MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#2041 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:34 am

##vote Bozo

Has been an easy townread for me every game ive played with him. Is not a townread this game, thus I wanna lynch him

Vecna

#2042 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:35 am

So if brainbomb didnt shit the bed on his roleblocked claim, Damo is cleared of being roleblocker.

He's also cleared of EITHER being the Janitor or the SK, depending on which managed to succesfully kill on N2.

Maybe he's cleared fullstop if both parties did want to kill N2 but one of the kills failed for some reason.

Vecna

#2043 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:36 am

Did anyone get roleblocked last night?

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2044 Post by peterlund » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:39 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 am
If Vecna is the JOAT, that leaves only three players who did not vote for teacher D2. I would be very surprised if there is not at least one scum among worcej, damo, and Bismarck. Look at how teacher's wagon formed:
vote 1: peter - cop
vote 2: yavuzovic - confirmed town
vote 3: DoubtingThomas - confirmed town
vote 4: Jamie - confirmed town

This shows there was no plan for scum to bus teacher, as the teacher wagon became viable is a few hour with all town votes, starting with peter's vote less than 5 hours before EOD. The remaining votes on teacher were placed when the teacher and peter wagons were close enough that the lynch could have gone either way, it is hard to see one of the scum deciding to start bussing the ninja near EOD just because he became a viable wagon.
Bozo - I agree with this. Vecna's JOAT claim rings very false in my ears. Why would the JOAT claim before he has done the last kill? Also I expected the JOAT to have tracked N1, saved N2 and killed N3. So he should be done by now and be able to out all info his have on the results. But we also know JOAT is alive and so far we have not seen this Vecna JOAT claim being counter-claimed by anyone else. Maybe the JOAT is a newbie that not yet has performed all his 3 actions, who knows?

Vecna

#2045 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:43 am

Or maybe the JOAT is just Vekna, and he realized the longer you wait with your abilities, the more likely they are to yield usefull results. Also, theres something else that apparently everyone is missing, but itll come out soon enough.

But hey, im open to any counter-claims, getting a free scum lynch is fine with me.

And I agree with Bozo. Ofcourse they didnt intend to bus Teacher. But when that superquick shift suddenly came they probably got panicked into bussing him.

Vecna

#2046 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:44 am

Also, I actually had the <SHOOT BRAINBOMB> order submitted both N2 and N3, but I changed my mind.

Vecna

#2047 Post by Vecna » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:46 am

Also, im not sure Worcej is a good lynch here.

Brainbomb was HARD HARD defending that slot all game, so unless scum wifom'd why would a scum Worcej shoot brainbomb?

Brainbomb was the main SK suspect, so why would the SK shoot him?

Brainbomb was very likely to be the scum kill, while the SK took out Thomas. That is my strong suspicion at least. Scum probably had some wrong assumption or interpretation of one of BB's softs, and thought he was the tracker or w/e

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2048 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:40 am

Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:46 am
Also, im not sure Worcej is a good lynch here.

Brainbomb was HARD HARD defending that slot all game, so unless scum wifom'd why would a scum Worcej shoot brainbomb?

Brainbomb was the main SK suspect, so why would the SK shoot him?

Brainbomb was very likely to be the scum kill, while the SK took out Thomas. That is my strong suspicion at least. Scum probably had some wrong assumption or interpretation of one of BB's softs, and thought he was the tracker or w/e
First, I believe Vecna's claim as there is no way scum will trade 1 x 1 at this point where we still have at least one myslinch.

I think only a newbie scum team would kill Brainbomb as if he were a PR he would have claimed a long time ago. Maybe SK is too confident he won't be lynched and want to spread some chaos.

