MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2141 Post by damo666 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:17 pm

##vote vecna

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2142 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:37 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:12 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm
Except mafia could RB him tonight and prevent him from using his ability.
However, if Vecna was afraid of being lynched today anyway, then the timing of his reveal makes sense.
@peter - If it is a fake claim, then the real JOAT will kill him tonight anyway, so why lynch him when there is that chance his claim is real. You would risk lynching a PR when he will already die if it is fake?
Yes after my last minute post N3 where I put Vecna number 3 after Brain and DT (who happened to die), Vecna put together a fast claim in all haste misspelling "track" with "travk". This was clearly not planned, but a reaction to my post. Yes he did this in desperation trying to get someone else than himself lynched D4.

As I indicated, I do not want to risk any other town to be lynched just because we wait and see with Vecna. And Vecna may very well be our SK too, making him immune at night.

The claim itself is so fake it ever can be with Mr Vecna. Why in hell waste your last action just to be RBed by scum? There is no explanation for this shit. Remember that we have to do with a mafia pro here. The only reason that he slipped this time was that he drafted this fake claim under extreme time pressure (less than a minute). Even a PROs like him fail sometimes then. And I am sure this is what we saw there. He may very well be SK too, that only can be lynched at day time not by any JOAT at night.

So again join me on ##VOTE VECNA
I find it really really hard to believe that Vecna is SK. No way you fake claim as SK with this many people left. You are pretty much ensuring you get lynched before the end of the game with a fake claim. The only reason you fake claim is if you are mafia and you want to create chaos or get a mislynch to help your teammates out in the long run.
I do think it's possible that Vecna fake claims as mafia though, in which case JOAT kills him.
If you play out the risks and rewards I don't like the risk of lynching Vecna. You are playing out the scenario where Vecna is SK which I think is highly unlikely. Lynching mafia Vec is a big plus, but lynching PR Vec is very very bad.

@peter - Are you sure you are right? Are you willing to stake the game on this read?

bozotheclown

#2143 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:47 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:35 pm
BismarckAlive wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:45 am
Alas, my silence is being misinterpreted and I am being voted to be lynched!
Know me first before you cast your stones towards me.
I was in hospital this day past, so beg forgiveness for the silence.
Now, to last night's visits. Who can tell me what happened to them?
He asked about night visits when there were none.
Why couldn't he be playing newbie dumb here?

I don't like to go back and forth so much but I don't know whether I will be online at 5pm EDT today. If Vecna has got this wrong AGAIN this will be three mislynchings he has lead or tried to lead (peter, BB and potentially bozo). If bozo rolls town, Vecna definitely should be lynched tomorrow:

##VOTE bozo
Vecna, if your vote on me was a trap, I think you caught flash. You should lynch him for trying to set up your lynch when I flip town.

bozotheclown

#2144 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Besides the fact they never voted for teacher, I think worcej, damo, and Bismarck come across as inexperienced town, so I now think there was at least one scum bussing teacher. Based strictly on voting, flash and Squigs seem most likely to have bussed teacher.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2145 Post by peterlund » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:00 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:37 pm
@peter - Are you sure you are right? Are you willing to stake the game on this read?
What stakes? If Vecna really is the JOAT, we already know the result of his 2 first actions and we ALSO KNOW that his last action will fail, because Scum will RB/NK him if he is not lynched today.

So from the town perspective, from which I am looking at it from, if he really is the JOAT we have already gotten all use and all info out of the JOAT. (from what perspective are you Squigs looking at this from?)
So we are not risking the game on this, more than with any other lynch we do. We always risk doing mislynches.

But after Vecna's bad slip and totally unbelievable claim, we instead have very good reasons to think that he is not town at all. This is the best lynch we can do tonight. Worst case, we lynch a VT (All JOAT use/info in already so this is equivalent with lynching a VT now), but I do not think that this will happen. I feel equally good about this one as I felt about Teacher actually.

I am sure we are getting a good lynch here. He is SCUM or SK.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2146 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:01 pm

I think Peter play is a trap, it's the only way I find to justify lynching an un-cced PR claim.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2147 Post by dargorygel » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:11 pm

##GM NOTE
Apologies for this... I have been traveling without internet (unexpectedly) for the past few days. When I arrived home last night, I received a message from ND, our benevolent dictator, asking if I could cover the EoD... but work prohibits me from doing so exactly at EoD time...
So...
I will be on when I can (a few hours) OR ND might come back on.

We will adjudicate at that time.
I ask that if ND does not come in, that you stop posting at EoD time, and we will announce the result asap.

Again, sorry for the disorderliness of this.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2148 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:15 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:11 pm
##GM NOTE
Apologies for this... I have been traveling without internet (unexpectedly) for the past few days. When I arrived home last night, I received a message from ND, our benevolent dictator, asking if I could cover the EoD... but work prohibits me from doing so exactly at EoD time...
So...
I will be on when I can (a few hours) OR ND might come back on.

We will adjudicate at that time.
I ask that if ND does not come in, that you stop posting at EoD time, and we will announce the result asap.

Again, sorry for the disorderliness of this.

So just to clarify, day ends on the hour, not when a GM posts phase has ended?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2149 Post by dargorygel » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Vote Count
Foxcastle (3) worcej, BismarckAlive, rdrivera2005
Bozotheclown(3) Vecna, Squigs44, flash2015
Vecna (2) peterlund, damo666
Worcej (1) Foxcastle
Flash2015 (1) bozotheclown

Presently, no is being lynched.
All have voted
42 minutes left in the day.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2150 Post by dargorygel » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 pm

##GM Note
@squiggs
Yes... this time ONLY... end the day when the timer says it is 5 est, or whatever time zone you are in.

