrivera. If more votes shift to flash then I'd be okay moving there but so far it isn't.

I've explained it well enough, but it comes down to WIFOM ultimately - I think Fox was a decent scum that got luckily flipped (because no one seemed to readily agree with my fox analysis). I think his comment was possibly intentional due to this last second busing, which seems likely because he could've been saved.

Peterbot is laggy as crap right now, but your last second vote put Fox under the bus. You said you would vote him to break the tie in less than 1 minute, but otherwise you only read Fox as scum on D3, but not a hard reading on him - he was mostly a town read.

Again, WIFOM, but I ultimately read rdrivera town more than you.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2420 Post by flash2015 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:44 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:09 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:36 pm
That is exactly what I am saying - if we are in the 'let's save the Flash vote for the final one' mode, then I say we should lynch you over rdrivera. If more votes shift to flash then I'd be okay moving there but so far it isn't.

I've explained it well enough, but it comes down to WIFOM ultimately - I think Fox was a decent scum that got luckily flipped (because no one seemed to readily agree with my fox analysis). I think his comment was possibly intentional due to this last second busing, which seems likely because he could've been saved.

Peterbot is laggy as crap right now, but your last second vote put Fox under the bus. You said you would vote him to break the tie in less than 1 minute, but otherwise you only read Fox as scum on D3, but not a hard reading on him - he was mostly a town read.

Again, WIFOM, but I ultimately read rdrivera town more than you.
I am not asking anyone to save me. I have been quite clear. If you believe I am the top scum it is better to vote for me. All I ask is if you vote for me to vote and I get lynched to vote for rdr tomorrow.

If you are unconvinced that Squigs is not scum it is certainly better to have that discussion now rather than potentially tomorrow (if scum is not lynched today)...since at that point the remaining mafia member would be in a much more powerful position. What do you need to convince you that Squigs is not scum? There must be other things that concerned you about Squigs. Do you want to provide a more thorough analysis of Squigs behaviour which we all can look at before the 5pm deadline?