I tend to agree that scum would probably not hard buss teacher and the flips are proving it, but there is a chance one scum bussed later as scum used spread his votes. If this happened it's probably after him claimed, when they knew he is done. I don't believe all scum would have voted together on Jamiet.

damo666

#2049 Post by damo666 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:40 pm

On my (admittedly probably naive) VCA the scumpair has to be any 2 from Bismarck Vecna and Worcej. However Bis has V&W as his scumpair, would he do this if one of these were his partner? I doubt it which leaves me agreeing with Bis. This means V's PR claim and W's VT claim are both false.

I think it might be time for PRs with info to disclose.

As to SK I haven't really a clue but having to guess I would go with Bis possibly trying to deflect by accusing me.

Foxcastle

#2050 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:01 pm

I think Worcej is still the best lynch. My reasoning is in my EON reads.

##VOTE WORCEJ

I am not sure what to make of the night kills. I had thought that the first two nights pointed to a veteran player for both the SK and (at least one of) the mafia team. RagingIke seems like a good fearkill from someone who has seen him in previous games, and it's likely that both the mafia and the SK picked up on Yavuz's question about tracking that Peter pointed out and thought he was possibly tracker (a role they both badly want to eliminate). I also think Teacher would not have NK'd DrCJG, either because he thought he was the traitor, or because he was confident of being able to buddy DrCJG as a reliable vote since they both helped build the D1 town wagons.

But killing Brainbomb is a terrible move for mafia because it wastes what was almost surely the next lynch. So I think that must have been the SK. But Doubting Thomas is also not a great mafia kill. It's not like he was being townread, and even if he had been widely town read, he was way too tunnely to be a threat.

Also, if the mafia is going to fearkill RagingIke on Day 1, why leave Vecna alive this long? (This is not shade on Vecna, whose PR claim I believe.) I understand making Yavuz as a potential tracker a priority on Night 2, but then killing Doubting Thomas over Vecna??? Unless there was some slip he made that made them think he was a PR. I think it's possible that the scum team saw something that made them think DT was a PR, and so that still makes me think that at least one member of the scum team is an experienced player.

Foxcastle

#2051 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Also, this will be a low-activity Day phase for me. I'm going on a weekend hiking trip and will only be playing from my phone, and will probably be EOD'ing from my phone, too. So I will be following the thread and can answer questions, but won't be able to go back and do a lot of rereading or VCA.

worcej

#2052 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Once again, I claim VT. I will flip as VT. None of you are asking me anything I can respond to to help explain and you’re just saying I fit as a scum pair.

It’s infuriating to me because I have given you the exact explanations for my actions and have repeatedly said the same thing, you just don’t like my explanation and read furher into them.

So guys, when I flip VT - look at all the guys that have pushed me. Look closely at them and realize my death will make it (on mobile, math may be meh) 6-2-1. You are running out of ‘shit lynches’ considering we started so good this game on the Mafia team.

worcej

#2053 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Every issue Fox has put against me I have responded to and he continues to bus me. Look at him first once I flip.

bozotheclown

#2054 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:30 am
Weird weird nightkills. So if Brainbomb was telling the truth and got RB'd twice.....he probably was killed now because they thought he was a PR?
Maybe, but if brainbomb's RB claims were fake, they might have NKed him before he could admit he was not RBed, since not knowing if the mafia were using the RB will interfere with the tracker results if negative tracks eventually get reported. My opinion is that brainbomb's RB claims were fake, since the roleblocker would risk being tracked, and if they were going to use the RB N2, I think they would have RBed and NKed peter.

bozotheclown

#2055 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:34 am
##vote Bozo

Has been an easy townread for me every game ive played with him. Is not a townread this game, thus I wanna lynch him
I think there are better options to shoot tonight.

bozotheclown

#2056 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:36 am
Did anyone get roleblocked last night?
I was not RBed.

worcej

#2057 Post by worcej » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Bozo didn’t like my fake PR claim and explanation to try to see if Brain/Jamie/teacher (rip before night) bait. Turns out brain and jaime were VT thus didn’t work.