I will ATTEMPT to be on briefly... but I can't guarantee it.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2151 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:24 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:00 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:37 pm
What stakes? If Vecna really is the JOAT, we already know the result of his 2 first actions and we ALSO KNOW that his last action will fail, because Scum will RB/NK him if he is not lynched today.

So from the town perspective, from which I am looking at it from, if he really is the JOAT we have already gotten all use and all info out of the JOAT. (from what perspective are you Squigs looking at this from?)
So we are not risking the game on this, more than with any other lynch we do. We always risk doing mislynches.

But after Vecna's bad slip and totally unbelievable claim, we instead have very good reasons to think that he is not town at all. This is the best lynch we can do tonight. Worst case, we lynch a VT (All JOAT use/info in already so this is equivalent with lynching a VT now), but I do not think that this will happen. I feel equally good about this one as I felt about Teacher actually.

I am sure we are getting a good lynch here. He is SCUM or SK.

Losing JOAT is not the same as VT. First off, it helps with role claiming near the end of the game when there are less roles. Second, this requires Mafia to use their RB at night, which means tracker is not RBd and can possibly track roleblocker or janitor/nker. Your point about any mislynch being bad for us is also true. A mislynch plus two town NKs puts us at 4 town, 2 mafia, 1 SK. That's why any vote we make is very important. So yes, the stakes are very high on any vote.

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#2152 Post by Squigs44 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Where is everyone???

Worcej and BismarckAlive have not been on in forever, and just parked their votes on Fox. Fox also hasn't been on in a while. Now that BB, Jamie, teacher, and DT are gone, there has been way less activity.

Foxcastle

#2153 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:41 pm

I am here. Give me a few minutes to catch up.

Vecna

#2154 Post by Vecna » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:43 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:12 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:00 pm
Except mafia could RB him tonight and prevent him from using his ability.
However, if Vecna was afraid of being lynched today anyway, then the timing of his reveal makes sense.
@peter - If it is a fake claim, then the real JOAT will kill him tonight anyway, so why lynch him when there is that chance his claim is real. You would risk lynching a PR when he will already die if it is fake?
Yes after my last minute post N3 where I put Vecna number 3 after Brain and DT (who happened to die), Vecna put together a fast claim in all haste misspelling "track" with "travk". This was clearly not planned, but a reaction to my post. Yes he did this in desperation trying to get someone else than himself lynched D4.

As I indicated, I do not want to risk any other town to be lynched just because we wait and see with Vecna. And Vecna may very well be our SK too, making him immune at night.

The claim itself is so fake it ever can be with Mr Vecna. Why in hell waste your last action just to be RBed by scum? There is no explanation for this shit. Remember that we have to do with a mafia pro here. The only reason that he slipped this time was that he drafted this fake claim under extreme time pressure (less than a minute). Even a PROs like him fail sometimes then. And I am sure this is what we saw there. He may very well be SK too, that only can be lynched at day time not by any JOAT at night.

So again join me on ##VOTE VECNA
i did this because it was a saturday evening, i had guests over, was drunk, bit still snuck into the bathroom to sent a quick msg to not let this game go to total shit.

itll all make sense soon enough. there was no way id get lynched over worcej or we random today.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2155 Post by peterlund » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:24 pm
Losing JOAT is not the same as VT. First off, it helps with role claiming near the end of the game when there are less roles. Second, this requires Mafia to use their RB at night, which means tracker is not RBd and can possibly track roleblocker or janitor/nker. Your point about any mislynch being bad for us is also true. A mislynch plus two town NKs puts us at 4 town, 2 mafia, 1 SK. That's why any vote we make is very important. So yes, the stakes are very high on any vote.
This is scum Squigs defending his parter DESPITE ALL THE EVIDENCE MOUNTING ON VECNA. I made a good to read have you as number 2 in it. After doing my reads, I happen also to see with some pleasure that both you Squigs and Vecna were voting Bozo together... :)

ND

#2156 Post by ND » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:48 pm

##gm note
Apologies all. I am on my way back from DC and delayed. Dargorygel told me he can't adjudicate the phase and won't be online. I will pull off the road at five and end it. Reveal and flavor will come tonight when I get home. I'll add a bit of time to the night phase since it will start later. So, phase ends at five, reveal and night phase will start in a few hours when I get home.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2157 Post by flash2015 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:50 pm

So what do you suggest Peter? The vote is tied at the moment between bozo and worcej

Vecna

#2158 Post by Vecna » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm

since theres so little time left, and shit is in the dangerous territory ill just out the thing everyone is missing.

BISMARCK is the tracker. he tracked me while i was tracking damo.

that is why BISMARCK was scumreading me, and saying damo is the Sk. the fact damo should be aware of this, but is still voting me is odd, but could be just newb territory.

This is why I saved BISMARCK last night. the guy did the newby thing and went all in with his new information, not realizing i could also be the JOAT.

Outting the tracker is risky, but i dont buy both scum and the SK didnt dig further into why i saved him and outted myself.

Peter also has to know for tonight, so thats why im doing the full disclose here.

any vote for me is a fullblown scumclaim from here on out.

if we lynch the janitor we have 4 townclears.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2159 Post by flash2015 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm

I mean fox and bozo

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2160 Post by peterlund » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:43 pm
i did this because it was a saturday evening, i had guests over, was drunk, bit still snuck into the bathroom to sent a quick msg to not let this game go to total

itll all make sense soon enough. there was no way id get lynched over worcej or we random today.
HERE VECNA IS LYING AGAIN. It was FRIDAY NIGHT not SATURDAY NIGHT as he wrote here!! Get him now the lier and scum.

##VOTE VECNA !!!