bozotheclown

#2058 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:39 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 am
If Vecna is the JOAT, that leaves only three players who did not vote for teacher D2. I would be very surprised if there is not at least one scum among worcej, damo, and Bismarck. Look at how teacher's wagon formed:
vote 1: peter - cop
vote 2: yavuzovic - confirmed town
vote 3: DoubtingThomas - confirmed town
vote 4: Jamie - confirmed town

This shows there was no plan for scum to bus teacher, as the teacher wagon became viable is a few hour with all town votes, starting with peter's vote less than 5 hours before EOD. The remaining votes on teacher were placed when the teacher and peter wagons were close enough that the lynch could have gone either way, it is hard to see one of the scum deciding to start bussing the ninja near EOD just because he became a viable wagon.
Bozo - I agree with this. Vecna's JOAT claim rings very false in my ears. Why would the JOAT claim before he has done the last kill? Also I expected the JOAT to have tracked N1, saved N2 and killed N3. So he should be done by now and be able to out all info his have on the results. But we also know JOAT is alive and so far we have not seen this Vecna JOAT claim being counter-claimed by anyone else. Maybe the JOAT is a newbie that not yet has performed all his 3 actions, who knows?
I think it is very unlikely a scum Vecna would make a fake PR claim at this point.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2059 Post by flash2015 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:37 am
flash2015 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:46 am
I don't buy Squigs story that he just happened upon the mafia game the same day he rejoined the site. Here is my theory:

It was a couple of hours to the end of the first day and teacher realized it would be a big blow if a scum team mate was killed on the first day. So he contacted Squigs who he knew from another site to rejoin. Squigs joins and joins a diplomacy game as well to give him cover if anyone asks about it.

Note that Squigs only joined the teacher wagon when it was already 6-5. There was a good chance that teacher was going to go down anyway, and even if he did survive there was a big chance he could go down the following day. By joining the teacher wagon Squigs has pretty much put himself above suspicion. What better way to guarantee a mafia win?
Flash, I already explained all of this. The mods contacted me about an unrelated issue, and said there was an ongoing mafia game. I came back to the site, joined this game, and am now in two full press dip games. You can ask the mods about this if you would like. I had never heard of teacher before this game. I played in THREE games previously on this site. I believe I played in game with Jamiet99uk, and I know I played with ND.

The fact that you are voting someone, who you had previously townread, based off of a convoluted theory about modkills saving is concerning to me.
Read my last comment about you. I think I said you were high activity at the start to establish town cred and that you were trying too hard with your reads which gave me pause. I don't think I ever dismissed you as town. And given what happened with jamie and BB, I think I have to make sure I don't automatically dismiss people who joined the teacher wagon, especially those that joined late. Because it could be a valid strategy to make a sacrifice for the longer game (note if you go back to the signup thread this was a specific question I asked about).

And I specifically put forward my theory because "meta" appears to be such a big part of the game on this site (which I didn't know before joining). Everyone is going back and comparing play to past games. Teacher was comparing his scum games vs. town games to show he posted less when he played as scum (I assume to suggest his high activity in this game meant he was town). If my "meta" suggestion was out of bounds that is fine, but you are being remarkably defensive about it.

Of course, pretty much anyone can still be the SK. The SK only motivation is self-preservation. We shouldn't lose site of that.

bozotheclown

#2060 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:43 am
Or maybe the JOAT is just Vekna, and he realized the longer you wait with your abilities, the more likely they are to yield usefull results. Also, theres something else that apparently everyone is missing, but itll come out soon enough.

But hey, im open to any counter-claims, getting a free scum lynch is fine with me.

And I agree with Bozo. Ofcourse they didnt intend to bus Teacher. But when that superquick shift suddenly came they probably got panicked into bussing him.
I would be a lot more likely to think a scum might have "panicked into bussing him" if teacher was not the ninja. The vote was so close that any of the teacher votes going to peter could have made a difference, at least until peter claimed doc, which the scum could not have anticipated.